BPL Community Profile

Jim Colten (jcolten) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale MN
About Me Jim Colten has not added a biography yet.
My PDF Gear Listtest

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Jim Colten

Showing 291 - 300 of 1823 | Page: 1 ...21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ...183

Forum » Thread

Re: GoLite Kool-Aid
It'd be great to see the ion and breeze return. But anyone remembering the Golite/Jardine split is not likely to hold their breath waiting for the return of the breeze. The breeze was one o...

In Gear Deals » GoLite Breeze $202.50
November 17, 5:59am

Re: Just interesting: Snowy Owls in Washington
I am privileged to have a weekly gig at a raptor rehab facility so I was told a bit about Snowy irruptions last winter. The info in the article Dale linked matches what we were given to tell folks...

In Chaff » Just interesting: Snowy Owls in Washington
November 16, 4:59pm

Re: Cell phone rescue in Napa
Not being from California, my (mis-)perceptions of Napa might be skewed by reports from friends who have vacationed there .... but somehow I was under the impression that "trails" in Napa...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Cell phone rescue in Napa
November 16, 11:37am

World's "poorest" president?
Food for thought ... love his definition of poverty!

In Chaff » World's "poorest" president?
November 15, 8:39pm

OIL: Valid combatant targets @ Dean
we will soon by supplying all of our own oil ... so, will that change our role in defending the shipping lanes from the Middle East Dream on! The oil market is so completely global that chang...

In Chaff » Romney/Ryan 2012
November 15, 5:59pm

Re: hood
I have a hoodless Liberty Ridge. For my money hoods are close to essential in northern climates so I'm considering modifying the current one or making another. I've make a hood from t...

In Make Your Own Gear » Performance/Durability of M50 as Windshirt Material?
November 12, 4:07pm

Re: Update on M50 windshirt after some use.
James, What did you use for a hood pattern?

In Make Your Own Gear » Performance/Durability of M50 as Windshirt Material?
November 12, 11:24am

Re: 23rd
Like I said, I'm trying to get out monthly. Am also in the TC area. Pretty much anywhere on the SHT AFTER deer hunting season is OK by me. I've seen Chad hike though and I can't ...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Anybody from Minnesota
November 08, 3:33pm

Re: Inov8 shoes $35
deal, provided 1 of 3 different models still has size 12 available. email sent

In Gear Deals » Inov8 shoes $35
November 08, 5:51am

Re: Philmont food - prioritize comsumption
A fine example of technique trumping all else! Thanks Sarah

In Philmont » Philmont food
November 07, 11:06am

All Reader Reviews by Jim Colten

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

TarpTent
My entry into the world of tarping was with Hernry's orginal squall. Later that year the Cloudburst was introduced. I contacted him about an idea of converting my squall to use an arched front p...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
December 30, 11:04am

Thru-Hiker.com
1) good products 2) friendly and useful help before ans after sale 3) great customer service I'd rate Thru-Hiker a 6 if that was an option

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
December 01, 8:10am

Minibull Designs Pocket Puck
Hector, I had similar experience .... but only the first time I lit it. Since then I've been giving the pocket puck about 15-30 seconds more warmup time and it has always stayed lit. There is a...

In Stoves - Alcohol
October 16, 6:04am