BPL Community Profile

Mike W (skopeo) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale British Columbia
About Me I enjoy fly fishing, backpacking and hiking... and although my pace has slowed down a little over the years, I find that I'm not in such a hurry anymore anyway.
CountryCanada

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Mike W

Showing 281 - 290 of 1109 | Page: 1 ...20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ...111

Forum » Thread

It's a compromise...
Unfortunately, we are at a time when technologies are slowly merging and you have to pick what works best for how you travel. My son has just bought a camera that has a GPS built into it. It...

In GEAR » Android + Backcountry Navigator vs Garmin GPS devices.
December 26, 5:29pm

Photo of the thief...
After writing my story above, I vaguely recalled that my hiking partner snapped a shot of the thief. Found this photo in an old album... a bit fuzzy but maybe his hand was shaking. This event go...

In Philosophy & Technique » Having food stolen
December 24, 1:05am

Having food stolen
Many years ago (in the Rockies), I had a black bear clean my cook pot for me. We had just finished cooking dinner when it began to rain heavily. We quickly divided the dinner into our bowls and r...

In Philosophy & Technique » Having food stolen
December 22, 12:41am

Ibuprofen risk
>> exercise and manual therapy, NOT crap interventions like ultrasound or electrical stimulation << Oh, I really smiled at that one :)! I've long been a believer that if you ...

In Philosophy & Technique » Ibuprofen risk
December 17, 1:33am

GPS Question
>> A coordinate system, a projection, and a datum are all different things << Actually, a datum and a map projection are coordinate systems. None-the-less, I think we are all sayi...

In GEAR » GPS Question
December 10, 12:55am

GPS Question
Scott is correct that you should be able to flip between projections and datums without any loss of ground accuracy as long as your projection and datum agree with the map you are referencing. I...

In GEAR » GPS Question
December 08, 10:08pm

Montbell sleeping bag question
Andrew - For clarification, the redistribution of down that I'm referring to is in each of the sealed tubes, especially at the widest (most stretchy) part of the bag. No, our bags do not al...

In GEAR » Montbell sleeping bag question
November 29, 2:34pm

Montbell sleeping bag question
I have the #3 (newer model) and my son has the older model #3 and we really like them. When you say that the baffles are completely devoid of down, that would be a serious manufacturing gaff that...

In GEAR » Montbell sleeping bag question
November 29, 1:15pm

Tarptent Stratospire solid inner?
Thanks Franco, that's what I was hoping you would say. I did a lot of searching on the web, trying to find out what material was used for the solid inner but can't find it anywhere. It ...

In GEAR » Tarptent Stratospire solid inner?
November 26, 11:22am

Tarptent Stratospire solid inner?
Is the solid portion of the inner made of silnylon or is it a breathable fabric? It's really hard to tell in the photo on Tarptents website and the description doesn't say what the solid p...

In GEAR » Tarptent Stratospire solid inner?
November 25, 11:00pm

All Reader Reviews by Mike W

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Mountain Laurel Designs Burn (2010)
I've had my MLD Burn for a while now and find it very easy to give this pack top marks in all categories. I was looking for a good weekend pack (2-3 day duration) and was having a tough time findi...

In Backpacks - Frameless
June 19, 6:04pm