Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

John S. (jshann) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale John S. hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Originally from Louisiana, I enjoyed camping in my Boy Scouting days and eventually became an Eagle Scout. Many years later (2002), I discovered backpacking after going on an REI multisport trip to Alaska. My first backpack was to Grand Canyon, and I was hooked!
CityDallas
StateTexas
CountryU.S.A.
My Website URLhttp://tinyurl.com/oh9pwel
My PDF Gear ListSample Gearlist

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by John S.

Showing 2981 - 2990 of 3956 | Page: 1 ...290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 ...396

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Avon silicone glove
Stuart, the dimethicone percentage is not shown online. Online I read that the most dimethicone in a formulation is about 15%. Does one really need upwards of 30% to work? Is that 30% even true or ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Andrew Skurka spoke in Mpls today on Avoiding Blisters -- Interesting Advice
April 27, 8:31am

Avon silicone glove
Anybody used Avon Basics Silicone Glove cream as a much cheaper hydropel replacement? John Vonhof "You might try a fairly cheap fix. AVON sells a big tube of AVON Basics Silicone Glove Han...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Andrew Skurka spoke in Mpls today on Avoiding Blisters -- Interesting Advice
April 27, 5:29am

Re: Please advise on suggested improvements
IMO, you don't need insulated pants when you are sleeping in a fully downed sleeping bag like the hydrogen on top of a full length pad. I do take wind pants to pull over my hiking pants to keep...

In Gear Lists » Please advise on suggested improvements
April 25, 3:02pm

Re: Re: Car Reflector Sleep Pad
I read lots of reports of people using them. Some can tolerate that, but closed cell foam is better in about every way to me.

In Gear Lists » Gear List for family backpack: Mom, Boy (9), and Girl (5)
April 25, 6:58am

Re: Alaska Gearlist
It won't let me open to looksee the gearlist. Are you sure public viewing is possible?

In Gear Lists » Alaska Gearlist
April 24, 3:18pm

Re: Shoes are wrecking our feet
I guess Cody Lunden (?sp) the survival guy does go barefoot most of the time.

In Philosophy & Technique » Shoes are wrecking our feet?
April 24, 7:24am

Re: Frontier Water Filter
Maybe peace of mind if the water in your hiking area is of concern. Otherwise, I'd skip it. You still need to inquire about the water in the area of your hike.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Water Treatment (Tablets vs. Liquid)
April 23, 8:17pm

Re: Shoes are wrecking our feet?
Maybe going barefoot was good in the days before the invention of concrete, glass and nails..not anymore : )

In Philosophy & Technique » Shoes are wrecking our feet?
April 23, 8:15pm

Re: Similar to Equinox Mantis bug bivy
It's also about like the DLG bug net at 3.0 ounces, no longer made.

In Make Your Own Gear » Not a bug bivy, but almost
April 23, 6:46pm

Re: Re: Re: Finally, ideal backpacking camera announced
And twice as heavy as my optio WPI

In Photography » Best Camera for Hiking?
April 23, 6:43pm

All Reader Reviews by John S.

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

GoLite Dawn
I have had this pack for several years and have taken it on multiple backpacks ranging from 2 days to 6 days. My pack weights have been over 15 pounds a few times with no problems. The materials and w...

In Backpacks - Frameless
May 09, 12:05pm