BPL Community Profile

John S. (jshann) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale John S. hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Originally from Louisiana, I enjoyed camping in my Boy Scouting days and eventually became an Eagle Scout. Many years later (2002), I discovered backpacking after going on an REI multisport trip to Alaska. My first backpack was to Grand Canyon, and I was hooked!
CityDallas
StateTexas
CountryU.S.A.
My Website URLhttp://tinyurl.com/2rr6nx
My PDF Gear ListSample Gearlist

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by John S.

Showing 281 - 290 of 3664 | Page: 1 ...20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ...367

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: MLD adding trekking poles to their site.
Think you are probably right Link.

In GEAR » MLD adding trekking poles to their site.
August 09, 6:14pm

Re: Blue Desert Smart Tube
http://www.backpackgeartest.org/reviews/Hydration%20Systems/Bottles/Blue%20Desert%20SmarTube/ It was discussed in these forums back in 2009. Search smartube.

In GEAR » Blue Desert Smart Tube
August 09, 5:51pm

Re: How do I deal with my fear?
In your case Sarah, if it were me, I would not hike without your significant other until the child is older (if he is on the hike). You could get wilderness first aid training to give more confiden...

In Philosophy & Technique » How do I deal with my fear?
August 09, 5:48pm

Re: Sharing space?
In 2006 I was in Glacier NP. At camp we first went to hang our food as the protocol was. Because my shelter was lightweight, more than one wanted to borrow it to tie their bear line to and throw it...

In GEAR » Sharing space?
August 05, 4:30pm

Re: Four Pass Loop Bear Protection
http://www.fs.usda.gov/Internet/FSE_DOCUMENTS/stelprdb5422606.pdf

In Pre-Trip Planning » Four Pass Loop Bear Protection
August 05, 4:02pm

Re: Four Pass Loop Bear Protection
Review the official website and call the rangers. I hear there are food handling requirements, either canister or proper food hang.

In Pre-Trip Planning » Four Pass Loop Bear Protection
August 05, 3:28am

Re: New Packraft by Advanced Elements
Cool. It should track a little better than shorter boats? I wouldn't expect much better though.

In Packrafting » New Packraft by Advanced Elements
August 04, 11:19am

Re: Looking for a lighter sleeping bag liner
Doubtful, but you could ask one of the cottage guys what a sack made of the latest breathable fabrics might weigh. It would be close to that weight.

In GEAR » Looking for a lighter sleeping bag liner
August 03, 6:29pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Favorite REPUROPSED Containers...
That is awesome Sharon. I am afraid to pull out my hoarded containers for show..lol. I bet there are others that do this for sure.

In GEAR » Favorite REPUROPSED Containers...
August 03, 2:50pm

Re: .
Start a kickstarter project!

In Gear Swap » Wanted PIF - Sub 6lb 2-3 Person Tent
August 03, 3:21am

All Reader Reviews by John S.

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

GoLite Dawn
I have had this pack for several years and have taken it on multiple backpacks ranging from 2 days to 6 days. My pack weights have been over 15 pounds a few times with no problems. The materials and w...

In Backpacks - Frameless
May 09, 12:05pm