Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

John S. (jshann) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale John S. hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Originally from Louisiana, I enjoyed camping in my Boy Scouting days and eventually became an Eagle Scout. Many years later (2002), I discovered backpacking after going on an REI multisport trip to Alaska. My first backpack was to Grand Canyon, and I was hooked!
CityDallas
StateTexas
CountryU.S.A.
My Website URLhttp://tinyurl.com/2rr6nx
My PDF Gear ListSample Gearlist

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by John S.

Showing 2981 - 2990 of 3724 | Page: 1 ...290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 ...373

Forum » Thread

Re: Friction, fungus, etc
Whoa..that between-the-cheeks friction would take a whole nother approach maybe. Your family physician may have some recommendations. Off the top of my head, if I had that issue, I'd try using ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Overcoming Chafe for LONG hikes????
December 10, 6:37pm

Re: Re: Re: Muscular Thighs
Roger, there are at least three different things being discussed here that affect the groin, anus and/or upper thigh. 1. Irritant contact dermatitis (Diaper rash)- what Roger is talking about. C...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Overcoming Chafe for LONG hikes????
December 10, 3:30pm

Re: Muscular Thighs
If I were having chaffing problems, I would get a lycra short that went down past the chaffing area. If it's due to being overweight, losing weight might help. As for the the groin fungal in...

December 10, 1:59pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Aconcagua gear
primopdf takes two seconds to make any file into a pdf file. It's a free pc application.

In Gear Lists » Aconcagua Gear List?
December 10, 8:43am

Re: Re: Love to find out more.
Steve said, "They also edit members' posts for content (and not egregious stuff - sometimes just to remove things they don't think are relevant to a thread), or to add links to them.&...

In GEAR » Hilleberg Soulo
December 09, 8:09pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: No reason to die in a bivy
All or nearly all bivy sack makers will have a warning not to fully enclose yourself in, but leave a gap of about 6 inches to prevent suffocation. You also run the risk of major condensation when b...

In GEAR » How to Sleep in a Bivy w/o Dying?
December 08, 10:45pm

Re: Re: No reason to die in a bivy
You should never fully enclose yourself in ANY bivy. No joke.

In GEAR » How to Sleep in a Bivy w/o Dying?
December 08, 10:16pm

Re: Insulation for tall folks
Aren't parkas usually longer than regular jackets? If so, look at the montbell parka?

In GEAR » Lightweight high insulating layer needed for the tall
December 08, 5:46am

Re: $10 a day/$300 month thru hike
http://thru-hiker.com/articles.asp?subcat=12&cid=35

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » $10 a day/$300 month thru hike
December 07, 8:46pm

Re: Re: Re: well
The ID event overbag is event bottom and top, best used on snow.

In Make Your Own Gear » Questions about a MYO bivy
December 07, 3:53pm

All Reader Reviews by John S.

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

GoLite Dawn
I have had this pack for several years and have taken it on multiple backpacks ranging from 2 days to 6 days. My pack weights have been over 15 pounds a few times with no problems. The materials and w...

In Backpacks - Frameless
May 09, 12:05pm