BPL Community Profile

Konrad . (Konrad1013) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Konrad . hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Originally from Huntington Beach, CA. Currently residing in Boston, MA. I enjoy backpacking, car camping, and mountaineering. My style is ultralight (sub-10lb) while remaining extremely comfortable.

JMT - Sept 2011
CityBoston
StateMA
CountryUnited States
My PDF Gear ListGear list for 3-season overnighters and weekends

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Konrad .

Showing 31 - 40 of 2039 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ...204

Forum » Thread

delamination
I didn't know u had an all-season. But yeah, it might have been delaminating...you just couldn't see it. When they introduced the xlite and the semi-transparent fabric, people could see the...

In GEAR » XTherm: use the included pump sack or lungs?
March 30, 7:19am

Hanging food to prevent Mice/Rodents from pillaging
I once read about a technique to prevent critters from crawling down the line of your hung food-sack, but I'm not sure if it actually works, so I'm curious to hear of peoples experiences. I...

In Philosophy & Technique » Hanging food to prevent Mice/Rodents from pillaging
March 30, 7:15am

lung power
Max, Your Xtherm is a completely different animal than your old thermarest. There's anecdotal evidence that moisture leads to delamination of the reflective baffles...something that is not pre...

March 30, 7:12am

fosters
"You poor uneducated fools and your handles" ...says the man drinking foster's ;)

In GEAR » It's Just So Cute!!!
March 29, 6:57pm

xtherm sack
The X-therm stuff sack is utterly useless. I tried to inflate mine with it, but after 3 mins I gave up...it's way too small to be effective. I avoid lung inflation due to the risk of baffle de...

March 29, 6:36pm

Thanks
Thanks guy for the additional info...that's good to know about all the sheltered sites for camping/cooking. I'll beware of mice and food storage. Love the trip report Jennifer, I too apprec...

In GEAR » Gear choices for Patagonia/Torres Del Paine
March 28, 8:35pm

Gear choices for Patagonia/Torres Del Paine
My girlfriend and I found out last night that we both suddenly have an open 2.5 week window in our schedules this upcoming April. Needless to say, we demand an epic trip. Tentative departure date i...

In GEAR » Gear choices for Patagonia/Torres Del Paine
March 28, 5:29am

Dividend
Awwww, my cheapass only got $3.72 this year :( I guess that's the price I pay for having a "never pay full retail" mentality. What should I redeem it on? a pack strap? a cliff bar?...

In GEAR » REI Dividend Coming
March 19, 6:00pm

mmmmmmh jambalaya
Zatarains jambalaya is very cheap ($1-$3 a box, and easily serves 4 per box), can be found at any supermarket, really really delicious but requires that you have water simmering for 25mins after re...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Need a good 1-pot meal for 25 people
March 17, 7:04pm

Additional 25% off
25% off, and stacks on top of their sale items too. Coupon code was posted on their facebook page, and ends on Monday at midnight: RRFFB20 Gonna try out their bone flats shirt this summer. En...

In Gear Deals » Railriders Adventure Shirts, men's Small for $29.00
March 17, 6:59pm

All Reader Reviews by Konrad .

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Sunnysports Sunnysports.com
I've had about 3 orders with sunnysports. I can sum up my experiences by saying they are an excellent retailer with jaw dropping prices on previous season gear. There was a small mistake with my ...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
April 09, 10:59am