BPL Community Profile

John S. (jshann) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale John S. hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Originally from Louisiana, I enjoyed camping in my Boy Scouting days and eventually became an Eagle Scout. Many years later (2002), I discovered backpacking after going on an REI multisport trip to Alaska. My first backpack was to Grand Canyon, and I was hooked!
CityDallas
StateTexas
CountryU.S.A.
My Website URLhttp://tinyurl.com/2rr6nx
My PDF Gear ListSample Gearlist

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by John S.

Showing 291 - 300 of 3612 | Page: 1 ...21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ...362

Forum » Thread

Re: Supai Adventure or Flyweight Flytepacker?
You can't buy either boat new right now, only the canyon flatwater 2 in seconds. The flytepacker is being redesigned to have a skin that covers the boat. Also consider the Klymit LiteWater D...

In Packrafting » Supai Adventure or Flyweight Flytepacker?
June 09, 3:20pm

Re: Orienting with Holux M-241 + Google Earth Maps (with lat/long grid)
Search for "holux"...33 results going back to 2009. I would rather use a garmin foretrex 301.

In GEAR » Orienting with Holux M-241 + Google Earth Maps (with lat/long grid)
June 09, 8:07am

Re: how to cut coffee weight
Caffeinolics Anonymous!...kidding.

In GEAR » how to cut coffee weight
June 09, 8:00am

Re: Re: Ultralight Bowl
Abela, that is what I use at work to eat my oatmeal out of..lol. Nice size.

In GEAR » Ultralight Bowl?
June 09, 4:32am

Re: Breakfast Bar?
My current breakfast is one snickers bar and two packets of maple/brown sugar oatmeal (eaten cold). Target recently had the packages of 6 snickers for $3.00 (50 cents/bar). The nutrition label for ...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Breakfast Bar?
June 09, 4:27am

Re: Re: Re: Re: RE: Kayak help
The Innova Safari is squirrely without the fin and that makes it not good for shallow rivers.

In Other Activities » Kayak help
June 03, 4:41pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: RE: Kayak help
That is why you would need to be near the shore, to bail it out or get back in, which can be a challenge. There is nothing wrong with sit on tops either. I have the Capri Tour and an Innova Safari ...

June 02, 5:30pm

Re: Re: RE: Kayak help
You can get a sit in kayak with a larger cockpit opening so it's easy to get out of without using a skirt. Even with a skirt, you can do a wet exit. No eskimo role involved. That would only be ...

June 02, 5:25pm

Re: I may have to buy one!
It's an enclosed hammock he is selling for over 1K..yipes.

In GEAR » I may have to buy one!
June 02, 4:31am

Re: Ensure?
Ingredients of Ensure Powder Vanilla Corn Syrup, Corn Maltodextrin, Sugar (Sucrose), Corn Oil, Sodium And Calcium Caseinates, Soy Protein Isolate, Artificial Flavor, Potassium Citrate, Magnesium C...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » opinions on muscle milk as a lightweight backpacking food/supplement
June 02, 4:17am

All Reader Reviews by John S.

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

GoLite Dawn
I have had this pack for several years and have taken it on multiple backpacks ranging from 2 days to 6 days. My pack weights have been over 15 pounds a few times with no problems. The materials and w...

In Backpacks - Frameless
May 09, 12:05pm