Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Barry P (BarryP) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Eastern Idaho (moved from Midwest)
About Me Electrical Engineer by trade. Hobbies include recumbent bike riding, magic, piano, music compostion and of course backpacking.

Backpack monthly with scouts or other small group. Love the exercise and alertness it brings. Ray Way caught my eye in 2001. My load lightened. Because of that, able to go faster, farther, AND still smell the roses. Love the lightweight insight on this forum. I'm also a Teva sandal backpacker. My feet love them.
StateID
My PDF Gear ListBarry's Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Barry P

Showing 291 - 300 of 388 | Page: 1 ...20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39

Forum » Thread

Re: Free $20.00 from backcountry
Got mine Dec 17th. I ordered a First Need cartridge. They shipped it the same day. I don't know how they pick who gets the 'email'. I spent about $130 with them this past year. -B...

In Gear Deals » Free $20.00 from backcountry
December 21, 12:55pm

Re: NeoAir Leak-Down
“I have leak tested it by going over it with a soap solution. No detectable leaks fabric or valve.” I have done this on a Women’s Prolite 4 because it had a real slow leak somewhere. And I...

In GEAR » NeoAir Leak-Down
December 15, 4:10pm

Re: Your best gear of 2009
1. GG Murmur. The pack is made out of Spinnaker with a sit pad; 8.0oz 2. short Neo Air; 9.0oz 3. teva terra fi2 sandals. Never a blister and my feet stay warm or cool depending on my sock. I’m ...

In GEAR » Your best gear of 2009
December 07, 4:04pm

Re: Unique Foot Problem, Got Advice?
“I started off using waterproof boots, and would change my socks once a day.” In this situation, I’ve found that socks need to be diligently changed every hour for a highly sweaty guy. ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Unique Foot Problem, Got Advice?
November 13, 3:44pm

Re: Bug Repellent For Synthetic Clothes
Hikinggranny, “I found that Wind River Range mosquitoes and biting flies everywhere seemed to consider my permethrin-sprayed clothing as an appetizer.” It sounds like you either: 1. Didn...

In GEAR » Bug Repellent for Synthetic Clothes?
November 05, 1:45pm

Re: Ankle rolling
Luke, “The problem is I can't get them to lock my foot in place, when I tried it either didn't work or the strap dug into my foot. Is this just something you have to put up with or am ...

In GEAR » Are hiking boots really needed?
October 30, 3:13pm

Re: Chacos vs. Terra
I noticed several people backpacking in Chacos when I was out in UT this past August. I saw no one in Teva’s except me and my hiking partners. I’ve worn Chacos (Z1) and here’s just my feel...

October 30, 11:39am

Re: Re: Are hiking boots really needed?
“In wetter country I find the wet mud between my feet and the sandal means I have almost zero grip on my sandals, and that can be frightening in some places.” Roger, It sounds like you have...

October 30, 8:44am

re: Group Size Aluminum Bottle Stove
That’s a high center of gravity. How do you keep it balanced out in the field?

In Make Your Own Gear » Group Size Aluminum Bottle Stove
October 29, 3:38pm

Re: Are hiking boots really needed?
For my situation and most people in my hiking group, we’ll say boots are not needed, nor shoes. We wear open-toed sandals. I do wear snow boots for Dec-Jan. I backpack in teva tera fi-2. I’...

October 29, 2:03pm

All Reader Reviews by Barry P

Barry P has posted no reviews.