BPL Community Profile

Carol Crooker (cmcrooker) - BPL Professional Member

My Locale Desert Southwest, USA
About Me I live and do a lot of my backpacking in the desert, but I LOVE the mountains of the west! I also get out to the east coast occasionally to backpack.
CityPhoenix
StateArizona
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListHammock, Lows to 40

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Carol Crooker

Showing 281 - 290 of 299 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Forum » Thread

sub 5 - I don't think so?
Paul, You have plenty of gear (as you mentioned) that you can drop to get to sub-5. It doesn't look like you "want" to. And that is an angle I want to explore. Is there really a reason to drop ...

In Editor's Roundtable » SuperUltraLight: For the Masses?
May 25, 10:08am

sub 5 - I don't think so?
Paul, You have plenty of gear (as you mentioned) that you can drop to get to sub-5. It doesn't look like you "want" to. And that is an angle I want to explore. Is there really a reason to drop ...

In Editor's Roundtable » SuperUltraLight: For the Masses?
May 25, 6:55am

Equinox Bivy
I used the original Equinox bivy for several years before I got a Vapr bivy. It's a great bivy. I never used a ground cloth with it in 3-seasons and never had any problems. I backpack a lot in t...

In GEAR » Has anyone used an Equinox bivy?
April 26, 12:18pm

FREE Larabars
Has anyone received their free sample Larabars yet? (See the phone number 3 posts previously). When your samples arrive, please post the results of your taste tests :) The Larabars were my second...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Energy Bars
April 26, 12:07pm

Yummm
Looks good, even if you leave out the Papaya juice :)

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Damn good jerky recipe
April 20, 6:38am

GORP
My favorite GORP ingredients are: raw almonds, cranberries!, macadamia nuts, and pistachio nuts.

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Energy Bars
April 15, 2:39pm

Vest on sale at Mont Bell
The down inner snap vest is on sale at the Mont Bell web site for $50, Japanese sizing.

In Gear Swap » Montbell UL Down Snap Vest for sale...
April 12, 4:46pm

Calorie Count
John, You didn't miss the calorie count. I did not include calories on my food list (I'm not sure how accurate I could have been trying to calculate calories for all the home dried food I had on ...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Lightweight Food and Nutrition (LEGACY POSTS FROM OLD FORUMS)
November 26, 10:14pm

Dehydrating eggs
Stephane, I cook the eggs first, then dehydrate them. Carol

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Lightweight Food and Nutrition (LEGACY POSTS FROM OLD FORUMS)
November 26, 10:01pm

Montana Monster Cakes
Steve, I tried your Montana Monster cakes on my last backpacking trip. I cooked my cake like a muffin by staming it (as I described earlier) using an esbit tablet. Tasted great! Thanks for the ...

November 26, 10:00pm

All Reader Reviews by Carol Crooker

Showing 1 - 5 of 5 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Coughlan's LED Clip-on Headlight
The Coughlan’s LED Clip-on Headlight is light weight, inexpensive and bright enough for around camp chores. The red filter is a nice feature to save night vision. I gave it a 3 of 5 because it was fru...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
August 07, 4:22pm

Coughlan's Micro Lantern
The Coughlan Micro Lantern is a tiny LED light shaped like a lantern. It has a clip ring on top so it can be hung from your tent zipper pull or the like. The light shines out in a 360 degree circle an...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
June 03, 5:16pm

Inov8 Terroc 330 - Men's
I love the way the Terrocs conform to my feet without needing to be tied too tightly. So - our feet are different or your Terrocs came laced differently than mine. Mine came with a heel locking lacing...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
June 27, 10:21pm

Wilderness First Aid Classes by WMI/NOLS
16 hour course on first aid in the backcountry. Lots of hands on scenarios for practice. The course I attended in AZ in May 2006 was taught by an EMT from Pennsylvania and an EMT/ski patroller from Co...

In First Aid and Survival Gear & Accessories
May 09, 1:06pm

Tilley LT5
Well I thought the LT5 was perfect until Ryan suggested it would be even better if it was lighter. But of course! And it's stylish too - at least we Tilley wearers think so. And Ryan, just slip on yo...

In Clothing - Headwear, Handwear
August 02, 6:30am