BPL Community Profile

Brendan Swihart (brendans) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Fruita CO
About Me Brendan Swihart has not added a biography yet.
CountryUnited
My Website URLhttp://outlivingblog.wordpress.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Brendan Swihart

Showing 281 - 290 of 606 | Page: 1 ...20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ...61

Forum » Thread

Re: x-pac taping
No, put the tape onto the fabric (PU coated side), then cut the strips of fabric so now you have essentially a one sided tape. Peel off the backing and tape the seams. edit: for this applicat...

In Make Your Own Gear » waterproof backpack fabric
June 03, 5:39pm

Re: taping WX vs TX vs VX
I've done some tape testing on the mentioned fabrics. The McNett iron on tape adheres very well to the VX taffeta back and fairly well to the TX/WX back. I've also made tape using 3M 9485...

June 03, 4:08pm

Re: waterproof backpack fabric
Something to consider re pack fabric weights: Most UL style packs only use around a square yard of fabric, so the weight savings of using something like VX21 vs cuben is only a few ounces and the ...

June 03, 3:00pm

Re: Re: Bob Marshall
Fantastic, Dan.

In Post-Trip Reports » Bob Marshall Wilderness Open – Eccentric But Not Insane
June 02, 7:23am

Fence/Escalante/25 mile wash loop
We had hoped to do a longer trip over Memorial Day weekend, but two days of apocalyptic wind and dust last Friday and Saturday was enough to delay our start. We left for Escalante early afternoon ...

In Post-Trip Reports » Fence/Escalante/25 mile wash loop
May 31, 9:43pm

Re: Getting paid to backpack
Geology or biological/environmental sciences. I went back to school to study biology after doing social work for a few years after graduating from college. Right now I'm working for an enviro...

In Chaff » Getting paid to backpack
May 31, 7:55pm

Re: PIF: Exofficio pants
PM Sent

In Gear Swap » PIF: Exofficio pants
May 31, 5:43pm

Montbell Rain Trekker still available...
Everything else now sold. Price dropped again on the Rain Trekker....

In Gear Swap » FS: MLD Trailstar, MSR Titan kettle, merino and capilene baselayers, Montbell Rain Trekker
May 29, 4:38pm

Re: "Tarp Tie Out Logic Check"
I made a tarp last spring and did cuben tieouts like shown and started to have the separating issue shown above. The real problem came when I was setting up the tarp last summer in Utah and a gust...

In Make Your Own Gear » Tarp Tie Out Logic Check
May 24, 8:19am

Re: Re: Prices dropped
Merino 2 bottoms sold...

In Gear Swap » FS: MLD Trailstar, MSR Titan kettle, merino and capilene baselayers, Montbell Rain Trekker
May 23, 2:03pm

All Reader Reviews by Brendan Swihart

Brendan Swihart has posted no reviews.