BPL Community Profile

Luke Schmidt (Cameron) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale The WOODS
About Me Pursuing Christ, relationships, and adventure in that order. Nicknamed "Chief" because I grew up with a tribe of vegetarian cannibals on a small island off the coast of Iowa.
CityMidland TX
StateTexas
CountryUnited States

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Luke Schmidt

Showing 291 - 300 of 1995 | Page: 1 ...21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ...200

Forum » Thread

Re Midland
Thanks for the kind words and local tips Q. I was only able to see a bit of the Winds but I liked them. I'll probably post a few pics of the Wind River trip in the forums when I have ti...

In Editor's Roundtable » Off-trail in the Teton Wilderness
August 30, 9:33pm

Re Off Trail
Jerry - Glad I'm not the only one that is a tad nervous about grizzlies. It was my first time solo in grizzly country and honestly it wasn't that bad except for the hike out. But consider...

August 30, 5:16pm

Re Re Batoning Wood
First I'm with Jerry, I try to pack so that I can survive without a fire even if conditions are bad. I know there are special situations but I try to avoid those. Batoning is a nice optio...

In Philosophy & Technique » Using Knife to Baton Wood
August 29, 6:42pm

Wolves
Sounds like the 11 year old boy that was bitten in Canada (I believe it was Algonquin Park) a while back. In both cases you had a sleeping camper bitten and a wolf driven off after some aggressive...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Teenager wakes up to a wolf chomping his head during a camping trip
August 29, 6:14pm

Lost Creek and other thoughts
+1 on Lost Creek, its a good place. I'd suggesting working up to a higher elevation slowly so no one gets altitude sickness. Since you have a number of people who've never been up ther...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Ideas for family -late spring in Colorado
August 29, 4:54pm

Buck Knives
Buck Knives makes a nice sheath knife with about a 3 inch blade and a skelontonized handle. Can't remember the name but its sold at Walmart for $20-$30 and I bought one for a brother a year or...

In Gear Swap » WTB fixed blade knife
August 28, 9:47pm

Re Re What Can be said
I was in the Teton Wilderness which is completely different from the National Park. Bear canisters not are required. On my second trip there I actually considered a bear canister because of the h...

August 28, 8:18pm

Arguements
Tom I cleared up the dumb typo, yeah those are complex issues. Most moral questions seem to involves some version of "Whats pragmatic" vs. "What's principled." My guess i...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Bear learns how to crack Garcia cans at Yosemite
August 26, 8:42pm

Re Re Bear learns how to crack Garcia cans in Yosimite
""You would rather spare this bear, even though it might result it the taking of an untold number of bears in the future, if this bear does indeed directly or indirectly "teach"...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Bear learns how to crack Garcia cans at Yosemite
August 26, 7:27pm

Don't worry
Michelle I think you're worrying yourself too much over this. Here's my theory. Black bears are not mini-grizzlies. It is almost impossible to provoke a black bear into attacking you, the...

In GEAR » Warding off black bears, what has worked for you??
August 26, 6:49pm

All Reader Reviews by Luke Schmidt

Luke Schmidt has posted no reviews.