BPL Community Profile

John S. (jshann) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale John S. hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Originally from Louisiana, I enjoyed camping in my Boy Scouting days and eventually became an Eagle Scout. Many years later (2002), I discovered backpacking after going on an REI multisport trip to Alaska. My first backpack was to Grand Canyon, and I was hooked!
CityDallas
StateTexas
CountryU.S.A.
My Website URLhttp://tinyurl.com/2rr6nx
My PDF Gear ListSample Gearlist

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by John S.

Showing 281 - 290 of 3704 | Page: 1 ...20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ...371

Forum » Thread

Re: Gear to protect against THE most deadly backcountry beastie...
Worldwide would be the mosquito. "The WHO estimates that in 2010 there were 219 million cases of malaria resulting in 660,000 deaths,[78] equivalent to roughly 2000 deaths every day."

In GEAR » Gear to protect against THE most deadly backcountry beastie...
September 19, 5:16pm

Re: New Sawyer 2014 MINI Filter on Sale
What is the retail price? Looking around the web it appears to be $24.99 retail, with free shipping (weeks) on Ebay.

In Gear Deals » New Sawyer 2014 MINI Filter on Sale
September 19, 8:21am

Re: Re: camp/water shoes
Does Ryan make a pair that can be worn with regular socks on (not toe socks) so I don't have to expose my dirty feets before I wash them in the evening before bed? Or, can those be worn with...

In GEAR » camp/water shoes
September 17, 9:49am

Re: Re: Chafing Prevention
To me, longer boxer briefs would be for thigh-thigh chafing. If the chafing is higher on groin as Daryl describes, it seems a slightly tighter brief should be tried, maybe along with some cream or ...

In GEAR » Chafing Prevention
September 15, 9:05pm

Re: Born to walk
Agree with that.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Why barefoot isn't best for most runners
September 15, 8:57pm

Re: camp/water shoes
http://www.sprintaquatics.com/prodinfo.asp?number=900

In GEAR » camp/water shoes
September 15, 5:54pm

Re: Chafing Prevention
www.spanx.com

In GEAR » Chafing Prevention
September 15, 1:24pm

Re: Boulder floods
I just got word that my first cousin and her husband from Jamestown are safe and sound. We'd been trying to find them for a couple of days.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » BREAKING NEWS: 2 HIKERS STRANDED ON LONGS PEAK
September 15, 10:45am

Re: BREAKING NEWS: 2 HIKERS STRANDED ON LONGS PEAK
Wonder what they were doing up there in this weather.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » BREAKING NEWS: 2 HIKERS STRANDED ON LONGS PEAK
September 13, 1:15pm

How Chris McCandless Died
http://www.newyorker.com/online/blogs/books/2013/09/how-chris-mccandless-died.html Seems like the case is closed on what incapacitated him. The immediate cause of death being starvation probably...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » How Chris McCandless Died
September 13, 11:28am

All Reader Reviews by John S.

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

GoLite Dawn
I have had this pack for several years and have taken it on multiple backpacks ranging from 2 days to 6 days. My pack weights have been over 15 pounds a few times with no problems. The materials and w...

In Backpacks - Frameless
May 09, 12:05pm