BPL Community Profile

Richard Nisley (richard295) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale San Francisco Bay Area
About Me My outdoor hobbies include hiking, mountain biking, canoeing, kayaking, snow shoeing, skiing, fishing, and hunting. I enjoy continuously refining my equipment and techniques with the emphasis on less weight and volume.
CitySan Carlos
StateCA
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListProtocol B Aging Chart Source Detail

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Richard Nisley

Showing 281 - 290 of 1566 | Page: 1 ...20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ...157

Forum » Thread

Re: Light but warm women's down jacket?
Jen, For the criteria you specified, you need approximately 6 oz. of 800 fill. This will allow a typical women to be thermo neutral doing camp chores at 30F when sheltered from the wind. There i...

In GEAR » Light but warm women's down jacket?
May 30, 10:21pm

Re: Your own kind of dumb: Bob Open DNF report
A very well written piece balancing what you experienced both physically and emotionally! Thanks.

In Post-Trip Reports » Your own kind of dumb: Bob Open DNF report
May 28, 10:11pm

Re: Third installment
Great pictures and text of your adventure... thank you for sharing.

In Post-Trip Reports » Piru-Maniacs: Three Back to Back (to Back) Trips Through the Piru Creek Watershed; Ventura County Backcountry
May 27, 9:38am

Re: Re: Re: m50
Tim, When did "new" M90 replace "old" M90. Were you given any change in the description of the M90 fabrics? On 3/30/11 I tested samples of TG Intrepid, TH Momentum 90 MR, ...

In GEAR » Down Bag and Bivvy
May 12, 4:34pm

Re: Patagonia Houdini treated with permethrin...and other fun stuff
Neil, Yes... see http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/thread_display.html?forum_thread_id=60423&skip_to_post=517000#517000

In GEAR » Patagonia Houdini treated with permethrin...and other fun stuff
May 01, 12:29pm

Re: Nest 5
Paypal payment sent.

In Gear Swap » WTB Golite Shangri La 5 Nest
April 20, 12:10am

Re: Nest 5
Please email me if the original deal doesn't go through. I am also looking for a SL5 nest.

In Gear Swap » WTB Golite Shangri La 5 Nest
April 19, 3:55pm

There should be only minor durability loss when using lighter sleeping pad fabrics
Ty, You asked, "Is 75D fabric 5 times stronger than 15D fabric?" No, it is only about 2.24x as strong; 15 denier nylon (1.2 g/cm3) yarn is .0227 cm in diameter and the 75 denier ny...

In GEAR » Inflatable pad durability vs fabric thickness
April 09, 11:08pm

Re: Colors
Kevin, +1 http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/thread_display.html?forum_thread_id=58954&skip_to_post=512288#512288

In Editor's Roundtable » Storm Resistance of Ultralight Shelters: Part 1, Introduction
April 08, 11:14pm

Re: Re: Yup
Nathan, What were the specifics of how you ordered your XTherm?

In GEAR » FYI - Therm-a-rest Neoair X-Lite Women's is now available @ REI
April 07, 1:24pm

All Reader Reviews by Richard Nisley

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Lite my fire firesteel scout firelighter
I went back to the Midwest, this month, for a family reunion and fishing trip. I took my fire steel with me. My two nephews are 10 and 12 and they love to fish. The 12 year old asked me if I would tea...

In Cookware - Other
July 21, 1:37pm

Jetboil Personal Cooking System
My piezo failed after a couple of days. It took one second to fix it by bending down the ignitor rod to make a slightly smaller gap (1/8" smaller). I then used it in Alaska for 1 1/2 months twice a da...

In Stoves - Canister
August 25, 5:17pm