BPL Community Profile

Jim Colten (jcolten) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale MN
About Me Jim Colten has not added a biography yet.
My PDF Gear Listtest

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Jim Colten

Showing 291 - 300 of 1808 | Page: 1 ...21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ...181

Forum » Thread

Re: Midwest GGGG at Beaver Creek Valley State Park
Oh JEEEZ .... I really wanted to be there. Next time for sure.

In Photo Gallery » Midwest GGGG at Beaver Creek Valley State Park
October 30, 9:16pm

Re: "5 Beginning Concepts for Winter Backpacking"
We were in the Porkies Mar 2-4. Back country snow depths was about 40" It warmed up quickly after that, high temps in the 50's be the end of that week and 50-70 every day for 2 weeks ....

In Editor's Roundtable » 5 Beginning Concepts for Winter Backpacking
October 27, 6:33pm

Re: "5 Beginning Concepts for Winter Backpacking"
I was disappointed myself Kathy with the lack of snow in Michigan, fingers crossed we get far more this winter. ditto for MN ... but I found more than enough snow in the Porkies late last winter.

In Editor's Roundtable » 5 Beginning Concepts for Winter Backpacking
October 27, 4:00pm

Re sew the seam
Glue on a strip of silnylon with silicone:mineral spirits YES :mineral spirits NO, not for this application More info here

In Make Your Own Gear » Help on a MYOG Tarp
October 27, 3:55pm

Re: Midwest GGGG
Hey guys, Was REALLY looking forward to this but I've caught a killer cold ... not going anywhere this weekend. Josh and David, if you have paypal accts I can send $$ for a fair share of...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Midwest GGG this fall
October 25, 8:47pm

Re: Two synergystic technologies coming together?
Dri Down and Down Tek could be interesting if successfully applied to high fill power down ... I haven't yet seen news beyond heavier downs. "Never Wet" ... never is a VERY high st...

In GEAR » Two synergystic technologies coming together?
October 23, 2:10pm

Re: Help with Superior HIking Trail Weekend Trip!
Last Sunday, 10/14 was the last day for the Superior Shuttle. There are other shuttle options shown here Harriet Quarles is great choice if near Grand Marais (or you are able to pay for here to...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Help with Superior HIking Trail Weekend Trip!
October 18, 12:57pm

Re: Space blanket
Has anyone tried doing this with space blanket material? Hi Will, Checkout this thread

In Make Your Own Gear » Polycro Tarp Tested!
October 16, 6:47pm

Re: New Philmont Tents
It's great to see newer and lighter Philmont tents. But for troops that backpack enough to justify the expense of owning their own backpacking tents you can't beat the weight/person you...

In Philmont » hantavirus
October 16, 12:37pm

Re: hantavirus
Just what are you saying about hantavirus and tents? Does Philmont have tents set up for years at a time like Curry Village? David, I was off the grid (or at least off the net) for several d...

In Philmont » hantavirus
October 16, 12:23pm

All Reader Reviews by Jim Colten

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

TarpTent
My entry into the world of tarping was with Hernry's orginal squall. Later that year the Cloudburst was introduced. I contacted him about an idea of converting my squall to use an arched front p...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
December 30, 11:04am

Thru-Hiker.com
1) good products 2) friendly and useful help before ans after sale 3) great customer service I'd rate Thru-Hiker a 6 if that was an option

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
December 01, 8:10am

Minibull Designs Pocket Puck
Hector, I had similar experience .... but only the first time I lit it. Since then I've been giving the pocket puck about 15-30 seconds more warmup time and it has always stayed lit. There is a...

In Stoves - Alcohol
October 16, 6:04am