BPL Community Profile

Michael Ray (topshot) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Midwest
About Me Middle-aged father who got into backpacking late (2009) and wants to encourage his 16 and 7 year old sons to backpack lightweight. Video trip reports of all the adventures so far are on my YT site below.
StateIndiana
My Website URLhttp://www.youtube.com/user/topshotrhit
My PDF Gear ListMaroon Bells - August 2011

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Michael Ray

Showing 291 - 300 of 1035 | Page: 1 ...21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ...104

Forum » Thread

Re: Recommend a good Rockies trip for a Chicagoan??
Even though it's a longer drive than CO, I'd go to the Wind River Range given the choice.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Recommend a good Rockies trip for a Chicagoan??
April 20, 7:12pm

Re: coupon
Write a review for one of their products. See the Crazy Golite Sale thread. You may find someone nice enough to provide one.

In GEAR » Anything better than a 70L Jam (older Pinnacle) for my needs?
April 20, 1:32pm

Re: Re: Re: Lightweight wire stakes
Donald, The material I made mine from was clearly different than George's based on the weight, but mine are close to 1/16" and 8" long from some unknown wire that came with our house...

In Philmont » Homemade tents
April 20, 8:23am

Re: Anything better than a 70L Jam (older Pinnacle) for my needs?
With the sale Golite just started & a review coupon, I couldn't pass it up so I picked up a 50L for my wife (she's a wee bit too big for the S I already had) and 70L for me. These were ...

In GEAR » Anything better than a 70L Jam (older Pinnacle) for my needs?
April 19, 5:57pm

Re: Re: 2012
> I was surprised to see their 2012 prices, usually inflation sends $ upwards. Their sales and clearances the past several months have certainly been unusual. Just picked up 2 Jams for the sa...

In Gear Deals » Crazy Golite Sale
April 19, 5:45pm

Re: condensation
> you could fold the PET around a round washer, allowing the straight, folded edge of the PET to act as a load spreader for the washer. That would help. > Since we've put a piece of...

In Make Your Own Gear » Polycro Tarp Tested!
April 19, 5:29pm

Re: Tieout tape failure tests
I have a little data to share now on the tieout failure tests since I was able to borrow a cheap fish scale. The worst case started deforming around 10 pounds and busted in the 15 range. The bes...

In Make Your Own Gear » Polycro Tarp Tested!
April 18, 4:02pm

Re: Re: Uncoated pack fabric
Daryl, Who's your normal supplier of said uncoated 1.9?

In Make Your Own Gear » Uncoated pack fabric
April 18, 2:45pm

Re: Foster's
LOL. See this to get to 2 good video links.

In GEAR » Beer Can Pot Durability, Efficiency, & Protection It
April 18, 2:41pm

Re: Re: Re: Amazon Vs Walmart
I'm pretty sure they are still cheaper at Walmart. It seemed they were still $14.88 for one flick-lock and $18.88 for a pair of the TWIST-lock version.

In Make Your Own Gear » FLIPLOCK, 3sect, Al walmart pole -- modified to 6.9oz
April 18, 1:21pm

All Reader Reviews by Michael Ray

Michael Ray has posted no reviews.