Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Eric Noble (ericnoble) - BPL Professional Member

My Locale Colorado Rockies
About Me I'm 45 years old, 6'4" and 195 lbs. I've backpacked in the Colorado Rockies, the Wasatch and Uinta mountains, and in Zions National Park. I mountain bike in the Colorado Rockies. I've kayaked in Yellowstone and on Flaming Gorge, and rafted the Green, Colorado and Snake rivers. My trips are usually a week long or less. I love to hike wherever I can. I'm an Assistant Scout Master and I'm often out with the Scouts. My immediate goal is to thru-hike the Colorado trail. I've lived in Utah, Ohio, Illinois, Argentina, California, and Colorado.
CityAurora
StateColorado
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Eric Noble

Showing 281 - 290 of 490 | Page: 1 ...20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ...49

Forum » Thread

Re: Re:^4 Jumpstaring Ultralight Scouting at the troop level
The last 50 miler I went on the guide was carrying 60+ and one of the scouts 50+. My pack wasn't that light but was the lightest in the group at about 30 lbs. The scout with the 50+ lb pack became ...

In GEAR » Ultra-light instruction at BSA National Jamboree?
November 05, 11:33pm

Re: clothes list
Dane, great list! I really need to do some thing about the weight of my pants, 21.52 vs 6.8, wow. I've considered making something like the Bomber hat. How have you liked yours?

In Gear Lists » Advice on my Clothing List.
November 05, 11:19pm

Re: re: cuben poncho tarp
Dane, I think MDL makes one out of Cuben as well. Though it will be some time before you can order from them. It's interesting to hear your experience, as I am heading to where your leaving. I have...

In GEAR » Caternary Cut Cuben Fiber Poncho Tarp
November 05, 12:59pm

Re: Caternary Cut Cuben Fiber Poncho Tarp
Bill, I'm this close to following your lead again and making a poncho/tarp/hammock canopy. I have my Cuben samples and some ideas. The strength of the Cuben does not concern me, it is amazing stuff...

In GEAR » Caternary Cut Cuben Fiber Poncho Tarp
November 05, 12:47pm

Re: (socks and gloves) Re: Advice on my Clothing List.
I wash my socks and underwear in Dr. Bronners unscented soap every one or two days depending on the conditions. I've considered carrying a third pair of sleeping socks but not enough to do it yet. ...

November 05, 2:33am

Re: Re: Forum Font size option for those getting older...
Firefox is available for Mac OS X and quite popular. Safari is the browser that most OS X users are likely to use. In Safari, under the View menu choose Make Text Bigger.

In Website & Forum Admin/Support » Forum Font sizeoption for those getting older...
November 04, 10:13am

Re: Ti Potty Trowel
"On the hike I just finished along the AT in Georgia I used my Ti-Trowel each day except when we went near a Shelter with a privy. " Bill, how has your trowel held up? Any unwanted bending or ot...

In Make Your Own Gear » Titanium Pottery Trowel for your SUL gear list
November 03, 11:00pm

Re: Re: Toothbrush
Can't wait to see what you come up with! Thanks for the compliment on the trowel. No business plans at the moment. I certainly don't plan on hand crafting ti potty trowels. Way too much work.

In Website & Forum Admin/Support » Pictures in Reviews
November 03, 10:47pm

Re: Re: Pics in Reviews
Thanks Jhaura, I was thinking about doing just what you suggest. I would host the image here by posting it in the test forum. I was just trying to encourage an easier way. p.s. Yesterday, I show...

In Website & Forum Admin/Support » Pictures in Reviews
November 03, 9:30pm

Re: Advice on my Clothing List.
Here is my list for whatever it is worth. Hopefully you can glean something from it. My clothing list has always been buried in my overall list. It is helpful seeing it broken out. Thanks, John. I ...

November 03, 5:39pm

All Reader Reviews by Eric Noble

Showing 1 - 5 of 5 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Ibex 17.5 Polo
DESCRIPTION: For when a T-shirt is simply not enough of a statement, we offer class...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - WOOL
April 22, 12:10pm

Ibex Climawool Glove
Here's the slightly edited description and specs from the Ibex web site. ...

In Clothing - Headwear, Handwear
March 22, 10:00am

Ibex Hooded Shak
This is the perfect base layer for downhill skiing. The versatility of a hoody with thumb sleeves is unmatched. Hooded Shak

February 08, 10:36am

Thru-Hiker.com
I ordered a 5.5" x 7.5" sheet of 0.016 inch 6Al4V titanium from Thru-Hiker. This is a custom size not shown on the website. Talking with Ayce was a pleasure and quite helpful in completing my project....

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
December 01, 8:52am

Smartwool Shadow Hoody
The Smartwool Shadow hoody is essentially a Smartwool Zip-T with a hood and cuff thumb holes. The fabric weight of the two garments is the same, 195g. My size large weighs 12.7 ounces on my scale. As ...

November 02, 6:24pm