Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Cesar Valdez (PrimeZombie) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Scandinavia
About Me Mexican-American expat living in Sweden. Check out my blog to know more about me, lots of trip reports, gear lists, pretty pictures, etc. :)
CountrySweden
My Website URLhttp://cesarandthewoods.blogspot.com/
My PDF Gear ListCesar's 3 Season 2014

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Cesar Valdez

Showing 291 - 300 of 491 | Page: 1 ...21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ...50

Forum » Thread

re: bushcraft and definitions
@ Rob: Thanks! Yeah, I love to mix my survival/bushcraft skills into backpacking/camping. I actually started off as an outdoors enthusiast with a base of a more primitive, "traditional"...

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » My first XUL trip coming up!
May 30, 3:06am

My first XUL trip coming up!
Very excited that in about a month or so, I will be going on my first XUL overnight trip. I did my first (intentional) SUL trip last summer (and have done several more since then) and it went grea...

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » My first XUL trip coming up!
May 29, 6:30am

seam sealing ftw
The pack I now use the most is my Zpacks custom Zero in hybrid nylon/cuben fabric, which itself is waterproof, but I wonder if the nylon on the outside soaks up any water... doesn't seem to fro...

In GEAR » Pack Cover Weight vs Wet Pack ??
May 29, 1:38am

Re: Hybrid Cuben/Nylon Zero
Just got back from a trip up close to the boarder of Norway following the Bohusleden, kind of like the Swedish version of the AT. Excellent trip! Of course did some bushwacking too, planned the t...

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » Sub 10oz/280g backpack recommendations
April 02, 12:07pm

Re: Re: Lighter and (in my opinion) better
"Try the Sea-to-Summit Alphalight Cutlery. They're lighter than any of my titanium spoons and much cheaper." Wow, you got me there. Had I known about the long handle spoon by STS,...

In Philosophy & Technique » Lighter and (in my opinion) better
March 25, 1:08am

Re: Re: Re: Lighter and (in my opinion) better
"Except that the GSI plastic spoons are lighter, and last extremely well." Point well taken. I have a plastic spoon (from Max Burger) that I use on occasion, mostly for SUL trips. Bu...

March 25, 1:04am

I was on the same quest...
...but found the right pack for the job, fellow bushwacker. Maybe this will be helpful: http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/thread_display.html?forum_thread_id=59246

In GEAR » Looking for a small pack.
March 25, 12:49am

Re: Nice Pack
Darren, sorry for not getting back to you, didn't notice this until now. The zipper pocket is on the outside of the pack, if I think I know what you are talking about. It does not take up s...

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » Sub 10oz/280g backpack recommendations
March 25, 12:47am

Re: Lighter and (in my opinion) better
Off the top of my head: 1. Titanium spoon. This is a no-brainer. Strong as steel, light as aluminum, and not that crazy expensive either. I understand if someone won't/can't buy a fu...

March 24, 1:10pm

Re: Re: Your firestarter of choice?
"I'm assuming this is for starting wood fires? Do none of you have resinous trees where you hike?" Yes this is for starting wood fires, sorry, should have noted in the OP. Yes, I ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Your firestarter of choice?
March 24, 12:30pm

All Reader Reviews by Cesar Valdez

Cesar Valdez has posted no reviews.