Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Daniel Pittman (pitsy) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Central Texas
About Me Born: Mississippi. Raised: Houston. Boy Scouts, BMX, camping. Navy: Great Lakes, Orlando, Norfolk, Guantanamo, San Diego. Hitch-hiked from S.D. to NYC. Bike shops. Moved to: Austin, then Round Rock. Made a baby with: Melissa McChristian. Favorite place: Grand Teton. Favorite animal: Black Bear.
CityRound Rock
StateTX
CountryUnited States of America
My Website URLhttps://www.facebook.com/daniel.pittman.108

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Daniel Pittman

Showing 281 - 290 of 297 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Forum » Thread

Sawyer Point ZeroTWO
Sawyer's Point ZeroTWO filters out viruses. It's a little slow as a gravity filter, but it's all you need. If you can keep your drinking water from freezing, you can keep your filter ...

In GEAR » Water treatment
April 07, 8:56pm

Re: Something seriously wrong
"I spent Saturday night having an argument with a friend of mine about schrader vs presta valves for a mountain bike. And I enjoyed it." Presta is only required for skinny road-bike ri...

In Gear Lists » Thoughts on Rain Gear (JMT)
April 06, 2:01pm

Re: But what is the question?
That's 54

In Website & Forum Admin/Support » Why is only the last page of a thread is available
April 06, 12:47pm

*reaches for popcorn*
This is the best show I've seen in weeks! Keep up the good work. My $0.02, An openly gay friend of mine disclosed his previously secret HIV pos status to me, privately, before a group of us...

In GEAR » Adventure Medical Kits
April 04, 11:19pm

Re: Re: Pack Size
That's good advice, and another reason I like tarps. Very easy to strike camp and get moving when it's cold or rainy. Wet tarp and ground sheet goes in exterior pack pocket or mesh panel,...

In GEAR » Need help for my 1P tent.
April 04, 2:35pm

Tarp?
I like the Big Agnes Fly Creek for a light tent, but I worry about ripping the floor. Any reason you're not considering a tarp? For me, it's lighter, easier, more versatile, and condensat...

In GEAR » Need help for my 1P tent.
April 04, 11:48am

Re: WIND RIVER BEAR CANISTER?
Yeah, they need to update their information. For the sake of the bears, we need to go above and beyond the required precautions. Maybe something like a bear-canister-tazer, so they really learn t...

In Pre-Trip Planning » WIND RIVER BEAR CANISTER?
April 03, 11:58pm

Any secondary uses for the Instaflator?
I know it's Hella light and all, but I'm always trying to avoid single-purpose items.

In GEAR » XTherm: use the included pump sack or lungs?
March 31, 4:48pm

Re: Roll top closure, where to get plastic strip?
Fat zip-ties from a bike shop. Lots of bikes come packed from the factory with foam padding attached to the frame with fat zip-ties. Just call a shop and ask the bike-builder to save a few long o...

In Make Your Own Gear » Roll top closure, where to get plastic strip?
March 30, 11:47pm

Re: XTherm: use the included pump sack or lungs?
This is what I use and it rocks. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3ecMAIfkts I'm guessing it could be modified to work with any pad. Or you could make your own. I also use mine as a stuf...

In GEAR » XTherm: use the included pump sack or lungs?
March 30, 11:32pm

All Reader Reviews by Daniel Pittman

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

MSR Titan Kettle
Use it with a fancy feast stove. Cut a wind-screen as tall as will fit inside the kettle. Store your stove, matches, mini bic, fuel, bandana, olive oil, s&p, Dr. Bronner's, etc. inside it. ...

In Cookware - Titanium
May 26, 10:37pm