BPL Community Profile

John S. (jshann) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale John S. hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Originally from Louisiana, I enjoyed camping in my Boy Scouting days and eventually became an Eagle Scout. Many years later (2002), I discovered backpacking after going on an REI multisport trip to Alaska. My first backpack was to Grand Canyon, and I was hooked!
CityDallas
StateTexas
CountryU.S.A.
My Website URLhttp://tinyurl.com/2rr6nx
My PDF Gear ListSample Gearlist

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by John S.

Showing 2991 - 3000 of 3661 | Page: 1 ...291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 ...367

Forum » Thread

Re: Any suggestions?
Suggestion on compression? That bag should come with a stuff sack and oversized sack for at home storage. I would not use a compression stuff sack with it, though I also don't know the packed s...

In GEAR » Golite feather
October 27, 8:57pm

Re: Golite feather
doubtful.

In GEAR » Golite feather
October 27, 8:35pm

Re: BPL Bivy?
Why not? It's double the price of what you can sometimes get the Equinox for.

In GEAR » Equinox ultralight mummy bivy
October 27, 7:40am

Re: Equinox ultralight mummy bivy
I use this bivy and like it alot. The only condensation I get is at the footbox maybe because the silnylon comes up a little too far to let that moisture evaporate. I've never had condensation ...

In GEAR » Equinox ultralight mummy bivy
October 27, 6:34am

Re: Important Lesson's You've Learned the Hard Way
On one of my early backpacking trips I took a 45 degree WM Linelite into upper 20's weather. I was one cold dude.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Important Lesson's You've Learned the Hard Way
October 25, 7:48am

Re: cuben sold off?
New fabrics will come along that are better.

In Make Your Own Gear » Cuben Fiber Corp Acquired by North Sails
October 24, 10:57am

Re: No Updates Today?
updates on what?

In Website & Forum Admin/Support » No Updates Today?
October 24, 10:55am

Re: Re: eVent poncho
Actually, it came out during their hike two years ago when their transcriber papa john mentioned it elsewhere. March 18, 2005 http://www.trailjournals.com/entry.cfm?autonumber=91492&keyword...

In GEAR » If Only Someone Made A.....
October 22, 3:21pm

Re: Tent Users vs. Tarp Users...
I did the poncho tarp thang a few times...and decided a golite hut 1 was much easier to set up, in about 2 minutes if you get the stakes in a good position the first time. A flat tarp has it's ...

In GEAR » Tent Users vs. Tarp Users...
October 22, 3:11pm

Re: RE: Weight versus Warmth
That's one of them lines that could ruin a sale..lmao. "Anyway, it's definitely what you wanted last weekend. I'll try to avoid eating beans before handing the quilt off to you....

In Philosophy & Technique » Weight versus Warmth
October 22, 3:05pm

All Reader Reviews by John S.

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

GoLite Dawn
I have had this pack for several years and have taken it on multiple backpacks ranging from 2 days to 6 days. My pack weights have been over 15 pounds a few times with no problems. The materials and w...

In Backpacks - Frameless
May 09, 12:05pm