BPL Community Profile

Mike M (mtwarden) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Montana
About Me Colin Chapman "Simplify and add lightness"
My PDF Gear List3 day "Shoulder Season" list- Rocky Mtns

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Mike M

Showing 291 - 300 of 3413 | Page: 1 ...21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ...342

Forum » Thread

running across the Bob
group of folks from Missoula enjoying a long day in the Bob, certainly gets the creative juices flowing :) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBdqDZhWS2s&feature=youtu.be

In Other Activities » running across the Bob
August 06, 9:16pm

Re: New JMT Speed Record
I don't know Hal, but I know Mike, heck of a nice guy- congrats to both of them. Seems like there is getting to be more interest in FKT's, so it stands to reason that many are going to fal...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » New JMT Speed Record
August 06, 9:13pm

Re: shoefitr app on RW
Doug- yeah that sizing application is really nifty! ^ usually when I look up a brand new model on there, they show it hasn't been scanned yet (seems like it takes several months to get a scan)...

In GEAR » need trail runners for very rocky/talus/scree conditions
August 06, 8:57pm

Hoka
as luck would have it, our local running store is having a Hoka rep tomorrow evening and is bringing 50 pairs of shoes to run in, so if they have my size, I plan on giving them a go (wife is too) ...

August 06, 6:18pm

rocky stuff
Sara- good to hear on the Hoka's- all the shoes that haven't worked for me were because of lack of room in the toe box I've tried a few wide size shoes and often the toe box issue is...

August 05, 5:43pm

rocky stuff
I own a lot of Patagonia stuff, but have never tried any of their shoes- a couple of reviewers mention wide toe box which is definitely a necessity w/ my alien like long toes :) Art- I tried a p...

August 04, 12:30pm

rocky stuff
Sara- I saw a couple of folks w/ Hoka's yesterday, they definitely look cushy. We have a couple of running stores here, not sure if they carry Hoka or not- if they don't have a large toe b...

August 04, 9:25am

more updates
well I had to send my N1's back as they developed a hole near the top of big toe on the left foot- kind of a weird spot??? about 250-ish miles on them, got a new pair back (was within 60 days ...

August 02, 7:56pm

Re: Re: re: UTMB mandatory gear
"Mike Foote from Montana, 11th place UTMB 2011 (1st American)" yeah baby! oh.... carry on

In GEAR » Ultramarathon gear advice needed for major race in the Alps
July 24, 10:14pm

goosefeet
I was looking at both the WM and MB ones and instead opted for custom ones from Ben at goosefeet- it actually came out a little cheaper and I was able to customize the materials, the amount of fill...

In GEAR » western mountaineering down pants?
July 24, 6:16am

All Reader Reviews by Mike M

Showing 1 - 10 of 33 | Page: 1 2 3 4

Review

Category

Petzl e+LITE
I thought I had added my review earlier on this lamp, but hadn't :) I've been very impressed w/ this diminutive lamp- if you're looking for a lamp for hours of night travel- this isn'...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
October 25, 12:08pm

Black Diamond Carbon Cork
@ 16 oz (pair) these are certainly heavier than some of the UL offerings, but still relatively light the FlickLock is about as solid of a adjustment as I've seen for trekking poles- I'm sur...

In Trekking Poles
October 18, 4:19pm

ULA Ohm
not sure why it's listed with the frameless packs, while not a robust frame- the carbon fiber/derlin frame is certainly a frame and definitely helps w/ the load capacity of this pack anywho- th...

In Backpacks - Frameless
October 13, 5:17pm

Montrail Sabino Trail
My first pair are over a year old now w/ ~ 500 backpacking/trail running miles- there is some light fraying here and there, but overall are still in very good condition. I've never had a hot spot...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
September 10, 5:23pm

Dirty Girl Gaiters
I'd probably go 4.5 just because of the needed velcro, but I like these enough I wanted to round up. They are breathable, they are light and they do a great job of keeping stuff out of your sho...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
September 10, 5:11pm

Osprey Talon 22
double post- whoops :)

In Backpacks - Frameless
January 03, 7:26pm

Osprey Talon 22
The Talon is a very full featured pack, that carries like a dream (w/ reasonable loads). I use it for snowshoeing day trips and it swallows up the gear- shovel, bivy, down parka, etc I love the be...

In Backpacks - Frameless
January 03, 7:22pm

Wet Fire Fire Starting Tinder
I'm a little redundant w/ fire starting stuff (boy scout in me I guess)- the wetfire tinders are my "if I absolutely need to start a fire" tinder. they will even burn in water or on sno...

In Miscellaneous Products
December 14, 7:49pm

Smartwool Beanie
my Smartwool beanie makes into both my day pack and multi-day trips, light weight, warm, takes up almost no space- I don't go anywhere w/o it going on two years and it still looks/fits great

In Clothing - Headwear, Handwear
November 20, 8:47pm

Moosejaw the company
I've made numerous transaction with moosejaw and they have always been smooth and hassle free. their staff is knowledgable and they frequently have the best prices on gear I do have one smal...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
October 30, 7:00pm