BPL Community Profile

Luke Schmidt (Cameron) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale The WOODS
About Me Pursuing Christ, relationships, and adventure in that order. Nicknamed "Chief" because I grew up with a tribe of vegetarian cannibals on a small island off the coast of Iowa.
CityMidland TX
StateTexas
CountryUnited States
My Website URLhttp://westtexasmountainman.wordpress.com/

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Luke Schmidt

Showing 291 - 300 of 2078 | Page: 1 ...21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ...208

Forum » Thread

Re Luke Here's a Trip
Thanks for the invite. Unfortunately I'm in Midland now so that's way too long of a drive for me to fit into a weekend off work. Hope you have fun.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » 3 gallons of water in a frameless pack?
October 16, 6:45pm

Meeting dumb people
All these stories have me thinking I'll throw a couple disposable ponchos, a mini bik and an extra mini light in my pack next time. Not much weight gain and they might help someone else out. ...

In Philosophy & Technique » What would you have done?
October 15, 10:08pm

Toe Nails
I had a similar experience once. The problem was one of my toe nails was a bit long and the sharp corner was digging into the next toe. I trimmed the edge of that toenail and the problem went away.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » How to prevent blisters between my third and fourth toes...
October 12, 6:05pm

Cool but not for most people
A year or so ago someone found a similar deal and posted it. Several of us were discussing a group order. Then Ryan Jordan saw the thread and told us all about sewing that stuff. Basically it wo...

In Make Your Own Gear » Pure Spectra/Dyneema fabric for $45/yard
October 11, 6:14pm

What about...
Two questions 1. I'd always heard it was best to stay away from river campsites in Alaska since bears travel up and down the river corridors. Is this not a concern in the northern rockies....

In Editor's Roundtable » Techniques for River Corridor Camping
October 08, 5:30pm

Other Choices
If you don't want to snowshoe you might consider Big Bend, Guadalupe NP, Utah or maybe the Gila Wilderness (might be too much snow there but it would be a better bet then any of the high ranges).

In Pre-Trip Planning » Looking to plan a trip during spring break in mid March somewhere on the west coast. Possible, or too much snow? Suggestions please
October 06, 9:57pm

Camera Ideas
I'm not an expert but a while back I was researching a new camera and I talked to people way smarter then me. A camera enthusiast I know strongly suggested I try the Olympus E-PL3 as an upgrad...

In Photography » camera upgrade questions
October 06, 3:17pm

Re Final List
Looks good, I think you'll be just fine. If I recall that Mtn. Hardware jacket has a hood right? I'd take that plus a warm "beanie" hat for night. Quilts are great but you need...

In Gear Lists » Clothing / Sleeping help for Tennessee in October
October 03, 5:17pm

Re More on the Wal Mart Deal
Glad you scored! By the way if that isn't warm enough Tim Marshell has a thread on quilt seconds he's selling to BPL members only (might need to join they start at $120 and go up from there).

In Gear Swap » WTB Boys 5T gear and some winter gear for dad
September 30, 6:13pm

Absaroka Pack
+1 on the Absaroka if you can find one.

In GEAR » Favorite pack for less than $200?
September 29, 8:15pm

All Reader Reviews by Luke Schmidt

Luke Schmidt has posted no reviews.