BPL Community Profile

Brendan Swihart (brendans) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Fruita CO
About Me Brendan Swihart has not added a biography yet.
My Website URLhttp://outlivingblog.wordpress.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Brendan Swihart

Showing 291 - 300 of 560 | Page: 1 ...21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ...56

Forum » Thread

Re: Void
I've been thinking about the same thing recently. I've considered making some for sale as I've made a few mummy bags recently with a design I'm pretty happy with. I've got som...

In GEAR » Synthetic Quilts and Sleeping Bags
March 02, 11:40pm

Re: Re: Layer to bring 30 degree bag to 20?
Agreed; Id probably replace the down vest and R1 with a hooded puffy jacket. You could be different but I find the R1 way too hot to hike in unless it's very cold.

In GEAR » Layer to bring 30 degree bag to 20?
March 02, 6:58pm

Re: Re: Layer to bring 30 degree bag to 20?
IMO I don't think you need anything extra. I've taken my 30 deg. quilt to 20 many times just with a hooded puffy jacket and a hot water bottle in my bag (makes a big difference). If you&#...

In GEAR » Layer to bring 30 degree bag to 20?
March 02, 5:13pm

Re: Bivy Kit
Jamie S has some excellent instructions on his website. A bivy is a great first project. http://www.lytw8.com/My_Gear.html#LytW8_Bivy

In Make Your Own Gear » Bivy Kit
March 02, 8:35am

Nylon thread
Nylon thread is usually slicker than polyester thread and often requires much higher tension. If you can't get enough tension by the tension knob, often (especially on industrial or older &quo...

In Make Your Own Gear » thick thread problems re backpack 0- tips?
February 28, 2:15pm

Re: Re: MYOG mummy bag
Footbox is 38" and it's about 60" at the shoulders. Next project is one for my wife with pretty much what you describe (M50 with probably more like 15 oz oz 900 fp)

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG mummy bag
February 22, 7:18pm

Re: Re: MYOG mummy bag
Thanks for the kind words... @ Sam-I'm not sure exactly how long it took me...I finished most of it over the weekend, probably working 5ish? hours both days. Add a couple hours of cutting ...

February 22, 5:48pm

improving strength of mesh?
Has anyone tried thinning down some silicone and brushing it on their shoes? I haven't tried it but was thinking it might strengthen the mesh a little and have the added benefit of reducing wa...

In Editor's Roundtable » Fast and Light Shoulder Season Footwear Tips
February 22, 5:36pm

Re: Pattern
Thru-hiker's liberty ridge pattern is pretty good half zip pattern. It doesn't include a hood but I've made a couple and added a hood in place of the collar. If you want to cover the ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Sewing techniques for M90 windshirt
February 22, 10:44am

MYOG mummy bag
Just finished this up for my mom. I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out. Details: About 5'6" long 17 oz 800 fill down M90 nice fat, non-flap draft tube/collar different...

February 22, 9:21am

All Reader Reviews by Brendan Swihart

Brendan Swihart has posted no reviews.