BPL Community Profile

Kevin Babione (KBabione) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pennsylvania
About Me I live near Lancaster PA and do most of my backpacking in the central and north-central parts of the state.
CityLititz
StatePA
CountryUnited States

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Kevin Babione

Showing 281 - 290 of 614 | Page: 1 ...20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ...62

Forum » Thread

SMD Lunar Solo
If you need/want a little extra headroom with the Lunar Solo keep in mind that there's a tie-out right above your head. With your second trekking pole, some guyline, and an additional stake yo...

In GEAR » Feedback on 2012 SMD Lunar Solo
May 21, 6:51am

Headlamp with a Long Distance Beam
My solution was to split it into two parts: I have the Petzl e-Lite headlamp (less than an ounce) for around camp - it has multiple brightness levels and a red LED for reading or doing chores ...

In GEAR » Headlamp with a Long distance Beam????
May 21, 6:36am

Marking Your Water Bottle
I still have one of the old-style wide-mouth AquaFina bottles that I've marked as well. I didn't do every two ounces either - I limited it to the marks I needed for the food I was rehydrat...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Weightless Measuring Cup
May 17, 4:30am

No Frame
Brandon, I hadn't considered corrugated plastic - I'll pick some up today and give it a try. It might give me what I want for this weekend's trip without the weight of the Z-Rest. ...

In GEAR » Frameless Pack - No Pad - What to do?
May 15, 6:10am

No Frame, No Pad
Thanks for the quick replies... Eric - I think my long-term solution for the Swift will be to simply buy the hoop stay they offer for the pack. It's more or less your idea without the MYOG ...

May 14, 10:09pm

Frameless Pack - No Pad - What to do?
When I moved to UL gear I fully embraced the frameless pack and used my sleeping pad as the pack support. That has now come back to bite me... I've switched to hammocks and use an underquil...

May 14, 9:43pm

Distance: Miles or Time?
A mix of both... In pre-trip planning I look at the mileage and I know that I hike at 2 miles per hour, with breaks, very consistently. Thus I can look at the day and use that to know either: ...

In Philosophy & Technique » Distance : miles or time ?
May 08, 9:59am

First UL Hammock Gear List
Your list looks good...It's pretty obvious that you were a UL ground-dweller before moving up in the world. It helps because then you only need to worry about your hammock system. About the...

In Gear Lists » First UL Hammock Gear List
May 08, 8:36am

Packit Gourmet
Another option is Packit Gourmet if you're looking for really good food that is easily prepared on the trail. They keep everything in stock and I've never been disappointed with anything. ...

In GEAR » Backpacking food
May 08, 4:16am

Surprise - Snake!
I think my issue with snakes is the "surprise" factor. You're hiking along and you go to take your next step and there, right where you're about to put your foot, is a snake. ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Snakes
May 07, 7:25am

All Reader Reviews by Kevin Babione

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Montbell Extremely Light Down Jacket
I'm a big guy and have the Ex Light in XXL - weighs 7.8 ounces. In addition to being a great piece of insulation to wear I've found that I can use it in my hammock as an extra top quilt by op...

In Clothing - Insulating - Down
January 03, 1:42pm

Lighten Up! by Don Ladigin
I just finished reading the book - it's an enjoyable and quick read. I've got two weekend trips planned this spring with guys who have never backpacked in their lives. I'm passing the bo...

In Books and Media
March 28, 5:52am