BPL Community Profile

Cesar Valdez (PrimeZombie) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Scandinavia
About Me Mexican-American expat living in Sweden. Check out my blog to know more about me, lots of trip reports, gear lists, pretty pictures, etc. :)
CountrySweden
My Website URLhttp://cesarandthewoods.blogspot.com/
My PDF Gear ListCesar's 3 Season 2014

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Cesar Valdez

Showing 291 - 300 of 444 | Page: 1 ...21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ...45

Forum » Thread

Gear Grams library total
For those of you that use geargrams, there is a total weight for your entire library. Mine is 36.4 pounds, and that is including my wife's gear too. This includes: 6 backpacks 4 sleepin...

In Chaff » Full Skin Out.....of ALL my gear
March 01, 1:54am

Re: Re: The validity of going lightweight for shorter trips
12.5 total pack weight is pretty sweet, you really can move. I have done overnighters with total pack weight of not quite 10lbs and it was awesome. I bushwack a lot, so it's nice to be able t...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » The validity of going lightweight for shorter trips
February 26, 2:36pm

re: shorter trips
@Piper: Good point about not having to deal with bad weather, on a thru hike you have to suck it up. Glad to hear I am not the only short tripper :) It's not that I feel apologetic or inferio...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » The validity of going lightweight for shorter trips
February 26, 2:27pm

Re: Re: The validity of going lightweight for shorter trips
That's a good point. My focus was on time and energy constraints for those of us that cram a lot of activity into a very fun and active overnighter or weekender. With thru hikes there is can ...

February 26, 1:51pm

the switch to foam
Well if/when I need to replace my Xlite (or if it breaks), I'm getting a Ridge Rest Solar. I hope that I get at least a few years out of my Xlite, and by then I bet that there will be a new ve...

In GEAR » NeoAir XLite didn't make it through night 1
February 26, 1:28pm

d'oh
Man, it's disheartening to read several people on here having issues with the Xlite. I have one and tested out on an overnighter a few weeks back and it was great. I have since blown it up an...

In GEAR » NeoAir XLite didn't make it through night 1
February 26, 11:53am

The validity of going lightweight for shorter trips
As I have said before, due to school and family responsibilities, I am only able to take 1-3 day trips at the moment. In the future of course I fully intend on doing thru hikes, but for now I have...

February 26, 7:31am

PM sent
Hello, PM sent on Neoair. :)

In Gear Swap » Closet Cleaning: Sierra Sniveler, NB Fugu, NeoAir, Golite Lair/Nest & Shell
February 24, 11:16am

Here you go...
I've posted this before, but since you are asking: http://youtu.be/enZfKpCKsUM We can only guess at the weight of it all, but I am guessing over 50lbs. I actually tried to help the guy...

In Gear Lists » Heavy Gear List
February 21, 1:00pm

Re: SUL - Ojai, CA 3-Day / 2-Night Solo Thru-Hike
Thanks for the report, and very well done, especially with all the pictures and attention to detail. I am horrible at documenting my trips and most of the time rely on friends taking pictures and ...

In Post-Trip Reports » SUL - Ojai, CA 3-Day / 2-Night Solo Thru-Hike
February 21, 2:21am

All Reader Reviews by Cesar Valdez

Cesar Valdez has posted no reviews.