BPL Community Profile

Mike Barney (eaglemb) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale AZ, the Great Southwest!
About Me YooHoo!

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Mike Barney

Showing 281 - 290 of 509 | Page: 1 ...20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ...51

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Welding / Gluing
There are many advantages to gluing, and the adhesives that are available can glue everything from your fingers to commercial / military aircraft fuselages and many things in between. You might ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Welding / Gluing
January 22, 8:44pm

Re: An Unusual Stove
Looks heavy.

In GEAR » An Unusual Stove
January 22, 6:56pm

Re: Reverse Gear List
Southern Arizona in the summer, Pikes Peak in the winter, or somewhere else in the spring?

In Gear Lists » Reverse Gear List
January 19, 8:29pm

Re: canister test someone?
The answer is, I suspect, it depends on the container and circumstances. I've seen the bottom of one 'poochied" out from being too warm (in a car in Phoenix in the summer) and the sea...

In Editor's Roundtable » Taming Those Large Flexible Foil Windshields
January 18, 8:38pm

Re: Re: Vargo Titanium 0.9 L pot w/ Ti spoke handle
Good questions: ..."make sure you get the 2 attachment points exactly opposite each other." Pretty easy, you can be off and the pot will tilt in a proportional amount to how much your ...

In Multiple Use Gear » Vargo Titanium 0.9 L pot w/ Ti spoke handle
January 17, 6:50pm

Re: QUAD question
I have a similar headlamp, and use lithiums, and haven't noticed any problems. There are minor differences between lithium and alkaline batteries: A fresh lithium runs 1.8 V, a new alkaline ...

In Winter Hiking » Best lightweight headlamp for winter use
January 14, 11:32am

Re: ULA Amp and new SUL pack availability
Any weight projections on the ~4,000 cu in. 5 external pockets model? Thanks, MIkeB

In GEAR » New Golite Line NOW for sale
January 13, 9:51pm

What I learned
Have fun with each new opportunity, there are incredible experiences out there Don't forget common sense / your brain and that from fellow hikers First Aid and safety items have (or shoul...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Lessons learned in 2006?
January 13, 10:48am

Would you walk past?
After watching the "Everest" series, where in one episode, numerous climbers went right past another hiker in mortal peril without stoping or offering aid, I'm wondering: If you we...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Would you walk past?
January 13, 10:05am

Re: UL Guy Line?
We've used monofilament (50 lb) for similar. With your spool, you can get to 60 lbs by doubling it up. The only downside I noticed was if you try to take it off the spool to lighten the weigh...

In GEAR » UL Guy Line?
January 11, 7:47pm

All Reader Reviews by Mike Barney

Showing 1 - 10 of 62 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Review

Category

MSR Pocket Rocket
This is a pretty basic stove that is simple to operate. It's lightweight and reasonably efficient. We used 3 of these on a 10 day hike with 10 people and they worked well. The stove is reas...

In Stoves - Canister
December 08, 5:52pm

Light My Fire Spork
I like the LMF Spork, but it's almost too flexible. I can agree with many if not most of the comments above, and have had one break. When you use it to stir something very hot, it gets soft and ...

In Cookware - Other
November 23, 9:49pm

Garmin Rino 120 GPS and FRS / GMRS Radio
Great Idea, lacking implementation.The premis of the Rino family is that it would be great to know where others are via GPS location. Great Idea. This is accomplished by using FRS radio frequencies i...

In Navigation Gear & Accessories
January 21, 2:53pm

Marmot Helium (long)
I had this bag for a short period, but really liked it. It's so warm, that it was almost too warm for me above freezing, but a very comfortable bag overall. It fits me (6'1") well a...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
January 04, 7:24pm

Atkinson's Chick-O-Stick Crunchy Peanut Butter & Coconut Candy
I really like the "Chick'O's", they do pack significant energy in a small package, and the taste is very good. They don't break as easy as some, and have a similar texture in h...

In Foods - Energy Bars, Gels, and Drinks
December 27, 5:29pm

Jolt Gum
I guess if I was going to give this a really fair shake I'd have consumed the whole pack. Unfortunately or fortunately 1/2 a piece was more than enough. The taste isn't there, and I do have ...

In Foods - Energy Bars, Gels, and Drinks
December 11, 11:09pm

Big Agnes
We had a short term need for a bag and pad we could use at Philmont, and the Scout was on a budget. We looked around and called Big Agnes. They had a demo bag come in the next day, and they called b...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
December 11, 7:28pm

WalMart
Walmart really does have nice people in their outdoors department at our local establishment, who know a lot about the Coleman lanterns and stoves and shotguns / rifles and ammo and really try to hel...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
December 07, 10:24pm

Tarptent Cloudburst
The Cloudburst 2 was my first tent from Tarptent. I like the design, and it holds up well in rain and wind. It sleeps 2 comfortably and sets up pretty easily with as few as 3 stakes. It weight a ha...

In Shelters - Single Wall Tents
December 04, 9:24pm

Sling-Light Chair w/ body and kneck rest
I purchased 2 of these initially for a 2 week hike. In the store, it seemed like a pretty good idea during a quick checkout. It's less than 2 lbs, so one of the lighter camp chairs available. It do...

In Miscellaneous Products
December 04, 8:25pm