Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Daniel Pittman (pitsy) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Central Texas
About Me Born: Mississippi. Raised: Houston. Boy Scouts, BMX, camping. Navy: Great Lakes, Orlando, Norfolk, Guantanamo, San Diego. Hitch-hiked from S.D. to NYC. Bike shops. Moved to: Austin, then Round Rock. Made a baby with: Melissa McChristian. Favorite place: Grand Teton. Favorite animal: Black Bear.
CityRound Rock
CountryUnited States of America
My Website URL

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Daniel Pittman

Showing 281 - 290 of 323 | Page: 1 ...14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33

Forum » Thread

Here's how that should've went down...
"Surely you mean a taut line hitch." Whatever, spelling Nazi, and don't call me Shirley.

In Philosophy & Technique » Knots
April 17, 6:14pm

Handy knots
Alpine Butterfly Loop Dragon Bowline One-handed Bowline All manner of pin and spar hitches Lashing techniques

In Philosophy & Technique » Knots
April 16, 1:36am

On the other hand....
Production of synthetic insulation certainly damages the environment. A good down bag, properly cared for, will last a long time. I'm glad we're having this discussion; the ethics of ...

In GEAR » First impressions: Tundra ethical sleeping bag model Pure-0
April 16, 1:22am

What to do about 'coons...
They make great winter hats!

In GEAR » Raccoons...
April 15, 3:48pm

Reasonable offers....
Well, for $18 I'd probably just keep it. I'm just looking to raise some money to help pay for my baby boy on the way. It was $250 new. It's not new anymore, so cut that in half for a...

In Gear Swap » FS: Arc'teryx Gamma AR jacket, black medium mens
April 15, 3:46pm

Deal fell through. Arc'teryx Gamma AR jacket still available!
Jumped the gun a bit on that one... It's still up for grabs. No reasonable offers refused!

April 15, 3:09pm

PM Sent
Offer accepted. PM sent.

April 15, 1:39pm

Re: Also very intrested in this
Daniel, I would think that your theory would hold up closer to popular trails and campsites where bears have an easier time finding unprotected human food. The further out you get from the campsit...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Bears in Oregon
April 14, 11:41pm

Re: Re: Hollow log
No way! Bears look for grubs in hollow logs. I don't want a bear thinking I'm the biggest grub ever!

In GEAR » Does Clothing Count?
April 13, 10:57pm

Hollow log
All you white people with your DNA testing. Ask any Kiowa where his tribe came from, and he'll tell you they came out into the world from a hollow log. And if you think that's weird, ask ...

In GEAR » Does Clothing Count?
April 13, 10:28pm

All Reader Reviews by Daniel Pittman

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

MSR Titan Kettle
Use it with a fancy feast stove. Cut a wind-screen as tall as will fit inside the kettle. Store your stove, matches, mini bic, fuel, bandana, olive oil, s&p, Dr. Bronner's, etc. inside it. ...

In Cookware - Titanium
May 26, 10:37pm