Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

David Goodyear (dmgoody) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale mid-west
About Me David Goodyear has not added a biography yet.
StateMIchigan
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by David Goodyear

Showing 291 - 300 of 399 | Page: 1 ...21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40

Forum » Thread

extra one for free
I have the one that came with my cone. Never been used. I use the gram cracker esbit stove. Just pm me if you want it. Dave

In Gear Swap » WTB: Alcohol burner for Caldera Cone system
December 31, 6:41pm

heat bending
Heat bending takes patience, a torch and lots of duct tape. (a little OCD doesn't hurt) I used what I had - a plumbing torch and long strips of duct tape. My friend had better luck with a h...

In Make Your Own Gear » Bush-Worthy Pulk
December 31, 5:29pm

Trimming
I just used a jig saw with a bimetal blade and a very good grip. If you are alone, just load some weight in the sled to hold it. It cuts very fast so watch your line. I left the front and back lips...

December 31, 3:31pm

pm sent
pm sent I want to retire my old "heavy" original steripen. Dave

In Gear Swap » FS: SteriPEN Adventurer
December 30, 6:34pm

way too much
Custom sub-zero muks from empire canvas works My daughter's old i-pod touch ( i-books and audio books ) many, many parts to make a pulk. a new dog rescue named zip Has been a blesse...

In GEAR » Merry Christmas... So, What'd Ya Get?
December 30, 5:45pm

moisture control
When doing overnighters after a high energy day, it is all about moisture management. This is why the VBL system works great. I have used it many times with great results. I used the NEOS, with ...

In Winter Hiking » Insulated Winter Footwear
December 28, 8:03pm

Chunky snow strainer
If you have every melted snow in the woods, you know that when you are done there are quite a few chunks floating around in the pot. You can try to flick them out with your spoon. You can try to ig...

In Make Your Own Gear » Chunky snow strainer
December 28, 2:18pm

wow
Great job! looks plenty strong. Thanks for posting the measurements, as I would llike to mod my SL-3 in this fasion. I like the idea of having a smaller, easier pitch option. Sometimes it is har...

In Make Your Own Gear » Shangri La 3 mods: Adding grossgrain/webbing guy-out loops to a felled seam?
December 28, 6:25am

rims
Hey Chad, Good question. Yes, you lose a degree of side to side stiffness and the sled can flex, but that is not always a bad thing. When going thru the bush and over snow covered logs and s...

December 25, 7:43pm

modify
Chad, That's some tough hiking for pulling a sled. Huh, if you go with a more narrow sled, it will be prone to roll-overs. I may have to ponder this a while..... Here are some of my th...

In Make Your Own Gear » Making a Pulk and need to find right sled
December 24, 5:38am

All Reader Reviews by David Goodyear

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

caldera cone w gram cracker esbit stove snow peak solo
Just returned from a 4 day bushwhacking trip. This setup achieved 2 near boils (small bubbles) per esbit tab. Morning and night temps in the mid 30's - water taken from cold creeks. I allotted 4 t...

In Stoves - Other
October 08, 7:52am

Big Agnes Seedhouse SL1
I bought this tent before becoming a member of this site. When I read the review of the SL-1, I was worried about its stability and durability. I am not a tarp camper so the seedhouse seemed to be the...

In Shelters - Double Wall Tents
August 12, 7:22am