BPL Community Profile

John S. (jshann) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale John S. hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Originally from Louisiana, I enjoyed camping in my Boy Scouting days and eventually became an Eagle Scout. Many years later (2002), I discovered backpacking after going on an REI multisport trip to Alaska. My first backpack was to Grand Canyon, and I was hooked!
CityDallas
StateTexas
CountryU.S.A.
My Website URLhttp://tinyurl.com/2rr6nx
My PDF Gear ListSample Gearlist

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by John S.

Showing 2981 - 2990 of 3690 | Page: 1 ...290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 ...369

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: MLD
One could argue that as the reason. Others could argue that it's competing with golites upcoming new shelters that look similar. Still others would say those shapes have been around for some ti...

In GEAR » MLD mids up on the web
November 12, 7:16am

Re: How do You Train?
I do nothing more than my usual routine of light weight training and bike riding. Maybe that's why I'm always sporting a "backpacker shuffle" after a 12 mile day...

In Philosophy & Technique » How do You Train?
November 09, 7:00am

Re: Standard Definition of a "Person"
I'd share a 1.5 with hilary swank any day of the week...and weekends too (opening myself up to more hazing me thinks)

In GEAR » New Six Moon Designs "Refuge"
November 08, 7:39pm

Re: Shameless Anonymous Site
My burning ears led me straight here...I might even be that anonymous poster who is trying to sell you some shoes on this forum...hmmm Ben hazes, "Or did John Shannon shamelessly plug hi...

In On the Web » Shameless!
November 08, 7:37pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: trail bars
:D...ya know, the regular size baby ruth bar isn't easy to find even here. Most stores have the smaller "bite size". Krogers is the only place right now where I have seen individual f...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » trail bars
November 08, 7:30pm

Re: Tent Folding - Storage at Home
The golite hut 1 will hardly fit in its "stuff" sack if you stuff it, but it will fit much easier if you fold it...

In GEAR » Tent Folding
November 08, 7:25pm

Re: Re: trail bars
Baby Ruths rule as well...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » trail bars
November 08, 11:29am

Re: Warm, Southwest hiking suggestions for a Georgian.
Shotgunning nearly every forum on a site isn't needed...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Warm, Southwest hiking suggestions for a Georgian.
November 07, 8:34pm

Re: Completely, Utterly Off-Topic...
Southern states...Big Bend National Park in the desert, southern california, south florida?

In Philosophy & Technique » Am I being foolhardy?
November 07, 8:31pm

Re: Only one Ether available, Burnt Orange size Large
I'd like the orange size large...

In Gear Deals » GoLite Jackets 33% of MSRP
November 07, 12:45pm

All Reader Reviews by John S.

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

GoLite Dawn
I have had this pack for several years and have taken it on multiple backpacks ranging from 2 days to 6 days. My pack weights have been over 15 pounds a few times with no problems. The materials and w...

In Backpacks - Frameless
May 09, 12:05pm