BPL Community Profile

Mike M (mtwarden) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Montana
About Me Colin Chapman "Simplify and add lightness"
My PDF Gear List3 day "Shoulder Season" list- Rocky Mtns

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Mike M

Showing 291 - 300 of 3265 | Page: 1 ...21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ...327

Forum » Thread

airlines
Gents- I've been patiently waiting for airline ticket (both to LAX or Ontario) to come down; I'm sure they have very legitimate reasons why they are going up and not down-much like the legi...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Joshua Tree CRHT Run
January 28, 5:49pm

night time warmth
the new Cap 4 really shines for many of the reason stated already, but as an insulating garment for summer (save very warm environs) it won't cut it I'm starting to view my Cap 4 more as...

In GEAR » Active fleece hoody; R1, Piton or Cap4
January 27, 7:49pm

windpro
very happy w/ my windpro for shoulder season use (use a lighter canister stove or wood for "summer")- the new windpro allows easy inverting

In GEAR » Remote Canister stove Recommendations
January 27, 7:34pm

33F and raining
I have to agree that's got to be one of the scariest conditions to be out in

In Winter Hiking » What is your winter layering system?
January 27, 6:22pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Just wondering...
if you live w/ a lot of bugs and you don't have to worry about snow/frost, then there is a fair chance you do have to worry about heat/humidity? if so w/ a mid you'll want the option of th...

In GEAR » Pyramid tent with netting floor
January 26, 8:50am

capilene
ummm- Capilene 1- top and bottom at 9 oz

In GEAR » what are lightest synthetic base layers
January 26, 8:25am

Re: Re: Just wondering...
I think Greg did a pretty succinct job of detailing exactly why not :)

In GEAR » Pyramid tent with netting floor
January 26, 8:20am

Kompressor
I have two of the original Kompressors, I was more interested in a light day pack vs stuff sack w/ strings- it'll certainly work as a stuff sack, but definitely makes for a nice, light day pack

In GEAR » Stuffsack-with-straps as a daypack
January 25, 7:39pm

Re: Patagonia M 10
Samuel- agree fully w/ your Patagonia assessment- I have a circa 1985 Synchilla pullover still on the job that you'd be very hard pressed to tell is approaching 30 years, Capilene that is in th...

In GEAR » Patagonia M10 Jacket returning for Spring '13
January 25, 7:34pm

Re: Cost-Per-Use
my running training log keeps track of miles logged per pair of shoes, also lets you enter price paid and then will keep track of cost/mile, most almost to be retired (4th pair) Sabino Trails are a...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Cost-Per-Use
January 25, 8:33am

All Reader Reviews by Mike M

Showing 1 - 10 of 33 | Page: 1 2 3 4

Review

Category

Petzl e+LITE
I thought I had added my review earlier on this lamp, but hadn't :) I've been very impressed w/ this diminutive lamp- if you're looking for a lamp for hours of night travel- this isn'...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
October 25, 12:08pm

Black Diamond Carbon Cork
@ 16 oz (pair) these are certainly heavier than some of the UL offerings, but still relatively light the FlickLock is about as solid of a adjustment as I've seen for trekking poles- I'm sur...

In Trekking Poles
October 18, 4:19pm

ULA Ohm
not sure why it's listed with the frameless packs, while not a robust frame- the carbon fiber/derlin frame is certainly a frame and definitely helps w/ the load capacity of this pack anywho- th...

In Backpacks - Frameless
October 13, 5:17pm

Montrail Sabino Trail
My first pair are over a year old now w/ ~ 500 backpacking/trail running miles- there is some light fraying here and there, but overall are still in very good condition. I've never had a hot spot...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
September 10, 5:23pm

Dirty Girl Gaiters
I'd probably go 4.5 just because of the needed velcro, but I like these enough I wanted to round up. They are breathable, they are light and they do a great job of keeping stuff out of your sho...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
September 10, 5:11pm

Osprey Talon 22
double post- whoops :)

In Backpacks - Frameless
January 03, 7:26pm

Osprey Talon 22
The Talon is a very full featured pack, that carries like a dream (w/ reasonable loads). I use it for snowshoeing day trips and it swallows up the gear- shovel, bivy, down parka, etc I love the be...

In Backpacks - Frameless
January 03, 7:22pm

Wet Fire Fire Starting Tinder
I'm a little redundant w/ fire starting stuff (boy scout in me I guess)- the wetfire tinders are my "if I absolutely need to start a fire" tinder. they will even burn in water or on sno...

In Miscellaneous Products
December 14, 7:49pm

Smartwool Beanie
my Smartwool beanie makes into both my day pack and multi-day trips, light weight, warm, takes up almost no space- I don't go anywhere w/o it going on two years and it still looks/fits great

In Clothing - Headwear, Handwear
November 20, 8:47pm

Moosejaw the company
I've made numerous transaction with moosejaw and they have always been smooth and hassle free. their staff is knowledgable and they frequently have the best prices on gear I do have one smal...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
October 30, 7:00pm