BPL Community Profile

Kevin Babione (KBabione) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pennsylvania
About Me I live near Lancaster PA and do most of my backpacking in the central and north-central parts of the state.
CityLititz
StatePA
CountryUnited States

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Kevin Babione

Showing 281 - 290 of 606 | Page: 1 ...20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ...61

Forum » Thread

Packit Gourmet
Another option is Packit Gourmet if you're looking for really good food that is easily prepared on the trail. They keep everything in stock and I've never been disappointed with anything. ...

In GEAR » Backpacking food
May 08, 4:16am

Surprise - Snake!
I think my issue with snakes is the "surprise" factor. You're hiking along and you go to take your next step and there, right where you're about to put your foot, is a snake. ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Snakes
May 07, 7:25am

Snakes - "Eeek!"
I'm with the OP...I can handle the snakes I know about, but the ones that surprise me are awful. I'm a big guy - 6 feet tall and pushing 275 pounds and when ANY snake surprises me on the t...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Snakes
May 06, 8:55pm

Great Report
David, Thanks for making the time to post your trip report - it's inspiring! You've clearly done enough hikes with your girls to know who's the boss on the trail...They are! I ...

In Post-Trip Reports » 3 days + 45 miles + my 11 year old daughter = one nice hike
May 04, 6:49am

Sweat Towel
Thanks for the responses... I've got an 8-mile dayhike scheduled with some buddies and I think I'll take a couple different towels to try. I actually have one of the yellow Wal-Mart mic...

In GEAR » Sweat Towel
May 02, 2:15pm

Sweat Towel
Not to be too graphic, but when it's warm out I sweat a lot. Having sweat dripping off my face drives me nuts. I've historically carried a large cotton bandana, which, after a few lengthy...

In GEAR » Sweat Towel
May 02, 11:23am

Phone Holster
I saw these somewhere... Cuben iPhone Shoulder Pouch They might be worth checking out.

In GEAR » Phone holster
April 30, 7:31am

The Perils of Certainty - Social Inattention
I enjoyed reading this article but can't shake the feeling that this would have made a good "Post-Trip" thread instead of eating up 50% of the quite valuable weekly article space. ...

In Editor's Roundtable » The Perils of Certainty
April 30, 6:44am

Laurel Highlands Trail, Memorial Day Weekend 2012
Nick, I agree with Doug - schedule the extra day off. Use it to recover, cleanup and put away your gear, or whatever. Depending on your job you might even be able to go into work if you don...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Laurel Highlands Trail, Memorial Day Weekend 2012
April 27, 5:08am

To Rain Pant or Not
Here's when the guys I hike with don their rain pants: - When it's raining and looks like it will continue for some time - If it's recently rained and the trail is overgrown and...

In GEAR » to rain pant or not?
April 25, 10:16am

All Reader Reviews by Kevin Babione

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Montbell Extremely Light Down Jacket
I'm a big guy and have the Ex Light in XXL - weighs 7.8 ounces. In addition to being a great piece of insulation to wear I've found that I can use it in my hammock as an extra top quilt by op...

In Clothing - Insulating - Down
January 03, 1:42pm

Lighten Up! by Don Ladigin
I just finished reading the book - it's an enjoyable and quick read. I've got two weekend trips planned this spring with guys who have never backpacked in their lives. I'm passing the bo...

In Books and Media
March 28, 5:52am