BPL Community Profile

John Donewar (Newton) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Southeastern Louisiana
About Me Bitten by the hiking bug in 2008. The "infection" persists and I am not in search of cure. :-)
Reinfected by the MYOG bug in 2009 and I am still not in search of a cure. :-)
If I am not hiking I am reading about it or working on my gear.
Became a BPL Lifetime Member 5/1/11.
CityGretna
StateLouisiana
CountryU.S.A.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by John Donewar

Showing 291 - 300 of 1745 | Page: 1 ...21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ...175

Forum » Thread

Re: Removing Wrist Straps From Poles
John, I can only echo the others posting here in that I wouldn't remove them. My own personal reasons are; 1.)The strap helps me to avoid dropping the trekking pole by being around my ...

In GEAR » Removing Wrist Straps From Poles
November 18, 5:02am

Re: save a gram or two?
Rod said, "I wonder if you need the all of the square mesh? It is the stove struts that hold the pot, of course, so you could remove the center of the mesh and maybe trim the corners to for...

In Make Your Own Gear » Canister Windscreen – Quest for Quality
November 17, 3:34pm

Re: cure or just a temporary escape?
Ryan, The loss of "David" is a tragedy. You've lost a close friend and the rest of us, whether we know it or not, are diminished because of his absence. I have no expertise in ...

In Editor's Roundtable » Depression and Wilderness, Part 2: Wilderness May Not Be Enough
November 14, 4:49am

Re: aggressive ultralighter
Justin, If you actually need the 4270 cubic inch capacity of the Jam 70, Zimmerbuilt has larger capacity offerings capable of handling a bear can. and... Depending on the size of y...

In GEAR » Is this pack too small for me? (See pics)
November 13, 7:29am

Re: Re: Vapor Trail
Justin, Take a look at the gear deals at Zimmerbuilt. http://www.zimmerbuilt.com/gear-deals.html $110.00 Chris will also do custom builds. http://www.zimmerbuilt.com/ Just...

November 12, 5:53pm

Re: Is this pack too small for me? (See pics)
Justin, Log in and check out his article by Luke Schmidt. It is geared towards MYOG packs but has a lot of pertinent information regarding pack fit and comfort. https://www.backpackinglight.c...

November 12, 7:39am

Re: Pack size
Daryl, I still have that same pack that you used to illustrate your point about the pack straps. The picture below is not my pack but one like it. It weighs 4 pounds 13 ounces empty as...

In GEAR » Pack size
November 11, 1:15pm

Re: It's Always an Adventure
Mary, "Yes, but that's not what I watch for when walking through any place where cows graze!" I was watching carefully for that too, but not carefully enough on that trip I'...

In Post-Trip Reports » It's Always an Adventure
November 10, 12:21pm

Re: Backpack Packing Strategy
I followed the burrito method of stuffing my pack for a while. I got tired of trying to get the CCF pad to uncoil sufficiently to allow me to re-stuff my pack out on the trail. It worked great at h...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Backpack Packing Strategy
November 10, 12:04pm

Re: It's Always an Adventure
Have you ever been hiking through a pasture in the dark and saw a cows eyes shining back at you because of your headlamp? Have you ever gone out to test your winter sleeping gear and frozen your...

In Post-Trip Reports » It's Always an Adventure
November 09, 8:53pm

All Reader Reviews by John Donewar

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Under Armour Men's UA Escape 7" Solid Shorts
Here are the particulars. Ultra-lightweight woven fabric. Mesh internal liner. 360° Reflectivity Hand pockets for your essentials. 7” inseam 2.2 oz. Polyester Men'...</td>          
           <td class=

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - SYNTHETIC
September 29, 10:56am

Scope Outlast
This is a first for me as I have never posted a gear review before. The Scope Outlast Minibrush probably isn't really even considered as hiking gear. Scope Outlast Minibrush

In Backpacks - External Frame
August 13, 12:14pm