BPL Community Profile

John S. (jshann) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale John S. hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Originally from Louisiana, I enjoyed camping in my Boy Scouting days and eventually became an Eagle Scout. Many years later (2002), I discovered backpacking after going on an REI multisport trip to Alaska. My first backpack was to Grand Canyon, and I was hooked!
CityDallas
StateTexas
CountryU.S.A.
My Website URLhttp://tinyurl.com/2rr6nx
My PDF Gear ListSample Gearlist

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by John S.

Showing 291 - 300 of 3613 | Page: 1 ...21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ...362

Forum » Thread

Re: UL PLB - rescueME
Thanks for posting about it.

In GEAR » UL PLB - rescueME
June 09, 8:53pm

Re: Supai Adventure or Flyweight Flytepacker?
You can't buy either boat new right now, only the canyon flatwater 2 in seconds. The flytepacker is being redesigned to have a skin that covers the boat. Also consider the Klymit LiteWater D...

In Packrafting » Supai Adventure or Flyweight Flytepacker?
June 09, 3:20pm

Re: Orienting with Holux M-241 + Google Earth Maps (with lat/long grid)
Search for "holux"...33 results going back to 2009. I would rather use a garmin foretrex 301.

In GEAR » Orienting with Holux M-241 + Google Earth Maps (with lat/long grid)
June 09, 8:07am

Re: how to cut coffee weight
Caffeinolics Anonymous!...kidding.

In GEAR » how to cut coffee weight
June 09, 8:00am

Re: Re: Ultralight Bowl
Abela, that is what I use at work to eat my oatmeal out of..lol. Nice size.

In GEAR » Ultralight Bowl?
June 09, 4:32am

Re: Breakfast Bar?
My current breakfast is one snickers bar and two packets of maple/brown sugar oatmeal (eaten cold). Target recently had the packages of 6 snickers for $3.00 (50 cents/bar). The nutrition label for ...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Breakfast Bar?
June 09, 4:27am

Re: Re: Re: Re: RE: Kayak help
The Innova Safari is squirrely without the fin and that makes it not good for shallow rivers.

In Other Activities » Kayak help
June 03, 4:41pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: RE: Kayak help
That is why you would need to be near the shore, to bail it out or get back in, which can be a challenge. There is nothing wrong with sit on tops either. I have the Capri Tour and an Innova Safari ...

June 02, 5:30pm

Re: Re: RE: Kayak help
You can get a sit in kayak with a larger cockpit opening so it's easy to get out of without using a skirt. Even with a skirt, you can do a wet exit. No eskimo role involved. That would only be ...

June 02, 5:25pm

Re: I may have to buy one!
It's an enclosed hammock he is selling for over 1K..yipes.

In GEAR » I may have to buy one!
June 02, 4:31am

All Reader Reviews by John S.

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

GoLite Dawn
I have had this pack for several years and have taken it on multiple backpacks ranging from 2 days to 6 days. My pack weights have been over 15 pounds a few times with no problems. The materials and w...

In Backpacks - Frameless
May 09, 12:05pm