BPL Community Profile

ROBERT TANGEN (RobertM2S) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Lake Tahoe
About Me From planet Bllffftx.
CityReno
StateNV
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by ROBERT TANGEN

Showing 281 - 290 of 538 | Page: 1 ...20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ...54

Forum » Thread

VB for sleeping
I'm very fond of my "Depends" underpants. They might also be useful as VB liners, but I haven't tried that out.

In Winter Hiking » VB for sleeping in the winter
September 24, 8:50pm

When Things Go Wrong
Re: “…the wind was too strong for us to stand. Sue was blown over several times, making the wind speed probably in excess of 150 kilometers per hour (93 miles per hour).” Did your faces suf...

In Editor's Roundtable » When Things Go Wrong
September 24, 8:32pm

Nordic Walking
Re: " I also use them diagonal stride style where they not only add propulsive force, they also help reinforce my pace when I’m getting tired." I use that technique, and if it is uphil...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Hiking poles and necessity for Ultralighters
September 15, 6:18pm

Cold black wool?
Is it true that some Bedouin desert tribes people wear black wool in the hot sun, and if so, why do they do it?

In Editor's Roundtable » Appealing Apparel (Outdoor Retailer Summer Market 2008)
September 08, 9:19pm

Training for altitude
On your flight, ride in one of the wheel wells, instead of riding in the pressurized cabin, to acclimatize to the thin air. It's cheaper, too.

In Philosophy & Technique » Training for altitude
August 29, 3:57pm

On Denali
Someone once wrote: “On Denali, one sleeping system used successfully is the down inner bag plus the synthetic outer bag or quilt. (Note that the Mountain Laurel Designs synthetic quilt can exp...

In GEAR » Winter/Expedition Sleeping System
August 24, 11:05am

Winter / Expedition System
Someone once wrote: “In cold weather, condensation will tend to collect on the inside of the outer-most layer of fabric where vaporized moisture hits colder temperatures. When using a synthetic ...

In GEAR » Winter/Expedition Sleeping System
August 21, 6:01pm

"washed my parts in gasoline."
Re: "... washed my parts in gasoline." You washed your private parts in gasoline? You are tough, dude!

In Post-Trip Reports » Otis Peak 4-17-08
August 20, 9:23pm

Love for Jackie Paulson
I highly reccommend "Lighten Up" DVD, $5.00 from Gossamer Gear. I've got a crush on Jackie Paulson.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » How to Start First Time Camping
August 16, 2:20pm

Compass
I use my compass (a tiny, magnetized needle) and micro Kevlar@ thread to sew clothing from leaves, if conditions require clothing. In the evening, I sew a shelter from leaves, sort of a gorilla ne...

In GEAR » Compass Recommendations
August 05, 11:17am

All Reader Reviews by ROBERT TANGEN

Showing 1 - 4 of 4 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Zpacks Arc Blast 60 liter
I received my Zpacks Arc Blast, the large 60 liter, 17.0 oz. size for winter loads, and love it. If you are worried about getting poked, don’t worry, the stays terminate at the bottom end BEHIND the ...

In Backpacks - External Frame
September 13, 6:24pm

Rab Boreas extremely thin soft shell
1. David Chenault: “I'm a huge fan. It's been a great layer for BC skiing thus far. I expect it to be fairly bug proof too.” 2. Noted mountain climber Nils Nielsen: “The last month I’ve be...

In Clothing - Wind & Soft Shell
March 06, 3:44pm

WalMart / "Starter" compression shorts
(Others have written that they like these, and I agree.) The WalMart / “Starter” compression shorts are: 1. Long enough to prevent abrasion, even if you have massively muscled, Greek God-like thighs...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - SYNTHETIC
May 02, 1:12pm

MLD 2009 Revelation
Five Stars! I love the new 2009 Revelation from Mountain Laurel Designs! I haven’t wrung it out like Ryan Jordan did for the pack he recently reviewed, so I don’t have his detailed data base, but th...

In Backpacks - Frameless
May 21, 6:12pm