BPL Community Profile

Christopher Mills (Hiker816) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Denver
About Me Christopher Mills has not added a biography yet.
CityDenver
StateCA
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Christopher Mills

Showing 31 - 40 of 149 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

Forum » Thread

Re: Railriders Ecomesh or similar?
Hi Craig, I've done a lot of running and LD backpacking in the railriders shirts. I prefer the Adventure Top to the Ecomesh because the velcro on the Ecomesh doesn't keep the top closed...

In GEAR » Railriders Ecomesh or similar?
March 31, 7:44pm

Re: Unconventional PCT hiking method? (nocturnal hiking)
In 2000, I started a thru-hike of the PCT on May 21. That was a normal year as far as snow and weather, if I recall correctly. It was hot, but with good sun-protective clothing, I managed just fi...

In Philosophy & Technique » Unconventional PCT hiking method? (nocturnal hiking)
March 30, 6:50pm

Re: My first MYOG full dyneema pack
Beautiful looking pack! Can I ask where you got the dyneema fabric?

In Make Your Own Gear » My first MYOG full dyneema pack
March 07, 11:31am

Re: Gossamer Gear LT4's ... Strap or no strap? that is the question
Hopefully I'm not going to come off as one of those people on their "high horse" with this post, but I want to point out that if the weight of the poles you're using make any diff...

In Philosophy & Technique » Gossamer Gear LT4's ... Strap or no strap? that is the question
March 01, 3:27pm

Re: Re: old Adverturer
"I am curious what practical advantage the opti has over a metal sensor -- in terms of water treatment ease of use and effectiveness? For me, I am not must interested in using it as a LED ligh...

In GEAR » Steripen Traveler?
February 27, 11:42pm

Re: Trip Report: 2010 Teton Crest Expedition
Great article! Sorry if I missed this, but what pack is Ryan Jordan carrying in that video? It looks like a combo of woven dyneema and cuben fiber.

In Editor's Roundtable » Trip Report: 2010 Teton Crest Expedition
February 22, 11:00pm

Re: Drinking Water for Hiking: Myths and Facts
Very interesting! I remember reading an article either here, or in the PCTA magazine, that came to the opposite conclusion regarding water on the top surface of lakes. If I am remembering correct...

In Philosophy & Technique » Drinking Water for Hiking: Myths and Facts
February 22, 10:57pm

Re: Re: PCT vs. JMT
"Why couldn't a JMT hiker get permits for both JMT and PCT? Then, when confronted by a ranger, you could show one permit or the other, just depending on what was to your advantage for that...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Ursack Lawsuit Moves Ahead
February 20, 10:55pm

Re: 100% Dyneema/Spectra
"I inquired about this stuff a month or so back. Your talking $60.00 a yard with a 500 yard minimum at the mill. I am not sure where Dan McHale is getting it but from what understand thats abo...

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG Material Suggestions
February 08, 11:09am

Re: MYOG Material Suggestions
I would LOVE to see some woven 100% dyneema/spectra (not gridstop) offered in several weights.

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG Material Suggestions
February 07, 11:20pm

All Reader Reviews by Christopher Mills

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

RailRiders Adventure Shirt
I'm also a huge fan of the RR Adventure shirt. I've used it on a couple PCT thru-hikes and many smaller trips and it is the most versatile article of clothing I've ever used. I took two ...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - SYNTHETIC
April 02, 7:50am