Dan Durston (dandydan) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Cascadia
About Me -
CityThunder Bay
StateON
CountryCanada
My Website URLhttp://www.motorscooterguide.net
My PDF Gear ListBMWO 2013

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dan Durston

Showing 2911 - 2920 of 3884 | Page: 1 ...283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 ...389

Forum » Thread

Reed
If you can find some, the last model of the GoLite Reed pants (roughly 2007-2009) has ankle zips like you are looking for and they are as light as you can get. I think about 4-5oz for a pair.

In GEAR » Light Rain Pants
February 27, 4:25am

Weight
The specs on these pants are reasonable.....3oz of down in 10.9oz pants is 27.5% of the garments weight. For comparison the Montbell UL Down Inner Pants are 2oz of down in 6.8oz pants. So the down ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Capability Down pants!
February 25, 3:56pm

Weight
Yeah it's been discussed a lot. There are varying opinions but generally it's: <5 lbs - SUL <10 lbs - UL <20 lbs - Lightweight >20 lbs - Traditional

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » So, What's an UL Weight? SUL?
February 25, 3:50pm

Peak
You're right that your pack is good area to save a lot of weight. I would choose some other packs over the Peak though. For example the SMD Swift is much lighter (18oz) and it's $135. ht...

In Gear Lists » Req'd To Spend $125 - Help Me Lighten Up
February 22, 5:46pm

Paddle
Ha...yeah the NeoAir would be a great pool mattress. I can set my pack on that and bring two inflatable kookabay pillows as waterwings ^_^. If I'm not confident in the swim and/or in keeping my...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Vancouver 2010
February 22, 12:48pm

Re: Vancouver
"I'll be on the West Coast of Vancouver Island in Mid-May for the WCT (Again). Can't wait." I'm thinking about hiking the WCT this fall in October after it's closed. Hi...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Vancouver 2010
February 22, 12:45am

DD
Yeah they might be like capri's....my DriDucks fit super baggy (ie. I could wear my pack under the jacket) but the actual length of the arms and legs wasn't radically huge.

In GEAR » Driducks - Sizing Madness
February 22, 12:17am

2010 GL
Great list....that's quite an impressive MLD binge. Hopefully you're happy with the bivy/tarp setup if you've never used something like this before. Dito with the vapor barrier quilt. ...

In GEAR » Analyze my 2010 Gear List
February 19, 6:10pm

Case
Have you come up with a good idea for a case for this saw?

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG ULT SAW
February 19, 5:45pm

U20
FWIW, my Ultra 20 weighs 19.21oz and the person I bought it from added a bit of down to one of the baffles which was underfilled. I think most Ultra 20's are right about 19oz without the straps.

In Philosophy & Technique » I cant stay warm in my Golite Ultra 20
February 19, 4:11pm

All Reader Reviews by Dan Durston

Showing 1 - 10 of 25 | Page: 1 2 3

Review

Category

Mountain Laurel Designs Cuben DuoMid
The DuoMid is the best shelter for solo hikers. Don't be misled by the "Duo" in its name - you could cram two hikers in here but it's poorly suited for that (ie. no vestibule space, ...

In Shelters - Tarps & Floorless
September 22, 1:56pm

Evernew 300ml Dbl Wall Mug (ECA354)
I like the idea of a robust, double wall titanium mug that may be a bit heavier...

In Cookware - Titanium
September 22, 11:01am

Montane Minimus DT Pant
These pants are a very niche product. They're light (4.25oz Med) but the Pertex Shield+ m...

In Clothing - Raingear
September 22, 10:31am

Spark-Lite Fire Starter (Survival Gear - BPL Gear Shop)
I have this kit and the FireLite Mini kit. This sparker is a bit lighter than the FireLite Mini but I don't trust this sparker 100% like I do the FireLite. This sparker doesn't work well wh...

In First Aid and Survival Gear & Accessories
October 28, 11:21pm

BPL FireLite Firestarter
I love this FireLite Mini. It's the only thing that I 100% trust to start a fire. With a mini Bic you can run out of gas, be at too high of an altitude, get it wet or get it oily. Matches can ...

In First Aid and Survival Gear & Accessories
October 28, 11:19pm

Hyperlight Mtn Gear Echo I
I wasn't sure where to put this review as the Echo I can be used as either a tarp or a double wall tent. OVERVIEW I've given the Echo I five stars because it's quality construct...

In Shelters - Tarps & Floorless
October 16, 4:15pm

Golite 2006 Reed Pants
I've got the original Reed pants (4oz in a size medium) and they are prefect rain pants for UL hiking. They've been adequately durable, totally waterproof and light. I don't want ankle zip...

In Clothing - Raingear
October 15, 10:27pm

Marmot Essence
I'll be the first one to give this jacket 5 stars. Marmot has made a number of changes to this jacket over the years so criticisms of the earlier models are no longer relevant. My Essence is t...

In Clothing - Raingear
October 15, 10:22pm

Baladeo 22 Grams Knife
This knife is a brilliant design. Every part of it is functional and the result is a lot of knife for just 22g (or 24.3g as mine as actually weighs). When I opened the (very nice) box and first played...

In Miscellaneous Products
October 03, 6:10pm

Nite ize S-Biner
After using another small biner that failed due to a poor design, I switched the Nite Ize Size 1 biner for bear bagging this summer. I use one of these to clip to my 1.4mm spectra cord to my food sack...

In Miscellaneous Products
October 03, 5:56pm