Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Richard Gless (rgless) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale San Francisco Bay Area
About Me Richard Gless has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Richard Gless

Showing 291 - 300 of 331 | Page: 1 ...15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34

Forum » Thread

Please suggest a scale
I use a Cuisinart SA-100MWH Precision Gourmet Scale I got on sale. They are $60-70 new. it measures to 5g or about 1/4 ounce.

In GEAR » Please suggest a scale
July 11, 3:55pm

Choosing Gear is Excessively Complex - Not Really
Mark, Well stated. Your web site was one of the things that got me started on the journey to UL several years ago. It still never ceases to amaze me how something is perfect for one person and...

In GEAR » Choosing Gear is Excessively Complex
July 10, 5:25pm

Re: Pending Sale
Chris, Sorry for the hassle. Pls PM me again. I'm having email problems. Thanks, Richard

In Gear Swap » FS: SMD Starlite
July 10, 12:36pm

Re: SMD Starlite - Still for sale
I'd like to buy it. Please respond to my PM and we can make arrangements.

July 09, 11:14pm

FS: SMD Starlite
I might be interested if the deal with James falls thru. I sent you a PM.

July 08, 5:21pm

Peak 1 cobra tent
Bradley, Check will go out in Thursday 3 July mail. Richard

In Gear Swap » golite breeze, peak 1 cobra tent for sale
July 02, 11:05pm

Peak 1 Cobra tent for sale
Bradley, Thanks for getting back to me. I'll put a check in the mail tonight to the address you've given above. Richard

July 02, 5:01pm

...less than an ounce coffee mug
For quick overnights I've started using the cheap disposable foam cups you see around the office coffee maker. They are a bit on the fragile side, but if you pack them carefully in your cookpo...

In Make Your Own Gear » Very fun project .... less than an ounce coffee mug.
June 30, 4:21pm

Re: Re: peak 1 cobra tent still available
Bump. Haven't heard from you. I'm still interested.

June 28, 12:00pm

"The Right Stuff"
Jay, I was up on Sonora Pass last weekend and got 2-3 hour of heavy rain in the afternoon as well. I had my misgivings about the hole in the Gatewood Cape, but I cinched it up tight and had no ...

In GEAR » The Right Stuff
June 28, 1:02am

All Reader Reviews by Richard Gless

Showing 1 - 10 of 14 | Page: 1 2

Review

Category

ZPacks Hexamid solo tarp and HexaNet
Seeing the stars at night is one of my favorite parts of backpacking so I wanted a two wall tent, bug net inner and rain fly outer. My first solo UL tent attempt was a Eureka Solitaire ā€“ too hard...

In Shelters - Tarps & Floorless
March 17, 11:37pm

ZPacks Hexamid Solo Tarp and HexaNet
Seeing the stars at night is one of my favorite parts of backpacking so I wanted a two wall tent, bug net inner and rain fly outer. My first solo UL tent attempt was a Eureka Solitaire ā€“ too hard...

In Shelters - Tarps & Floorless
March 17, 11:22pm

Snow Peak LiteMax
Snow Peak LiteMax Stove I bought a Snow Peak LiteMax this spring (2009) to replace my MSR Pocket Rocket and have been really happy with it, having used it for about 20 days now. Pros: 1. W...

In Stoves - Canister
December 06, 11:20pm

Black Diamond Orbit
I saw this advertised in Backpacker Magazine (yes, I still subscribe. Every once in a while I find something useful), and thought Iā€™d check it out. I picked it up at REI since I was going on a hike ...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
May 08, 12:03am

Therm-a-Rest Neoair
I recently bought size small ThermaRest NeoAir Pads for both my wife and I. We were particularly interested in reducing pack weight while retaining or improving comfort. My wife went from a ThermaRe...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
May 01, 9:55pm

Merrell Chameleon Wrap GoreTex XCR
About twelve years ago as part of my journey to lighten my backpacking load I went from my second pair of Galibier Mountaineering boots (really heavy) to a pair of relatively lightweight Merrell leath...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
June 24, 10:03pm

Backpacking Light Ti Esbit stove
I've used my BPL Esbit stove for 2-3 day solo trips for two years now. I think its a great compromise of lightweight and efficiency. You do have to recognize the stove's limitations and use ...

In Stoves - Other
February 20, 11:34pm

Jack's R Better Mt. Rogers Quilt
I purchased the Jack's R Better Mt. Rogers Quilt in large part based on the review by Shane above. I'd been looking at the possibility of using a quilt to cut weight for some time, and when J...

In Sleeping Bags - Quilts & Top Bags
July 17, 12:37am

Therm-A-Rest Pro Lite 3
It's interesting how some products work for some people and not for others. I've tried the TorsoLite and the POE UberLite. They are just too short for me (I'm 5' 11"). On duff ...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
March 01, 8:55pm

Zpacks Z1
I have to agree with all of Jonathan's comments. I bought this pack after seeing it mentioned on BPL and checking it out on the web. It only took about a week to arrive after I ordered it. ...

In Backpacks - Frameless
February 23, 10:26pm