BPL Community Profile

Larry De La Briandais (Hitech) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale SF Bay Area
About Me Larry De La Briandais has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Larry De La Briandais

Showing 291 - 300 of 528 | Page: 1 ...21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ...53

Forum » Thread

thanks for the thread
I have also been considering a different way to carry my pad. Putting it back in the stuff sack just seems like a waste of time and space. After reading these great ideas I am going to try and ro...

In GEAR » How do you pack a blow up mattress?
March 21, 11:28am

I've struggled with this too...
Coming down from half dome I saw various items along the trail that were not trash. They were typically stacked neatly so I figured someone might be coming back for them. However, we were coming ...

In Philosophy & Technique » Trash or treasures?
March 16, 2:12pm

BA Style Bagd
I loved my BA bag, until I switched to a quilt. But, I don't use the hood. However, the few times I have slept when it was cold enough to use a hood I stayed on my back for some odd reason.

In GEAR » Sleeping Bags vs Quilts
March 15, 12:39pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Apples and Oranges
If all you do when you make a quilt is basically leave off the zipper then sure, it will only weight a few ozs less than the bag. If you want to make a real comparison you need to weigh a bag th...

March 14, 1:30pm

Ankle support
I know "everyone" claims that boots do not support your ankles, but if my boots are even a little loose around my ankles my ankles will start to hurt. Tighten them up and the pain goes a...

In GEAR » Boots versus Trail Runners
March 14, 1:06pm

quilts
I use one simply because I can spread out, toss and turn, move around just like at home. I absolutely hate mummy bags. Always ended up twisted up with a zipper in my face. No problems with d...

March 13, 3:50pm

Re: ursack vs bear canister
It may not stay approved in Yosemite as there are too many chances for user error. As is evidenced by this thread many people do not understand the issues surrounding bears in Yosemite. Maybe i...

In GEAR » ursack vs bear canister
March 02, 12:26pm

smells
A bear can smell your food even when it is in a smell proof container. There are plenty of lingering smells for a bear. Conditioning the bears to not consider your food container as a source of...

In GEAR » Ursack closer to being allowed in Yosemite?
March 01, 3:49pm

failure
As far as I know EVERY bear canister has had at least one failure. These products are listed as bear resistant for a reason. Given enough time and motivation a determined bear can break into AL...

In GEAR » Ursack closer to being allowed in Yosemite?
March 01, 1:14pm

viruses
There is a version of the saywer that handles viruses, if you need that. In the US we don't need it. But they have a filter that handles them also.

In GEAR » Aqua Mira Exploded
February 19, 11:46am

All Reader Reviews by Larry De La Briandais

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Campsaver.com Retailer
I purchased the Vargo canister stove from them at a GREAT price. They had such a run on sales because of the low price that is was sold out. They left me a personal phone message letting me know tha...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
December 07, 3:07pm