BPL Community Profile

Mike W (skopeo) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale British Columbia
About Me I enjoy fly fishing, backpacking and hiking... and although my pace has slowed down a little over the years, I find that I'm not in such a hurry anymore anyway.
CountryCanada

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Mike W

Showing 281 - 290 of 1102 | Page: 1 ...20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ...111

Forum » Thread

Montbell sleeping bag question
I have the #3 (newer model) and my son has the older model #3 and we really like them. When you say that the baffles are completely devoid of down, that would be a serious manufacturing gaff that...

In GEAR » Montbell sleeping bag question
November 29, 1:15pm

Tarptent Stratospire solid inner?
Thanks Franco, that's what I was hoping you would say. I did a lot of searching on the web, trying to find out what material was used for the solid inner but can't find it anywhere. It ...

In GEAR » Tarptent Stratospire solid inner?
November 26, 11:22am

Tarptent Stratospire solid inner?
Is the solid portion of the inner made of silnylon or is it a breathable fabric? It's really hard to tell in the photo on Tarptents website and the description doesn't say what the solid p...

In GEAR » Tarptent Stratospire solid inner?
November 25, 11:00pm

Love this sign!
From one of our coastal trails... fast packing may be required!

In Chaff » Love this sign!
November 22, 12:56pm

Where are the new Backpackinglight articles?
>> I'm a non-member in less than a week after 6 plus years. I simply can't take the non committal approach by Ryan Jordan. << The movement is growing... or is it just the Can...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Where are the new Backpackinglight articles?
October 19, 12:32am

Big Agnes Fly Creek 2 Platinum Tent Review
"1) Vertical rain/snow falls straight in the door." I agree that this is a non-issue. I've been using this tent design for years (Seedhouse and Fly Creek). A simple solution is t...

In Editor's Roundtable » Big Agnes Fly Creek 2 Platinum Tent Review
October 17, 3:57pm

Favorite piece of gear - Fall 2012 edition
I'm surprised to be writing this since I have rarely carried a phone while backpacking or fly fishing. That changed this year when I bought a Lifeproof case for my iPhone. The case only ...

In GEAR » Favorite piece of gear - Fall 2012 edition
October 16, 2:58pm

rain jacket...
If you want a bomber rain jacket for $100 check out the Montbell Thunder Pass jacket. This is a full featured rain jacket (pitzips, pockets, great hood) and the only downside is the weight (whic...

In GEAR » In the market for a rain jacket specifically for over a down jacket.
October 16, 2:28pm

Icy Feet
Why are you trying to avoid down booties? My Feathered Friends down booties have the advantage of a removable down inner boot that can be carried separately or can be combined with the water-res...

In GEAR » Icy feet
October 10, 12:00pm

Testing dry bags
A few years ago I did a back yard test on a couple of dry bags. The idea being that if I fell in during a creek crossing, the bags would be submerged (under pressure) for a short period of time. ...

In GEAR » Leaking silnyl drybags??
October 10, 8:24am

All Reader Reviews by Mike W

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Mountain Laurel Designs Burn (2010)
I've had my MLD Burn for a while now and find it very easy to give this pack top marks in all categories. I was looking for a good weekend pack (2-3 day duration) and was having a tough time findi...

In Backpacks - Frameless
June 19, 6:04pm