BPL Community Profile

David Goodyear (dmgoody) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale mid-west
About Me David Goodyear has not added a biography yet.
StateMIchigan
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by David Goodyear

Showing 281 - 290 of 399 | Page: 1 ...20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40

Forum » Thread

This is why
This is why your standard top mounted "ski-Pulk" or "Dr. Pulk" style mounted systems don’t work in the bush . A very expensive commercial pulk had to be modified to make i...

In Make Your Own Gear » Bush-Worthy Pulk
January 24, 6:43pm

wetness
You are right. I did notice that the breathable shell material always seems damp, but the fleece did not. When I would drop the mitts to work on something, sometimes the outside layer would freeze...

In Make Your Own Gear » sub zero glove system
January 22, 5:38pm

I was suprised too
Last year I didn't beleive this system would work either. They tell me it has to do more with moisture movement rather than insulating layers. When you are at high energy exertion your fingers ...

January 21, 6:54pm

update
Just got back from a 5 day sled trip in the U.P. Got down to -14. Mitts worked perectly. no complaints. The durability stripe shows some wear from the poles, but everything else held up well. (it&#...

January 19, 10:20pm

update
Just got back from a five day, off-trail hike. Sled perfomed better than expected. No snags or hang-ups. Dave

In Make Your Own Gear » Bush-Worthy Pulk
January 18, 8:00pm

Bag genious
If you fold the bag down and place it on top of your pouch cozy, you can create a bowl full of food on a lap tray. Just bag genious I say. It even works in the winter at -14. I ate a piping ...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » I don't like Freezer Bag Cooking
January 18, 7:49pm

FBC is the bomb
This is a funny thread. FBC is a great idea. My only hurdle was getting a long handle spoon, I use an envelope cozy and by the time my meal is ready I've had a mug of coffee, or melted my s...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » I don't like Freezer Bag Cooking
January 06, 5:59pm

Insul-Bright
Have any of you gear heads used this insulation? Insul-bright: http://www.warmcompany.com/ibpage.html http://www.joann.com/joann/catalog/productdetail.jsp?CATID=cat3071&PRODID=xprd9864...

In Make Your Own Gear » Insul-Bright
January 05, 9:13am

interesting
Great Idea to use a neoprene sock as a vbL and an insulation layer. I've been using them for fishing in the frigid rivers for years. I wonder how a pair of seal skins would work? I've been ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Vapor barrier socks
January 04, 9:30pm

e-bay
worked for me. I sold my pacific crest pack to a boy scout dad and he loved it. Got what I paid for it too. Dave

In GEAR » What's the best way to sell non-UL gear?
January 01, 10:05am

All Reader Reviews by David Goodyear

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

caldera cone w gram cracker esbit stove snow peak solo
Just returned from a 4 day bushwhacking trip. This setup achieved 2 near boils (small bubbles) per esbit tab. Morning and night temps in the mid 30's - water taken from cold creeks. I allotted 4 t...

In Stoves - Other
October 08, 7:52am

Big Agnes Seedhouse SL1
I bought this tent before becoming a member of this site. When I read the review of the SL-1, I was worried about its stability and durability. I am not a tarp camper so the seedhouse seemed to be the...

In Shelters - Double Wall Tents
August 12, 7:22am