BPL Community Profile

Luke Schmidt (Cameron) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale The WOODS
About Me Pursuing Christ, relationships, and adventure in that order. Nicknamed "Chief" because I grew up with a tribe of vegetarian cannibals on a small island off the coast of Iowa.
CityMidland TX
StateTexas
CountryUnited States

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Luke Schmidt

Showing 291 - 300 of 2058 | Page: 1 ...21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ...206

Forum » Thread

Re heat loss sleeping on the ground
The insulation of sleeping pads is called "R-value" I'm not an expert on it, but my (short) blue pad seemed a bit cold when it was in the upper 20s. Of course a full length pad would...

In Gear Lists » Clothing / Sleeping help for Tennessee in October
September 24, 8:03pm

Sleeping Bag
"To clarify...are you saying the Equinox Mummy is too little?" I meant the Equinox Mummy+clothes might be a bit chilly, although definately safe in my opinion. All those clothes+mummy...

September 24, 7:39pm

You should be okay
Just for reference I'll share what I normally carry/wear in similar conditions. Wear -Hiking pants, no long underwear -synthetic t-shirt -wool sweater -Wind shirt -Hat Sleeping -23...

September 24, 6:49pm

Re Carrying Ability
I imagine a HMG pack would be a better bet for weight. Don't get me wrong Chris was great to work with, he made exactly what I asked. The basic design he uses has limitations inherent to that...

In GEAR » Want to give a shout out to Zimmerpacks
September 23, 8:16pm

Re Re Re Re Re Kravauer
Good one Bob!

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » How Chris McCandless Died
September 23, 6:01pm

Re Re Re Krakauer
"Maybe if you aren't a shameless self promoter no one will know about you" Good point Jerry, there' a line between promoting yourself, even if you're obnoxious and being ...

September 23, 5:51pm

Carrying Ability
I also have a Zimmerbuilt pack and like it a lot. I've never carried more then 20 pounds or so on the trail but I've done short hikes with up to 40 pounds in it for testing. The limiting ...

In GEAR » Want to give a shout out to Zimmerpacks
September 23, 5:47pm

Re Krakauer
So if Krakauer is a "Shameless self promoter" does that put another spin on "Three Cups of Deceit"? Just curious.

September 23, 5:20pm

Re gear list
"Ditch the pack cover and compass) I'd take just a small compass and hears why. I know of at least one AT hiker who got careless and started hiking south when he should have been hikin...

In Gear Lists » 2014 AT NOBO gear list
September 22, 2:12pm

Nikon
The Nikon Coolpix 310 might be a good bet. A salesmen at Wolfe Camera (who didn't have it so he had no ulterior motive) told me the Coolpix 310 would give me the best P&S for under $400. ...

In Gear Swap » WTB: Decent point and shoot camera
September 22, 11:29am

All Reader Reviews by Luke Schmidt

Luke Schmidt has posted no reviews.