BPL Community Profile

Larry De La Briandais (Hitech) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale SF Bay Area
About Me Larry De La Briandais has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Larry De La Briandais

Showing 291 - 300 of 582 | Page: 1 ...21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ...59

Forum » Thread

Rum Runners
I have several and they appear to be the same material as a platypus. The sealed border/seam is nice and wide. I would expect these to hold up very well. Good luck with them.

In GEAR » Water bladders?
October 19, 3:20pm

Flashlight
A flashlight tent is TINY! I have one, and my wife and I both slept in it in Yosemite. However, had there been any condensation our quilt would have been wet. That tent isn't really big enou...

In GEAR » Tarptent Rainshadow 2?
October 19, 10:56am

Re: idea: quilt / sleeping bag hybrid?
"A sleeping bag without bottom insulation needs to have a way to secure it to the mat (a sleeve is the easiest fool proof way)" That's all you need. One method not mentioned is us...

In GEAR » idea: quilt / sleeping bag hybrid?
October 08, 2:37pm

Why not...
The real question is that since you are carrying most/all of this stuff anyway, why not carry it "on your person" instead of in your pack? Even if slightly less convenient, it might come...

In GEAR » How the he$$%#% do you manage your lanyard kit
October 02, 1:05pm

Re: Re: How the he$$%#% do you manage your lanyard kit
"The bushcrafty types and the emergency survival types are just playing games." Those whose lives were saved because they learned something from those "bushcrafty types' would...

In GEAR » How the he$$%#% do you manage your lanyard kit
October 02, 12:14pm

Methanol
The chemist I know laughed when I mentioned concern for using methanol in a stove. His comment, don't drink a lot of it. Other that drinking it you don't absorb enough to cause any problem...

In GEAR » US campers - alcohol stove fuels...
September 26, 3:38pm

we like them
Lets us sleep the same as at home.

In GEAR » Two person quilt sizes
September 24, 5:32pm

Replacement squeeze bag
If you can get by with a 40oz dirty bag these might work for replacement dirty bags. The material is simalar to a platy, and they appear well made. Pretty cheap too. http://www.rumrunnerflasks...

In GEAR » Sawyer Squeeze Filter Tips
September 14, 1:31pm

How Spot processes "911"
SOS: Use this function In the event of a life threatening or other critical emergency to notify emergency services of your GPS location and that you need assistance. The GEOS International Emergenc...

In GEAR » SPOT vs ACR? Need some advice
September 13, 3:35pm

Spot tracking
The tracking feature of the Spot can be useful. It was recently used to determine what happened to a sailboat in an off shore race (the track showed the ran into an island). For hikers it helps k...

In GEAR » SPOT vs ACR? Need some advice
September 10, 5:39pm

All Reader Reviews by Larry De La Briandais

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Campsaver.com Retailer
I purchased the Vargo canister stove from them at a GREAT price. They had such a run on sales because of the low price that is was sold out. They left me a personal phone message letting me know tha...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
December 07, 3:07pm