BPL Community Profile

Mike W (skopeo) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale British Columbia
About Me I enjoy fly fishing, backpacking and hiking... and although my pace has slowed down a little over the years, I find that I'm not in such a hurry anymore anyway.
CountryCanada

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Mike W

Showing 291 - 300 of 1060 | Page: 1 ...21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ...106

Forum » Thread

Taking the Plunge and Looking for a Single pair Trail/Camp/Water Shoes
I like my walking shoes to be completely geared to walking with no compromise. It's hard enough to find the perfect shoe without having to figure out if it can serve as a wading shoe as well. ...

In GEAR » Taking the Plunge and Looking for a Single pair Trail/Camp/Water Shoes
May 18, 10:54am

test

In User Test Forum » test
May 18, 10:44am

GPS Features...
Well I certainly agree with you on that point Bob. I'll sound a bit like Roger on this one because I have to say that many of the features are driven by marketing spin with a focus on creati...

In GEAR » Most simple, cheapest GPS receiver recommendation pls
May 18, 1:24am

GPS Compass...
>> "But if I have been moving and have stopped (which is what I think we are really discussing)..." I don't believe that this distinction was ever made. << By the ...

May 17, 5:27pm

GPS Compass...
>> I've been reading Garmin screens for 15 years. << So have I, so what? So for Roger and Bob, I will agree that if I do a cold start with my GPS and I haven't moved, then...

May 17, 9:06am

GPS compass
>> If the GPS has no digital compass, you have to be moving ~ 1mph? to get a heading. With a digital compass you can stand still and get the heading. << I hear this alot and it's...

May 17, 12:35am

UL Tent Vs. Traditional
>> is it fair to say that a single wall tent is less warm inside than a double wall? << I think that depends largely on the tent design of both the single wall and double wall tents ...

In GEAR » UL Tent Vs. Traditional
May 10, 12:47am

MLD Exodus for shorter trips
I find the Exodus to be too large for short trips. It can be reduced in size by cinching up the bungee cords and using the volume reducing loops on the bottom but I didn't like the way it carr...

In GEAR » MLD Exodus for shorter trips
May 07, 8:34am

MYOG Inflatable PFD - Progress Journal
Dan - I'd be interested in seeing photos of the vest in action if/when you get up the nerve to pool test it. I have a variety of floatation devices that I've acquired over the years a...

In Packrafting » MYOG Inflatable PFD - Progress Journal
May 06, 3:58pm

What you would do? - Sweeper Q / Initial Trip Report
Dan - Thanks for posting this, your story totally freaked me. The odds of slipping through a strainer and coming out relatively unscathed are not great, I'm glad you were one of the lucky ones...

In Packrafting » What you would do? - Sweeper Q / Initial Trip Report
May 04, 1:18am

All Reader Reviews by Mike W

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Mountain Laurel Designs Burn (2010)
I've had my MLD Burn for a while now and find it very easy to give this pack top marks in all categories. I was looking for a good weekend pack (2-3 day duration) and was having a tough time findi...

In Backpacks - Frameless
June 19, 6:04pm