BPL Community Profile

Nick Gatel (ngatel) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Southern California
About Me Started backpacking in the 1960's and still going strong.
CityPalm Springs
StateCA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.popupbackpacker.com
My PDF Gear ListSub 4 lb

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Nick Gatel

Showing 281 - 290 of 5368 | Page: 1 ...20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ...537

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Feeling safe and secure
Often relationships require compromises. If my wife enjoyed exactly the same things as me, the marriage might get boring. She will never, ever be willing to sleep on the ground. She is thrilled to ...

In Philosophy & Technique » helping girlfriend reduce weight - personal fears
January 08, 9:57am

Re: Best ABC watch for off trail travels
"Obviously the compass part of watch is not necessary but typically are part of these style watches." I just use the squiggly lines on my map to determine the altitude. ;)

In GEAR » Best ABC watch for off trail travels
January 07, 2:52pm

Re: Link to video
Fantastic!

In Photography » Got my mountain lion pictures!!! I did it!!
January 07, 1:23pm

Re: Re: Re: How to Blog?
Kat, WordPress is pretty flexible. You can make it look like a typical website, even though it is blog software. You can get free "Plug-ins" and "Widgets" to enhance your ...

In Other Activities » How to Blog?
January 07, 12:38pm

Repair Kit?
Small piece of duct tape. A patch if I bring an air mattress.

In GEAR » Your Repair Kit Contents
January 07, 12:00pm

"This is BPL, where's the BPing Gear?"
This is a question I might have asked up until a year or two ago. But I have learned that many folks here, like me, have other outdoor interests. This is good, because who wants to talk to backpack...

In Editor's Roundtable » 2013 Staff Picks
January 07, 11:55am

Re: Christmas gear
The important people in my life got MountainGoat Hats -- Thanks, Kat! My wife also got 4 titanium straws for the camper. I got no gear, because I don't need any new stuff.

In GEAR » Interesting Gear under the Tree for You or Significant Others?
January 07, 11:28am

Re: Consensus
Conversations like this are always good. As a species we measure things and that is how we communicate. It is ironic that Roger, the scientist, doesn't want to categorize weight classifications...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » I say let's decide on a general consensus of Ultralight definitions and terms.
January 07, 11:22am

Re: Exploring the Canyon of the Little Colorado
Matt, What a wonderful trip report. Be careful, the area is starting to cause an addiction :) Regarding your question about the rock art. We had a conversation here on BPL a couple years ago....

In Post-Trip Reports » Exploring the Canyon of the Little Colorado
January 07, 11:08am

Re: Questions about heel-to-toe drop in footwear
Heel-toe drop isn't going to cause a lot of problems for most people. It is more of a minimalist philosophy. What matters for most is a proper fitting shoe. To be honest, if your feet are...

In GEAR » Questions about heel-to-toe drop in footwear
January 06, 1:45pm

All Reader Reviews by Nick Gatel

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

BPL Beartooth Merino Wool Hoody
Cool enough in 82F weather, warm in cool weather. Hood replaces light cap and light baclava. One piece of gear replaces several single items! Sizing is not 'standard.' But... if you review ...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - WOOL
March 09, 11:38pm

ULA Equipment
5/5 It seems that from earlier reviews, ULA has solved the communication issues with the addition of Casey to the staff, which must have solved that void. Not only was the communication great (t...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
February 23, 1:49am