BPL Community Profile

Barry P (BarryP) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Eastern Idaho (moved from Midwest)
About Me Electrical Engineer by trade. Hobbies include recumbent bike riding, magic, piano, music compostion and of course backpacking.

Backpack monthly with scouts or other small group. Love the exercise and alertness it brings. Ray Way caught my eye in 2001. My load lightened. Because of that, able to go faster, farther, AND still smell the roses. Love the lightweight insight on this forum. I'm also a Teva sandal backpacker. My feet love them.
StateID
My PDF Gear ListBarry's Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Barry P

Showing 291 - 300 of 312 | Page: 1 ...13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32

Forum » Thread

Re: Plush Pads (Outdoor Retailer Summer Market 2008)
“The smallest and lightest pad in this series is the torso-sized extra-small version, measuring twenty by thirty-six inches, and claiming an eight ounce weight.” This is neat. What is its th...

In Editor's Roundtable » Plush Pads (Outdoor Retailer Summer Market 2008)
August 15, 11:21am

Re: Shoes for going around the world! (?)
I would take just 2 footwears. FIRST SHOE: You threw this criteria down: “Building houses….., doing demolition” Not knowing what this entailed, I would feel safer with steel toed sh...

In GEAR » Shoes for going around the world! (?)
July 22, 2:46pm

Re: Sound Advice
When I get in these positions to save money, in the end I am always wishing for the lighter bag that ALSO packs smaller. I thus wish for the WM. I have 4 of their bags and my favorite is the C...

In GEAR » Mountain Hardwear Phantom 32 vs. Western Mountaineering Summerlite
June 09, 9:18am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Filter questions
Hello Richard, “How many gallons were previously processed by this activated carbon filter?” Well, the answer is zero. I used a brand new filter. And it’s not limited to Brita. I had the ...

In GEAR » MSR HyperFlow filter
June 09, 8:05am

Re: Re: Filter questions
“..might you be agreeable to doing a quick test for us? We know that Brita filter contains a carbon element to improve water clarity and taste but it is basically useless against biological conta...

June 06, 3:05pm

Re: Filter questions
If the filter element got damaged, how would you know? I only know of one filter where you can test/check it in the field: The First Need. Are there others? This is done by putting 2 drops of ...

June 04, 11:37am

Re: Superfeet - how many wear them?
“1. Is there a compelling reason to wear Superfeet if you don't have any pre-existing foot problems?” If everything is working great, I wouldn’t touch it. It is so nice to keep gear si...

In GEAR » Superfeet - how many wear them?
June 04, 10:18am

Re: Help me choose a fleece jacket
More ideas for the stew: Fleece is great for it’s breathability. However, my jacket of choice is LIGHTER, WARMER, AND packs smaller, and almost as breathable as fleece. I love the ‘Montbell UL ...

In GEAR » Help me choose a fleece jacket
May 14, 12:49pm

Re: Best UL/SUL BPing Flashlight???
I like my ARC AAA. It has a very smooth beam pattern which is a relief around camp. If I’m not doing night hiking, this is what I take. I clip it to my hat. Battery change is easy. If I am doi...

In GEAR » Best UL/SUL BPing Flashlight???
May 13, 9:05am

Re: No Battery Flashlights
Painful. I will gratefully stub my toes in the dark for 2 hours as I search for spare batteries. These ‘shake’ and wind-up lights I see good as a last resort, and I mean last resort as when ...

In GEAR » No Battery Flashlights
May 12, 1:06pm

All Reader Reviews by Barry P

Barry P has posted no reviews.