BPL Community Profile

Dennis Park (dpark) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale San Francisco Bay Area
About Me Dennis Park has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dennis Park

Showing 291 - 300 of 343 | Page: 1 ...16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35

Forum » Thread

rain fly
I'm dabbling with ideas and have no experience in this area. I have a rainfly from an older double wall tent that I got from a garage sale. The tent is still useful but the fly seems small ...

In Make Your Own Gear » rain fly
January 15, 2:29pm

Question for solo double wall tent users
I've read that solo double wall tents are tight enough that arms often press into the sides of the tent. When this happens, do your down bags compress and develop cold spots and does moisture ...

In GEAR » Question for solo double wall tent users
January 15, 8:17am

side entry bivy
Good points, Mike. I think the water resistant would satisfy my needs. Right now I'm going through a HUGE internal debate to see if I'm ready to jump to a tarp or floorless shelter....

In GEAR » side entry bivy
January 13, 7:41am

side entry bivy
I'm looking for a "side entry" bivy vs. end-opening. It doesn't have to be XUL. Any recommendations? Thanks.

In GEAR » side entry bivy
January 11, 9:27pm

emery board and water
Got a couple more questions. What's the emery board used for? While on the trail, how many liters of water do you guys carry for 3 season hiking on trails with a water source reasonably a...

In GEAR » emery board and water
January 11, 8:47am

Atmos 50 packing
I've seen the official recommendations and am aware of all the above recommendations but the aluminum frame seems to prevent the ideal packing. Seems like putting the most dense items on top i...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » packing a pack
January 10, 7:47pm

packing a pack
Can any of you guys give recommendations on how to pack an Osprey Atmos 50? The aluminum frame creates a void where the heavy items should be located, based on the illustrations from above.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » packing a pack
January 09, 11:50am

Point Reyes
I just learned of this trip and would have loved to join but have other commitments for that whole weekend. I was wondering if this was an annual thing or is it a first time event? I'd love...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Point Reyes Trip January 24th-Please Read
January 07, 9:33pm

Western Mountaineering and Marmot
Got two questions. On a thread I saw several weeks ago, there was a statement about how accurate Western Mountaineering temperature ratings were. I can't remember if their ratings reflected...

In GEAR » Western Mountaineering and Marmot
January 07, 4:28pm

Prayer request
Also from California... They may want to check out this website, caringbridge.org. This could be a very useful resource for the family as they go through this ordeal. I learned of it from frie...

In Chaff » Prayer request
December 22, 2:51pm

All Reader Reviews by Dennis Park

Dennis Park has posted no reviews.