BPL Community Profile

Kevin Babione (KBabione) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pennsylvania
About Me I live near Lancaster PA and do most of my backpacking in the central and north-central parts of the state.
CityLititz
StatePA
CountryUnited States

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Kevin Babione

Showing 291 - 300 of 558 | Page: 1 ...21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ...56

Forum » Thread

ZPacks Exo
Ahhh...such posts merely whet the appetite to get a new pack. My Late Spring/Summer/Early Fall pack is a GG Murmur. In the colder times I carry a SMD Starlite. I've switched to sleeping in...

In GEAR » ZPacks has a new pack and shelter...
December 05, 6:20pm

Daughter's First Overnight Pack
I have twin daughters who were 4 1/2 when we did our first overnight backpacking trip. Here's the link, if you're interested, to my trip report. My girls each carried the LL Bean Sprou...

In GEAR » Daughters first overnight pack
December 05, 6:11pm

The Packa
I have both a Sil-Nylon and an eVent Packa and it looks like I'll be putting another one on my list (the Cuben model) soon to drop 11+ ounces off my weight. I love the design and functionality...

In Editor's Roundtable » Lightweight Alternative Rainwear: State of the Market Report - Part 2: Overview of Individual Products
November 30, 8:17am

Murmur 2012
I've used a Murmur since they became available - I really like the look of the new OTT (Over The Top) closure system. I've had some issues closing the pack completely on the first day of a...

In GEAR » Murmur 2012 get DXG treatment
November 30, 7:52am

PackIt Gourmet Meals
Even my picky eaters love the PackIt Gourmet meals. I've stuck with only those that can be prepared with boiling water (the Zydeco Red Beans & Rice is a favorite) but they have a wide sele...

In GEAR » Looking for "FoodZips" for boil in bag meals -- either a new source or an alternative.
November 30, 6:46am

Antig Stove
It definitely does use nuts & bolts to hold it together. The manufacturer (I'm not at all associated with him) just moved his production and the price dropped due to some improvements in t...

In GEAR » Bushbuddy pots
November 21, 9:08pm

Bushbuddy Alternative
I have the Antig Outdoors Woodlore Stove and it fits very nicely inside the Evernew 1L Pasta Pot. The stove itself is only $32.95 (the low price helped me decide to try a wood burner) and Jeff jus...

In GEAR » Bushbuddy pots
November 21, 10:34am

New mUV
Great - I'll try to write up my review and post it with photos over the next week or so.

In Philosophy & Technique » Using the SteriPEN over AquaMira: Carrying less water
November 17, 5:33am

The mUV
James, They have redesigned the mUV but haven't released it yet. I keep waiting. They sent me one of their pre-production models to test in the Spring but I didn't want to post a revie...

In Philosophy & Technique » Using the SteriPEN over AquaMira: Carrying less water
November 16, 1:41pm

We All Need Water
Michael, I wasn't clear in my post...They drink in the mornings before we hike, at lunch (although this is often part of their liter of hiking water) and in camp at night. I'll usually ...

November 16, 12:43pm

All Reader Reviews by Kevin Babione

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Montbell Extremely Light Down Jacket
I'm a big guy and have the Ex Light in XXL - weighs 7.8 ounces. In addition to being a great piece of insulation to wear I've found that I can use it in my hammock as an extra top quilt by op...

In Clothing - Insulating - Down
January 03, 1:42pm

Lighten Up! by Don Ladigin
I just finished reading the book - it's an enjoyable and quick read. I've got two weekend trips planned this spring with guys who have never backpacked in their lives. I'm passing the bo...

In Books and Media
March 28, 5:52am