BPL Community Profile

Mike W (skopeo) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale British Columbia
About Me I enjoy fly fishing, backpacking and hiking... and although my pace has slowed down a little over the years, I find that I'm not in such a hurry anymore anyway.
CountryCanada

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Mike W

Showing 291 - 300 of 1094 | Page: 1 ...21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ...110

Forum » Thread

My Spot Connect really let me down!
When I purchased my Spot Connect, I was aware of some of the service issues with Spot and figured I could live with "spotty service" however, my Spot Connect let me down big time! The ...

In GEAR » My Spot Connect really let me down!
September 04, 12:06am

Still contributing ...
>> So you're riding free and bragging. Interesting.<< I don't see this as "riding free". After 5 years as a paying member, I have decided that Rj, as a busines...

In Chaff » The I used to be a member but now I'm not celebration thread.
August 11, 2:36pm

Check this out...
Yup, kids are getting faster. This video shows you how much faster. One Race, Every Medalist Ever.

In Chaff » Kids These Days!
August 07, 11:10am

How you carry your bear spray
I have to admit, I have never thought the idea of giving my pack to a bear was a great idea... letting him run off with my vital gear is just going to leave me another problem. I'm just c...

In Philosophy & Technique » How you carry your bear spray
July 23, 5:09pm

How you carry your bear spray
I carry my bear spray on my hip in a holster. The holster is not on my pack waist belt, it's attached to the belt on my pants. There are two schools of thought regarding bear attacks. ...

In Philosophy & Technique » How you carry your bear spray
July 23, 12:24am

Not so -- *Lightweight* Saltwater Kit
I do a lot of fly fishing from the beaches and don't skimp on gear. If I'm fishing salmon, I will leave the pack rod at home and take one of my Sage 2-piece rods (6 to 9 weight depending o...

In Fishing » *Lightweight* Saltwater Kit
July 11, 1:46am

Garmin Fenix watch
The battery life is not bad but unfortunately, being a recharable battery makes it less than ideal for extended trips. That said, I will be looking at getting one once they are available... just ...

In GEAR » Garmin Fenix watch
July 10, 10:10am

Ryan Jordan pops in
>> Wouldn't blame Ryan if he just said "to heck with it" and walked away for the summer << That suggests Ryan is back... but then I'm not an M-Lifer, so I wouldn...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Ryan Jordan pops in
July 04, 2:59pm

tarp shelters on the beach?
I've not actually gone out of my way to look for them but I know Walbran has some treed sites and if you wander up the creek a bit at Camper there are some sites that are tucked back against th...

In Philosophy & Technique » tarp shelters on the beach?
July 04, 10:23am

tarp shelters on the beach?
>> You can't on the WCT. << ????

In Philosophy & Technique » tarp shelters on the beach?
July 04, 9:07am

All Reader Reviews by Mike W

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Mountain Laurel Designs Burn (2010)
I've had my MLD Burn for a while now and find it very easy to give this pack top marks in all categories. I was looking for a good weekend pack (2-3 day duration) and was having a tough time findi...

In Backpacks - Frameless
June 19, 6:04pm