BPL Community Profile

Mike M (mtwarden) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Montana
About Me Colin Chapman "Simplify and add lightness"
My PDF Gear List3 day "Shoulder Season" list- Rocky Mtns

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Mike M

Showing 2991 - 3000 of 3294 | Page: 1 ...291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 ...330

Forum » Thread

my "help change the first number to 5" list :)
my base weight is currently 6.9 lbs, would be nice to see that first number a 5 (not 5 even mind you, just the first number) :) I made one note on the NeoAir that going to a small would shave ...

In Gear Lists » my "help change the first number to 5" list :)
June 23, 8:07pm

Gila
yup- the heat was a little shock, but while a lot of the country was very different, much of it felt very familiar our routes were similar- we both started @ the Catwalk to Redstone, we both wen...

In Post-Trip Reports » Gila Wilderness- Whitewater Loop
June 23, 12:54pm

Gila Wilderness- Whitewater Loop
First I'd like to thank Eugene for all his help in planning this hike :) My wife and I were looking for something a little "different" , but also the fact that our hiking season usua...

In Post-Trip Reports » Gila Wilderness- Whitewater Loop
June 22, 8:28pm

SOLD Patagonia Nano Puff jacket- brand new
a brand new (w/o tags) Patagonia Nano Puff men's jacket, size large, color is Bonfire Orange weight 9.7 oz $SOLD shipped conus thanks Mike

In Gear Swap » Patagonia Nano Puff jacket- brand new
June 22, 6:28am

clo2 tabs
my wife and I carry 1/2 liter bottles mainly for a gatorade mix (we carry 1 liter bottles for water), we split tabs all the time, if we don't treat the 1/2 liter bottles at the same time the re...

In GEAR » conserving ClO2 tablets
June 21, 9:40pm

Re: 2 Person Kitchen
our setup for the last two years has been ti SP 900 w/ a custom aluminum lid (never used the "fry pan) @ 5.0 oz; two ti SP cups (folding handles) @ 2x 1.4 oz; two SP ti bowls @ 2 x1.6 oz, two ...

In GEAR » 2 Person Kitchen
June 21, 9:28pm

sticking
very possible I had very little sticking on the ti spokes, what little there was I could "skim off" w/ my fingernail

In Make Your Own Gear » 1 oz. grill
June 17, 12:52pm

Re: Re: 1 oz. grill"
it might work, the worry would be the cable sagging

In Make Your Own Gear » 1 oz. grill
June 16, 7:51pm

Re: Re: new re-handled WM1
Greg Haugh of http://loneridergrips.com/- it's handled on a WM1 "blank"- I still have the thermorun one :)

In GEAR » What knife do you carry backpacking?
June 16, 7:10am

new re-handled WM1
picked up another WM1- this one re-handled in orange G10 put it through it's paces w/ food prep, fire building and fish cleaning- great little knife

In GEAR » What knife do you carry backpacking?
June 15, 9:02pm

All Reader Reviews by Mike M

Showing 1 - 10 of 33 | Page: 1 2 3 4

Review

Category

Petzl e+LITE
I thought I had added my review earlier on this lamp, but hadn't :) I've been very impressed w/ this diminutive lamp- if you're looking for a lamp for hours of night travel- this isn'...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
October 25, 12:08pm

Black Diamond Carbon Cork
@ 16 oz (pair) these are certainly heavier than some of the UL offerings, but still relatively light the FlickLock is about as solid of a adjustment as I've seen for trekking poles- I'm sur...

In Trekking Poles
October 18, 4:19pm

ULA Ohm
not sure why it's listed with the frameless packs, while not a robust frame- the carbon fiber/derlin frame is certainly a frame and definitely helps w/ the load capacity of this pack anywho- th...

In Backpacks - Frameless
October 13, 5:17pm

Montrail Sabino Trail
My first pair are over a year old now w/ ~ 500 backpacking/trail running miles- there is some light fraying here and there, but overall are still in very good condition. I've never had a hot spot...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
September 10, 5:23pm

Dirty Girl Gaiters
I'd probably go 4.5 just because of the needed velcro, but I like these enough I wanted to round up. They are breathable, they are light and they do a great job of keeping stuff out of your sho...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
September 10, 5:11pm

Osprey Talon 22
double post- whoops :)

In Backpacks - Frameless
January 03, 7:26pm

Osprey Talon 22
The Talon is a very full featured pack, that carries like a dream (w/ reasonable loads). I use it for snowshoeing day trips and it swallows up the gear- shovel, bivy, down parka, etc I love the be...

In Backpacks - Frameless
January 03, 7:22pm

Wet Fire Fire Starting Tinder
I'm a little redundant w/ fire starting stuff (boy scout in me I guess)- the wetfire tinders are my "if I absolutely need to start a fire" tinder. they will even burn in water or on sno...

In Miscellaneous Products
December 14, 7:49pm

Smartwool Beanie
my Smartwool beanie makes into both my day pack and multi-day trips, light weight, warm, takes up almost no space- I don't go anywhere w/o it going on two years and it still looks/fits great

In Clothing - Headwear, Handwear
November 20, 8:47pm

Moosejaw the company
I've made numerous transaction with moosejaw and they have always been smooth and hassle free. their staff is knowledgable and they frequently have the best prices on gear I do have one smal...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
October 30, 7:00pm