BPL Community Profile

Michael Ray (topshot) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Midwest
About Me Middle-aged father who got into backpacking late (2009) and wants to encourage his 16 and 7 year old sons to backpack lightweight. Video trip reports of all the adventures so far are on my YT site below.
StateIndiana
My Website URLhttp://www.youtube.com/user/topshotrhit
My PDF Gear ListMaroon Bells - August 2011

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Michael Ray

Showing 291 - 300 of 1031 | Page: 1 ...21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ...104

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: 2012
> I was surprised to see their 2012 prices, usually inflation sends $ upwards. Their sales and clearances the past several months have certainly been unusual. Just picked up 2 Jams for the sa...

In Gear Deals » Crazy Golite Sale
April 19, 5:45pm

Re: condensation
> you could fold the PET around a round washer, allowing the straight, folded edge of the PET to act as a load spreader for the washer. That would help. > Since we've put a piece of...

In Make Your Own Gear » Polycro Tarp Tested!
April 19, 5:29pm

Re: Tieout tape failure tests
I have a little data to share now on the tieout failure tests since I was able to borrow a cheap fish scale. The worst case started deforming around 10 pounds and busted in the 15 range. The bes...

April 18, 4:02pm

Re: Re: Uncoated pack fabric
Daryl, Who's your normal supplier of said uncoated 1.9?

In Make Your Own Gear » Uncoated pack fabric
April 18, 2:45pm

Re: Foster's
LOL. See this to get to 2 good video links.

In GEAR » Beer Can Pot Durability, Efficiency, & Protection It
April 18, 2:41pm

Re: Re: Re: Amazon Vs Walmart
I'm pretty sure they are still cheaper at Walmart. It seemed they were still $14.88 for one flick-lock and $18.88 for a pair of the TWIST-lock version.

In Make Your Own Gear » FLIPLOCK, 3sect, Al walmart pole -- modified to 6.9oz
April 18, 1:21pm

Re: Amazon Vs Walmart
They are the same. I have both the orange and green ones from Walmart. Maybe "Outdoor Recreation Group" is the parent company that makes Outdoor Products? They are cheaper at Walmart. I t...

April 18, 12:26pm

Re: Re: Re: tarp testing
You are correct that that would help. Perhaps buying some larger OD washers and grinding off one side would be a simple solution. I don't think a milk jug even doubled over would be stout enoug...

April 18, 11:56am

Re: Beer can pot
Hey, Duane! No pot protection for me. I just make sure it's above the food bag. You might try adding ridges to your Foster's pot to give it more strength against squeezing. There have be...

In GEAR » Beer Can Pot Durability, Efficiency, & Protection It
April 18, 11:52am

Re: Re: FLIPLOCK, 3sect, Al walmart pole -- modified to 6.9oz
Utilize the top for what? There are lots of ways you could pad or cap it but what are you trying to accomplish by doing so? As for straps, I'm more along the lines of Skurka I guess, finding...

April 18, 11:45am

All Reader Reviews by Michael Ray

Michael Ray has posted no reviews.