BPL Community Profile

Nick Gatel (ngatel) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Southern California
About Me Started backpacking in the 1960's and still going strong.
CityPalm Springs
StateCA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.popupbackpacker.com
My PDF Gear ListSub 4 lb

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Nick Gatel

Showing 281 - 290 of 5284 | Page: 1 ...20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ...529

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: sand running
Dang, you were surfing in that? Gotta be a least 20' ?

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » 3rd Annual BPL Spring Run -Zion Training Thread
December 06, 12:42pm

Re: microspike, crampon suggestions.
Really depends on the conditions. The Kahtoola aluminum crampons don't weigh much more than the microspikes. They dull quickly on rocks. In winter I use the crampons more frequently and a glad ...

In GEAR » microspike, crampon suggestions.
December 06, 10:12am

Re: Who in So Cal is going out this COLD weekend?
Folks in other parts of the country must be laughing :)

In Winter Hiking » Who in So Cal is going out this COLD weekend?
December 06, 10:00am

Re: Re: FS: Consolidated FS post of numerous items
Gosh, Doug you are going to end up with enough extra change to buy that chick-magnet Range Rover :)

In Gear Swap » FS: Consolidated FS post of numerous items
December 05, 8:41pm

Re: Hmmm, suspicious info source
I gave up on GPS years ago, after a brief trial, when I figured out that some terrestrial form in North Twentynine Palms was playing with the signal. I decided it would be much more difficult fo...

In GEAR » More Garmin woes
December 05, 8:35pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: cold weather performance upright canister
"whadaya think guys?" Inverted canister stove or WG gas stove. We can end the debate and go hiking :)

In Philosophy & Technique » cold weather performance upright canister
December 05, 8:29pm

Re: Re: Which Pencil for the JMT?
Au contraire, Stephen... I dutifully documented and weighed the JMT Pencil Solution in true BPL fashion, recording statistics in both grams and ounces in the link provided earlier. Here it is ag...

In GEAR » Which Pencil for the JMT?
December 05, 8:25pm

Re: Re: Mechanical pencils
Why read the book? Mr. Rees will personally sharpen my pencils for only $35 each. A much better deal than a Faux-dini that doesn't fit. BTW, I did read about him and viewed his documentary ...

In GEAR » Which Pencil for the JMT?
December 05, 7:18pm

Re: Re: Tram Shoeing
It looks like you have been getting a lot of trips in! Good for you!!

In Winter Hiking » Who in So Cal is going out this COLD weekend?
December 05, 6:07pm

Re: Good idea, Dale.
"I am now officially available for marriage on BPL for tax benefits and more permanent hiking partners." Max, I hate to break this to you, but the last time I checked a married couple ...

In Gear Swap » WTT: Handheld noisemaker for backpacking gear
December 05, 5:43pm

All Reader Reviews by Nick Gatel

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

BPL Beartooth Merino Wool Hoody
Cool enough in 82F weather, warm in cool weather. Hood replaces light cap and light baclava. One piece of gear replaces several single items! Sizing is not 'standard.' But... if you review ...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - WOOL
March 09, 11:38pm

ULA Equipment
5/5 It seems that from earlier reviews, ULA has solved the communication issues with the addition of Casey to the staff, which must have solved that void. Not only was the communication great (t...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
February 23, 1:49am