Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Doug Smith (Jedi5150) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Central CA
About Me LEO K9 handler, with SAR, EMS background.
StateCalifornia

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Doug Smith

Showing 31 - 40 of 286 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ...29

Forum » Thread

Re: re: dogs
A kennel in Mammoth is something I hadn't considered... Mammoth is one of the most dog-friendly towns I've ever been in, so I'm sure they'd have kennels. That would be a lot of ex...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Ideas for what to do with the pooch in Yosemite
August 17, 12:43pm

Ideas for what to do with the pooch in Yosemite
Hello all, I've got a trip to the Sierra coming up in the beginning-mid September. I got the last Shadow Creek trail reservation for my entry day (yay!). Since dogs are allowed in the Ansel A...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Ideas for what to do with the pooch in Yosemite
August 17, 11:24am

Doggles
David, thanks for the tip on the snow blinding for your pooch. I doubt we'll come across much snow, seeing how hot and try this winter was, but the granite can get bright and I never would hav...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Above tree-line dog friendly in Sierra?
August 11, 12:34am

Re: Re: Above tree-line dog friendly in Sierra?
Thanks for the info you guys, and Andrew, I appreciate the suggested areas. I'll look into them. Billy, thanks for the tip on the ground. I know many people recommend running/ walking your d...

August 10, 6:15pm

Above tree-line dog friendly in Sierra?
After seeing all the incredible Sierra photos in Jay Wilkerson's above tree-line photo thread, I've decided I'd really like to try my first above tree-line backpacking trip this Septemb...

August 10, 11:59am

Re: Damn the torpedos
"Welcome abored! Craig, I saw your post about GoPros. I picked up a Hero 3 Black edition last year at Best Buy I'll sell for $200.00. I'm just not into it. I got it to film the moto...

In GEAR » What Dan McHale has to say about UL backpacks
February 16, 8:58pm

Re: McHale
William, I didn't get quite the same take-aways from Dan's statements you quoted. But that said, he is strongly opinionated, and I can see how it does come across as condescending to a deg...

In GEAR » What Dan McHale has to say about UL backpacks
February 16, 4:40pm

GoPro
Craig, I'm sending you a PM.

In Photography » School me on GoPro
February 15, 2:08pm

Re: Nammatj
I didn't realize this thread was still alive...I need to complement everyone here on their excellent taste in tents. Hahahaha ;-) Congrats on the Nammatj 2 Stephen! Please put up photos w...

In GEAR » Hilleberg Tent thread
February 14, 1:02pm

photos
I thanked Tony in a PM but wanted to do it publicly as well. I've posted a lot of my own trip reports from outings I've done (primarily motorcycle tours), and I know how much work and how ...

In Photo Gallery » 6th Annual Gathering of Gear Geeks 2014: Henry Coe State Park, California
February 13, 11:10pm

All Reader Reviews by Doug Smith

Doug Smith has posted no reviews.