Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Bill Fornshell (bfornshell) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Southern Texas
About Me I have been a member here since 24 August, 2003.

I believe in SUL and Lighter, Backpacking, and make most of my own gear. If you have a question about something I have made you can read about most of it here or on my Blog.

http://ultraliteskunkworks.blogspot.com/

Please Note:

I don't make things for other people. Thanks for asking but the answer to all, is NO.
CitySan Antonio
StateTexas
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bill Fornshell

Showing 281 - 290 of 1796 | Page: 1 ...20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ...180

Forum » Thread

Cuben/Momentum Bivy - Costs $
Erik, I bought my Cuben direct so at that time it only cost me about $17 a yard. I did have to buy 9 yards at a time. The Pertex Quantum cost about $16 a yard and I had to buy 5 yards. This...

In Make Your Own Gear » Cuben/Momentum Bivy
January 22, 9:38am

SUL Rigid Frame Packs
Hi Kevin, Thanks for posting the new pictures.The side pictures look like the frame follows the curve of your spine nice. If you recall some of the pictures on my original External Frame Thre...

In Make Your Own Gear » SUL External Frame / 1-1-2009I started making another SUL External Pack Frame on New Years Day. My goal is a frame similar to the modified Harrier Frame I have been working on but that weighs closer to one pound or less. The old frame was made to carr
January 21, 10:37pm

MYO: Unforseen expenses and how I almost killed my cat
Interesting what cats can get into. Sounds like something that happened to one of my kittens named Rocky. Someone had given my daughter a Penny that had everything cut away from Lincoln's h...

In Make Your Own Gear » MYO: Unforseen expenses and how I almost killed my cat
January 21, 9:02pm

SUL External Frame / 1-1-2009
Hi Kevin, That is looking really good. I like the way your design has worked out. Do you have a side view picture of the frame? I have always though a truly light External Frame or Hybrid F...

In Make Your Own Gear » SUL External Frame / 1-1-2009I started making another SUL External Pack Frame on New Years Day. My goal is a frame similar to the modified Harrier Frame I have been working on but that weighs closer to one pound or less. The old frame was made to carr
January 21, 3:36pm

Titanium Whistle - tiny, loud, no reed to loose
Simon, Is this Einstein from the old days. Titanium toothbrush with nylon bristles, that gives me an idea. How many bristles do you think it will take? Got to keep it light so we don't...

In Gear Deals » Titanium Whistle - tiny, loud, no reed to loose
January 20, 5:37pm

Patagonia #1 Merino Wool
Hi Tom, I have not seen the picture of the long sleeve #1 Wool Shirt.. I washed the #1 Wool short sleeve shirt and put it out to dry. It is 62 F and sunny here today. Drying outside. 1....

In Make Your Own Gear » Patagonia #1 Merino Wool Hoody - Coming Soon.
January 19, 2:42pm

Patagonia #1 Merino Wool
Hi Tom, Thanks for the information. I will assume you heard about this from the Outdoor Retail Show just held on your side of the pond. I know that Patagonia had someone there. I called Patag...

January 19, 11:47am

Patagonia #1 Merino Wool
Huzefa, I wore this shirt 24 hours a day for 5 or 6 days. No smell, in-fact I still haven't washed it. No smell. I may wash it today - Monday - and will time how long it takes to dry...

January 19, 12:46am

Cuben/Momentum Bivy
Hi Steven, The Cuben I used was the 0.32 / 0.33 ounce per sq yard version. I use it with a light ground cloth for insurance and to help keep it clean. It has held up very well. I used it ...

January 18, 11:59am

Cuben / Momentum Bivy
Your Bivy looks real nice. I made my Cuben / Pertex Quantum Bivy back in 2006 and have a thread here. Finished Bivy: Bivy with a long balloon to hold the hood up. Cuben / Pertex Qu...

January 18, 10:26am

All Reader Reviews by Bill Fornshell

Showing 1 - 4 of 4 | Page: 1

Review

Category

BMW (BPL) UL 60 Balaclava
Cocoon UL 60 Balaclava - Multi-Purpose - 5/5 I have had my Cocoon Balaclava since they first shipped. When I got it I was in the middle of several things and just looked it over, put it on, bless...

In Clothing - Headwear, Handwear
July 08, 10:08pm

OR (Outdoor Research)
During the planning for my AT Hike this coming January I got out my old OR Advanced Bivy. I had used it only a few times after I bought it about 10 years ago and wanted to have a good look at it set ...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
December 29, 4:41pm

BackpackingLight.com Premium Membership
1. Being able to have a picture and a little information about us all and a possible way to send a private email to other members. 2. A list of all our replies to threads in date order. This alone ...

In Books and Media
October 27, 8:16pm

Patagonia Dragonfly pullover
I have to agree with everyone about the Patagonia DragonFly. I bought 2 on a close-out sale for $29.95 each. You can't hardly beat that for a really great piece of gear.

In Clothing - Wind & Soft Shell
December 19, 9:22am