Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

John S. (jshann) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale John S. hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Originally from Louisiana, I enjoyed camping in my Boy Scouting days and eventually became an Eagle Scout. Many years later (2002), I discovered backpacking after going on an REI multisport trip to Alaska. My first backpack was to Grand Canyon, and I was hooked!
My Website URL
My PDF Gear ListSample Gearlist

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by John S.

Showing 2981 - 2990 of 3970 | Page: 1 ...290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 ...397

Forum » Thread

Re: Natl. Geographic TOPO! software
I heard a new version just came out? Is that true? Maybe that is why it is now on sale.

In GEAR » Natl. Geographic TOPO! software
May 03, 11:29am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Benefits of lighter trekking poles?
Eric, you are basically hijacking OP's thread with your anti-trekking pole talk. Your point has been made. I disagree that using poles decreases a persons balance or proprioception. It would...

In GEAR » Benefits of lighter trekking poles?
May 02, 6:56am

Re: One Pole for Shedding Wind and Snow
There are several two pole shaped tarps used four season 1. MSR twin peaks 2. MSR twin sisters 3. BD betamid 4. BD beta light 5. Golite shangrila 2, 6, 8 6. MLD superfly (could be)

In GEAR » Are two-pole tarp shelter better then pyramid/half pyramid??
May 01, 7:16am

Re: Re: Benefits of lighter trekking poles?
Eric, what shelter do you sleep in?

May 01, 7:08am

Re: Benefits of lighter trekking poles?
It may make a difference if you are doing 20-30 mile days. Doug seems to think so.

April 30, 10:58am

Re: Raingear as VBL
Al: VBL's purpose is not to trap moisture or heat otherwise lost from insensible perspiration. John: A vbl's purpose (while sleeping) is to prevent moisture from entering and affecting i...

In Winter Hiking » Raingear as Vapor Barrier
April 29, 9:47pm

Re: Sleeping base layer
And then there are some who do sleep in their trail clothes like me (exofficio pant/exofficio long sleeve button down) and simply pull on a windpant and windshirt over the trail clothes to keep the...

In GEAR » Sleeping base layer
April 29, 12:43pm

Re: Re: Sub
Dondo, Henry stole your idea from your ID jk Henry... Though I wish Shires would make one with the poles in the middle (similar to Montbell Monoframe Diamond pole placement) ...

In GEAR » Henrys new Tarptent
April 28, 8:43pm

Re: Best ounce you ever carried?
Christopher, the Sangean DT300VW Pocket Radio should be half that weight. It looks to be discontinued, but someone may have one they want to get rid of. Some, in the past, thought the weather radio...

In Philosophy & Technique » Best ounce you ever carried?
April 28, 3:25pm

Re: Lightest tarp ?
The trade off will be a must have waterproof bivy. And a partial tarp is not the same as a full coverage flat tarp if implying "the lightest tarp"...not really. Did you see the message at...

In GEAR » Lightest tarp ?
April 28, 12:51pm

All Reader Reviews by John S.

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

GoLite Dawn
I have had this pack for several years and have taken it on multiple backpacks ranging from 2 days to 6 days. My pack weights have been over 15 pounds a few times with no problems. The materials and w...

In Backpacks - Frameless
May 09, 12:05pm