BPL Community Profile

Larry De La Briandais (Hitech) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale SF Bay Area
About Me Larry De La Briandais has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Larry De La Briandais

Showing 291 - 300 of 599 | Page: 1 ...21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ...60

Forum » Thread

snoring so loudly....
Just use ear plugs, that's what I do!

In Philosophy & Technique » Sleeping Comfort
April 10, 6:35pm

I guess I'm old...
I HAVE TO HAVE a pillow or I won't be able to move my head the next morning. And I need a softer pad that a foam pad (I use a BA IAC). I guess I'm getting old...

In Philosophy & Technique » Sleeping Comfort
April 09, 4:35pm

Heat stroke
Having been very near heat stroke myself (not while hiking) it is nasty business that I don't want to repeat. I will error on the side of drinking to much. I have also seen a young lady on ...

In Philosophy & Technique » The Hype of Dehydration and Heatstroke
April 09, 4:25pm

UV
I will assume you are correct, since you certainly seem to know what you are talking about. I had read that UV renders the bad guys "sterile". I will have to research that again. And y...

In GEAR » Sawyer Squeeze vs Aquamira Drops. The argument.
April 09, 3:18pm

Re: Re: UV
" I wonder if consuming live, but sterile pathogens is a good way to build up greater immunity to them should one have the misfortune to consume live but fertile ones?" Probably. I dr...

April 09, 12:24pm

Sawyer...
10 or 15 minutes?!? Something was wrong with their sawyer or they had the .02 micron (virus) version. Mine takes less than 2 minutes (I've timed it) to filter a liter.

April 09, 11:59am

UV
BTW, just to be technical UV light does not kill bacteria or protozoa (not sure about virus), it renders them "sterile", as om unable to reproduce. You still consume live "bugs"...

April 09, 11:44am

Canisters can't explode from simple ignition...
BTW, a leaking canister that encounters an ignition source that ignites the leaking fuel CANNOT explode simply from the fuel igniting. The canister HAS to heat up an build enough pressure in the c...

In GEAR » Canister failure: has this happened to you?
April 08, 11:47am

Assumptions...
We ALL make them all the time. When you first meet someone you make all kinds of assumptions as to what they are like. We do this because we don't have much to go on. When the assumptions we...

In GEAR » Adventure Medical Kits
April 04, 5:34pm

Efficiency?!?
The Soto demonstration did nothing to demonstrate efficiency. As the canister cools you do not need to adjust the Soto, but you do need to adjust the non-regulated stove. That is the advantage of...

In GEAR » World's Lightest Canister Stove with Auto Ignition
March 30, 12:55pm

All Reader Reviews by Larry De La Briandais

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Campsaver.com Retailer
I purchased the Vargo canister stove from them at a GREAT price. They had such a run on sales because of the low price that is was sold out. They left me a personal phone message letting me know tha...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
December 07, 3:07pm