BPL Community Profile

Jacob D (JacobD) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale North Bay
About Me Jacob D has not added a biography yet.
CitySan Rafael
StateCA
My Website URLhttp://www.hikeitlikeit.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Jacob D

Showing 291 - 300 of 648 | Page: 1 ...21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ...65

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Re: GTX Runners?
Right, right... but my point being, doesn't the sweat just end up trapped in the GTX sock? Sorry I didn't mean to turn the thread toward gortex sock vs. wool sock. I'm just trying to un...

In GEAR » Trail runners in snow at RMNP next week?
June 13, 12:03pm

Re: Re: GTX Runners?
Doesn't your foot sweat inside the gortex sock though? I wear my GTX shoes whenever I feel like I can keep water out, usually involving the use of gaiters and not attempting any stream cross...

June 13, 10:52am

GTX Runners?
Could be a good excuse to pick up s pair of Gortex trail runners. I've snowshoed quite a bit in mine with medium weight wool socks and WP/B ankle gaiters without any issues. Either way I have t...

June 13, 8:56am

X100
I looked at the X100 a year or so ago, but wrote it off due to all of the quirks that seemed to hang around after the initial firmware upgrades... If I was in the market for a fixed lens, I woul...

In Photography » UL BP & DSLR
June 13, 8:16am

Re: Another review & thanks
Cary's comment is right on - sagging is a feature of silnylon. The more of it, the more stretch. The SMD utilizes a lot of material. Rafi, regarding that review, if that was their experien...

In GEAR » Lightheart Gear duo vs Six Moon Design Lunar Duo
June 12, 2:29pm

Re: Handle the Camera with lens
Hey Greg. Keep in mind that handling is subjective. A bit like: backpack X fits better than backpack Y. Also the handling of 4/3 lenses v. SLR lenses v. Rangefinder lenses are all a bit different. ...

June 12, 1:57pm

Re: Re: Re: D90 to Mirrorless?
Good eye Paul; those Trinity Alps photos were indeed from the Stuart Fork area. That trip was last year with a great group of BPL members, I plan to return this fall. The lake was either Emerald...

June 12, 1:00pm

Side Sleepers and Quilts
...seem to go hand in hand. That's the main reason I use quilts, much more comfortable for a side sleeper (at least IMO). I keep one side of the quilt tucked under, if I roll over in my sleep.....

In GEAR » To quilt or not to quilt?
June 12, 9:02am

Re: SMD Lunar Duo Rain Sag
^ What Kevin said. This is the easiest way adjust for (any kind of) sag. Although I usually only make my poles a couple inches longer than needed. The Lunar Duo does have a rather large sail-lik...

In GEAR » Lightheart Gear duo vs Six Moon Design Lunar Duo
June 12, 8:56am

Holy Smokes!
Pun intended. Wow, the smoke over that nearby ridge is scary stuff. My adrenaline would have been pumping at that point, I'd probably set a personal best for breaking down camp and high tail...

In Post-Trip Reports » Fire on the mountain, run boys, run!
June 11, 9:47pm

All Reader Reviews by Jacob D

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

WalMart
Yearly bump to bring the Wally World rating down where it should be :)

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
January 20, 10:56am