Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Doug Smith (Jedi5150) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Central CA
About Me LEO K9 handler, with SAR, EMS background.
StateCalifornia

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Doug Smith

Showing 31 - 40 of 350 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ...35

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Tripod thoughts
Richard and Bob, I appreciate the head's up about the pod and about real-world issues with one. An incredibly short height might not be too limiting for a tripod. A lot of the landscape photo...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » I'm converted to light wieght
January 04, 7:35pm

tripod
Bob, my logic is fine, it's probably my communication skills causing the problem. My descision for brevity left information out I guess. My camera body is 14.5 oz and the lens I'll like...

January 04, 5:04pm

Re: Dead Bird vs Rab
"Didn't Arc'teryx replace the Atom SV with the AR this season?" I only get Arc'Teryx stuff through their LEAF (Law Enforcement Armed Forces) program, and the Atom SV Gen. ...

In GEAR » What is the best lightweight synthetic parka to buy and why?
January 04, 4:42pm

Table Meadows
Thanks Mitchell, I did some looking up on Table Meadows, and checking out photos. It does look like a very cool place. There are so many areas in the Sierra that I'd love to check out, I'...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Help me find the "flat" spots in the High Sierra ;-)
January 04, 1:18pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Trekking poles and multi-over-use
Thanks Bob, I checked them out on the website. It got pretty horrible reviews, and they say it can't support a DSLR, but I'm glad it's working out for you. I think trekking poles with...

January 04, 1:13pm

Re: Re: photos of my "winterized" tarptent moment dw
"Kinda wish you'd start your own TT love fest thread Eric. You're just being rude." Hahaha... I think Ken was brave enough to say what most of us were thinking. I was jus...

In GEAR » Hilleberg Tent thread
January 04, 1:02pm

Re: Re: Trekking poles and multi-over-use
I'm always looking for lighter tripods, Bob. :) Could you share the name? Ideally I'd like something with adjustable height, not like a gorillapod or something similar.

January 04, 2:17am

Soulo?
Hey Eric, so how is adding two crossing poles to a single pole design different than the Soulo? I get that your X-poles are underneath the fly, but that seems more cumbersome. If the goal is to...

In GEAR » Hilleberg Tent thread
January 04, 2:11am

Trekking poles and multi-over-use
I just came to a realization that if I got a shelter (ie: tarp) that uses trekking poles for support, I am limiting myself with photography (or vice versa). The Trailpix tripod thing uses your tre...

January 03, 10:41pm

X-lite
I see this thread is about the X-Lite, but I can't help but wonder why they didn't make it like the X-Therm. With my X-Therm, the stuff sack it comes with is also the "pump". It...

In GEAR » Best way to inflate neoair xlite
January 03, 10:08pm

All Reader Reviews by Doug Smith

Doug Smith has posted no reviews.