J W (jhaura) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale www.Trailability.com
About Me http://www.facebook.com/JhauraWachsman
CityOjai
StateCA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://Trailability.com
My PDF Gear ListJhaura's 3 Season, Sub-5, Updated Feb 16, 2012

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by J W

Showing 281 - 290 of 591 | Page: 1 ...20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ...60

Forum » Thread

Re: Hiking In Cold Rain
Pete, If I understand you correctly, you were only referring to the hiking part of the trip and not the potential wet weather and down stuff, but mainly what to wear while moving. If that is ...

In Philosophy & Technique » Hiking In Cold Rain
March 13, 8:42pm

Pertex Quantum vs Taffeta as Liner
I'm debating which liner material to use an a new quilt I have on order. The outer will be pertex quantum and the inner can be either pertex quantum 1.0 oz or taffeta 1.3 oz. I would like to...

In GEAR » Pertex Quantum vs Taffeta as Liner
March 13, 8:13pm

Re: Tips for Klearwater/Aqua Mira Usage
I queried the Klearwater manufacturer for some tips and received this response: For breath and oral care KlearWater is used 1 ml in 20 ml. swish and gargle for 30 seconds. The results are quite ...

In Multiple Use Gear » Chlorine Dioxide Multiuse
March 12, 4:53pm

Chlorine Dioxide Multiuse
I'm learning more about the multi use qualities of Chlorine Dioxide in the form of Klearwater or Aqua Mira liquids, and would like to poll BPLers about your uses for this item. For example, I&#...

In Multiple Use Gear » Chlorine Dioxide Multiuse
March 10, 7:20pm

Re: Gear Weight Calculator
Cool, I'll try it out. I have one built already too, but have not made the public interface yet. It allows unlimited categories with subcategories. For example, category: Base Weight and then s...

In Gear Lists » Gear Weight Calculator
March 07, 9:13pm

Re: Marmot Bag Updates - Good?
All bad in IMHO, there is a reason the old pertex halfzips are coveted. Too bad these companies can't recognize a good thing and stick with it.

In GEAR » Marmot Bag Updates - Good?
March 02, 2:46pm

Re: minimum tarp size for bivvy-less camping
Ditto, 7x9, but maybe taper the tail to 5 or 6 feet. Still flat for multi-pitch, but save an ounce.

In Make Your Own Gear » minimum tarp size for bivvy-less camping
March 01, 11:38am

Re: quilt+clothing in winter - bivy too??
Jeremy, Are you a side or back/stomach sleeper? At temps below 45* I cannot use a quilt at all as I am a side sleeper and skinny. Even with a quilt that has straps, I fully cinch them up and tha...

In GEAR » quilt+clothing in winter - bivy too??
March 01, 9:47am

Re: All Practical Backpacking Members!!!!
As far as I know that dictator over there won't allow you to reg without one. If you succeed your account is promptly deleted. Maybe contact them to see if there are any alternatives, and let u...

In Chaff » All Practical Backpacking Members!!!!
February 29, 10:11pm

In Gear Swap » FS or TRADE: MLD eVent Bivy
February 29, 10:49am

All Reader Reviews by J W

Showing 1 - 7 of 7 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Titanium Goat Adjustable CF Trekking Poles
Just received these poles so this is a pre-trip review. Superb craftsmanship, super light and exactly what I would have made if I could do it myself. The adjustable mechanism is easy to use and ...

In Trekking Poles
July 04, 10:45pm

Mountain Laurel Designs Zip Pack
The perfect balance between light weight and durability with features like side pockets, padded shoulder straps and dyneema spectra grid fabric, all for under 10 oz. I have a second generation one,...

In Backpacks - Frameless
June 25, 7:10pm

Patagonia Men's Wool 2 Crew long sleeve
I love this shirt more than any other I own. The only problem is the durability. I'm on my second one and have had numorous holes 1/8" to 1/4" in diameter pop up all over on both. Also, ...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - WOOL
June 25, 11:43am

Adventure Medical Kits Heatsheets Emergency Bivvy
Rating 4/5 because the construction was under par. They use tape to form the bivy shape from a single piece of material. The tape job was sloppy with some holes in the bottom. Other than that a great ...

In First Aid and Survival Gear & Accessories
December 18, 12:05pm

Gossamer Gear
Thumbs up to GG. They don't make a lot of items, rather a few quality niche packs and other gear. I really like their sourcing of other industry items and presenting them for backpacking, such as the ...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
November 29, 7:38pm

Gossamer Gear G6 Whisper
Initial Review Oct 2006: Out of the box I love it, light as a feather, VERY well made and sized perfect for my intended use. I really like the shape, it's like a slim aerodynamic sled. GG's products a...

In Backpacks - Frameless
October 16, 8:00pm

Backpacking Light Ti Esbit stove
Just got mine in the mail and tinkered with it a bit. Like the previous reviewer, the rivet looks very suspect. I will write more after some use. Drilled the rivet out to remove the pan. The pan we...

In Stoves - Other
August 16, 8:03pm