Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Ryan Faulkner (ryanf) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Mid atlantic, No. Cal
About Me My name is Ryan Faulkner, i am 17 years old, and have been UL backpacking for about 7 years. I have been inspired by hikers like Andrew Skurka, and Ryan Jordan, and have dedicated my trips to going light and fast.
I plan on hiking the PCT and AT before finishing college, and after I hope to get some sort of a career in the backpacking industry.(I havent quite figured out how exactly, but i will :)
I have some big plans for the future, but ill keep those quiet for now ;-P
StateVirginia
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.ryanfaulknerphotography.com
My PDF Gear ListWinds-Yellowstone Trek 2008

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ryan Faulkner

Showing 291 - 300 of 916 | Page: 1 ...21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ...92

Forum » Thread

Re: UL long distance list
thanks Bill, carbon and spectra fibers, wow, this sounds like some tough stuff. I think this could be the answer, But I still need a sewing machine. Bill, could I get some cuben with a width ...

In Gear Lists » UL long distance list
February 23, 5:39pm

Re: Re: Re: original ultralighter
who wants to carry the weight of a carabiner :-)

In GEAR » Original Ultralighter
February 23, 4:53pm

Re: Re: UL long distance list
question. Do you think that I could get away with a montbell thermawrap vest instead of the jacket? I think the general time I will do this hike will be in the late spring/ early summer, I be...

February 23, 4:29pm

Bill, How strong is the lightest cuben fiber? The whole reason I switched to dyneema was for durability, but if cuben is strong it could be the answer. I just always thought it was down th...

February 23, 12:58pm

Re: no-cook oats
I just made up an interesting breakfast mixture. in a plastic bag I put in a half cup of irish oatmeal, or whole oats, and a half cup of raisins and a quarter cup mashed almonds, including calor...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Diet for High Mileage Long Hikes
February 22, 5:45pm

Re: Re: Re: UL long distance list - Can the pack cover.
Thanks Ron, You may have saved me from some misirable nights at camp with wet gear and clothing, I think I will replace some of my stuff sacks with sea to summit sil dry sacks. at least for my slee...

February 22, 5:39pm

Re: UL long distance list - Can the pack cover.
thanks Ron, I know those pack covers are not that reliable, But for a thru hike I decided I would rather have seperate rain gear than carry my poncho tarp the dyneema in my jam pack is waterp...

February 22, 4:40pm

Re: Re: Re: UL long distance list
true, any suggestions, to keep water out. I could twist the top and secure with a ruberband or something

February 22, 2:49pm

thanks Bill, I dident even think about stuff sacks, if there is not enough room in the pack cover I have a bunch of stuff sacks to string up. as well.

February 22, 1:23pm

I dident get a reply so I will ask again. Do you think an ID sil pack cover could work as a bear bag for up to 4-5 days of food?

February 22, 12:58pm

All Reader Reviews by Ryan Faulkner

Showing 1 - 4 of 4 | Page: 1

Review

Category

BackpackingLight.com Premium Membership
I am so glad I found this website, before this site I was carrying a 30-40lb pack, after reading the articles I got my list under 10, and after joining the forums, well carrying less than 4 pounds is ...

In Books and Media
December 31, 10:20pm

Snow Peak Gigapower Ti
Good thought. I bring this stove whenever I need to simmer, one disadvantage of alcohol stoves. I like it much, much, much better than the MSR pocket rocket, the 4 titanium stands are much more ...

In Stoves - Canister
December 30, 1:25pm

ThermoJet MicroLite
I did not buy this stove, in fact, I have never bought a alcohol stove, but have many of the MBD stoves and tonight added this wonder to my collection. I actually

In Stoves - Alcohol
December 09, 9:56pm

Minibull Designs Pocket Puck
I did not purchase a pocket puck from mini bull design, but from looking at pictures and from expeience from making other stoves I made my own flattened side burner stove. I like the overall design, w...

In Stoves - Alcohol
October 06, 1:16pm