Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Tom Lyons (towaly) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Smoky Mtns.
About Me Likes the outdoors.
StateTN
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Tom Lyons

Showing 281 - 290 of 299 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Forum » Thread

interesting
I'm also interested in this material, because I have never heard of its existence before.

In GEAR » Seeking advice on shelters made with metalized, reflective cuben fiber material
September 21, 11:16am

Tarps
I think practice is required with tarps, particularly with getting your pitch suited to your needs. From the sound of things, you probably had that 8x5 Oware tarp pitched just a bit too low, and y...

In GEAR » shelter musings after some experimentation
September 21, 10:27am

Zebralights
Regarding Zebralights, they have a design flaw in the switch of the SC series of pocket lights which has a history of turning on in your pocket, and running the battery dead. If you carry the ligh...

In GEAR » New Zebralights
September 21, 9:57am

Ti Goat pack rifle
I agree that the Titanium Goat Pack Rifle kit for the Crickett .22 rifle is a more effective tool for your purposes. It is "Ultra-Light" and it can go in your pack. I'd like to have...

In Chaff » ultralight revolver
September 21, 6:23am

Looks good!
I like Joe's innovation and practices. He's a talented guy. I need the wide width with the 62" girth for my shoulder size. After looking at the down weights in the bags, I have to ...

In GEAR » Zpacks sleeping bags
September 18, 5:57am

VBL
If you use a VBL layer inside your bag, you can use a fully waterproof bivy bag, and not have to worry about any way you turn, as long as you keep your face out of the water.

In GEAR » Bivy for someone who tosses and turns?
September 13, 6:26am

Re: Re: Re: how do you normally sleep?
I just bought a Gold's Gym plastic work-out suit for 8 bucks at WalMart, and it's completely waterproof and has elastic cuffs, waist, and neck. I'll wear it over my polyester base layer...

In GEAR » VBL Sleep System
September 12, 11:38am

Re: how do you normally sleep?
I'm sort of on the cold sleeper side, especially my feet get cold easily. I wouldn't say that I'm extremely cold sleeping, but I tend in that direction. I'm thinking that if I c...

September 12, 11:09am

VBL Sleep System
I will be trying a new sleep system this year, using VBL technology. Here's the idea from inside-to-outside: 1) Close fitting polyester wicking thin base layer. 2) VBL "Sauna Suit&quo...

September 12, 6:17am

Re: Re: Layering
That's true. Everything is a compromise of some sort. But a good WM 20 degree bag is almost $400, and would weigh 2 pounds or more in microfiber, and my layering system can hit the same temps...

In GEAR » Rationalizing sleep gear
September 09, 9:43am

All Reader Reviews by Tom Lyons

Tom Lyons has posted no reviews.