BPL Community Profile

Sumi Wada (DetroitTigerFan) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Ann Arbor
About Me Sumi Wada has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Sumi Wada

Showing 291 - 300 of 495 | Page: 1 ...21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ...50

Forum » Thread

Re: no refund
If you used Visa or MC, you can dispute the charges and they have to withdraw the charge until they've investigated your dispute. It's an option you have.

In Gear Deals » 50% off Neoair's + free shipping (old style.. not xlite)
February 09, 9:32am

Re: .
So... you *knew* it was a really high-demand permit and that the lottery day was January 1st but didn't bother to send in your request until a few days later... and, now, you're ticked off ...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Grand Canyone Trip DENIED!!!!!
February 09, 9:28am

Re: Grand Canyone Trip DENIED!!!!!
"Bogus"? LOL, You're kidding, right? Their backcountry permit procedure is spelled out pretty clearly on the park website. You do need to follow it. Submit the permit request on t...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Grand Canyone Trip DENIED!!!!!
February 09, 6:08am

Re: Nextec? Is that the cheaper or more expensive shell for FF bags?
The Nextec Epic was Feathered Friends' "standard" fabric until this year. The NanoSphere used to be the ultralight option. FF phased out the Epic over the summer and introduced the P...

In GEAR » Nextec? Is that the cheaper or more expensive shell for FF bags?
February 05, 10:33am

Re: 3 kids, 4 days, yosemite
My son (11 at the time) and I did Tuolumne Meadows to the Valley over 5 days. Rafferty trailhead out of TM. Itinerary was: - Rafferty trailhead - Vogelsang HSC (still closed at the time) - Bern...

In Pre-Trip Planning » 3 kids, 4 days, yosemite
February 05, 9:56am

Re: Sil Nylon Jacket w/ pit zips
I made one without pitzips but it would be easy to add them since there's a convenient seam right there. I made it from a modified McCalls pattern; anyone with basic sewing skills could make it...

In GEAR » Sil Nylon Jacket w/ pit zips
February 05, 9:36am

Re: Re: It really depends
>> Can't you just take freeze-dried water to save some weight? You bet! Just add water to rehydrate. ;)

In GEAR » weight of food?
February 04, 7:11pm

Re: weight of food?
I'm a 5'2" woman, weigh about 140lb. My food almost always comes out to 1-lb per day. I dehydrate my own meals. That's for 3-seasons; I'm not a winter backpacker but would p...

In GEAR » weight of food?
February 04, 4:40pm

Re: Tarp or Tarp Tent
I was in the same predicament. I use a DIY silnylon tarp when there are no bugs and really like it. So, I made a net inner for it but, to be honest, I just found the combined setup to be a pain. ...

In GEAR » Tarp or Tarp Tent
February 01, 10:54am

Re: Shell layer for over down layer for big and tall?
Check LL Bean. XXL in tall for a few shells, including gore-tex. Their sizing is usually more generous than the high-end gear labels.

In GEAR » Shell layer for over down layer for big and tall?
January 23, 1:30pm

All Reader Reviews by Sumi Wada

Sumi Wada has posted no reviews.