BPL Community Profile

Mike W (skopeo) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale British Columbia
About Me I enjoy fly fishing, backpacking and hiking... and although my pace has slowed down a little over the years, I find that I'm not in such a hurry anymore anyway.
CountryCanada

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Mike W

Showing 281 - 290 of 1104 | Page: 1 ...20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ...111

Forum » Thread

GPS Question
Scott is correct that you should be able to flip between projections and datums without any loss of ground accuracy as long as your projection and datum agree with the map you are referencing. I...

In GEAR » GPS Question
December 08, 10:08pm

Montbell sleeping bag question
Andrew - For clarification, the redistribution of down that I'm referring to is in each of the sealed tubes, especially at the widest (most stretchy) part of the bag. No, our bags do not al...

In GEAR » Montbell sleeping bag question
November 29, 2:34pm

Montbell sleeping bag question
I have the #3 (newer model) and my son has the older model #3 and we really like them. When you say that the baffles are completely devoid of down, that would be a serious manufacturing gaff that...

In GEAR » Montbell sleeping bag question
November 29, 1:15pm

Tarptent Stratospire solid inner?
Thanks Franco, that's what I was hoping you would say. I did a lot of searching on the web, trying to find out what material was used for the solid inner but can't find it anywhere. It ...

In GEAR » Tarptent Stratospire solid inner?
November 26, 11:22am

Tarptent Stratospire solid inner?
Is the solid portion of the inner made of silnylon or is it a breathable fabric? It's really hard to tell in the photo on Tarptents website and the description doesn't say what the solid p...

In GEAR » Tarptent Stratospire solid inner?
November 25, 11:00pm

Love this sign!
From one of our coastal trails... fast packing may be required!

In Chaff » Love this sign!
November 22, 12:56pm

Where are the new Backpackinglight articles?
>> I'm a non-member in less than a week after 6 plus years. I simply can't take the non committal approach by Ryan Jordan. << The movement is growing... or is it just the Can...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Where are the new Backpackinglight articles?
October 19, 12:32am

Big Agnes Fly Creek 2 Platinum Tent Review
"1) Vertical rain/snow falls straight in the door." I agree that this is a non-issue. I've been using this tent design for years (Seedhouse and Fly Creek). A simple solution is t...

In Editor's Roundtable » Big Agnes Fly Creek 2 Platinum Tent Review
October 17, 3:57pm

Favorite piece of gear - Fall 2012 edition
I'm surprised to be writing this since I have rarely carried a phone while backpacking or fly fishing. That changed this year when I bought a Lifeproof case for my iPhone. The case only ...

In GEAR » Favorite piece of gear - Fall 2012 edition
October 16, 2:58pm

rain jacket...
If you want a bomber rain jacket for $100 check out the Montbell Thunder Pass jacket. This is a full featured rain jacket (pitzips, pockets, great hood) and the only downside is the weight (whic...

In GEAR » In the market for a rain jacket specifically for over a down jacket.
October 16, 2:28pm

All Reader Reviews by Mike W

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Mountain Laurel Designs Burn (2010)
I've had my MLD Burn for a while now and find it very easy to give this pack top marks in all categories. I was looking for a good weekend pack (2-3 day duration) and was having a tough time findi...

In Backpacks - Frameless
June 19, 6:04pm