BPL Community Profile

Luke Schmidt (Cameron) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale The WOODS
About Me Pursuing Christ, relationships, and adventure in that order. Nicknamed "Chief" because I grew up with a tribe of vegetarian cannibals on a small island off the coast of Iowa.
CityMidland TX
StateTexas
CountryUnited States

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Luke Schmidt

Showing 281 - 290 of 1996 | Page: 1 ...20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ...200

Forum » Thread

Re Re Pushing a 50F Syn quilt below its rating
I'm hesitant to make recommendations but with the setup you have I'd probably feel safe to about 35-40 for short nights. In other words if its summer and it will only dip to 35 for a coupl...

In GEAR » Pushing a 50F Syn quilt below its rating.
September 07, 9:39pm

Re Re Re win, win, win
Really Ken you fled the east? What ran you off? Or was it the mountains?

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Bear learns how to crack Garcia cans at Yosemite
September 07, 9:23pm

How about Powdered Nutella?
Next we need powdered Nutella! One summer camp I had my own personal jar of Nutella I'd bring to breakfast and put all over my pancakes. Everyone teased me about it until some teens made up a...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » New trail food intro: Powdered peanut butter
September 07, 9:14pm

Win-win-win
Yeah I think the folks in New York got tired of saying "No Luke we can't do that here." I did have some great friends in both states and they are both nice places. I just didn&#...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Bear learns how to crack Garcia cans at Yosemite
September 07, 6:34pm

Re People's Republic of California
I did find where Yosemite specifically bans the stuff, no explanation given. I'd love to know the rational (or lack thereof). Look at how dumb this rule is 1. I can carry a gun (wit...

September 07, 5:42pm

Rain Kilt
The kilt should work. I have been using a pair of rain pants cut off at the knees and they work pretty well so I imagine the kilt will be just fine. Since you have zip off pants plan on taking th...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Colorado Trail Thru-Hike Summer 2014 - Input needed!
September 07, 5:06pm

Bugs and such
The bug proof bivy should be plenty. Maybe bring a 1oz bottle of 98% DEET to rub on your face and hands. You'll probably only us that occasionally but it can be nice. Concentrated DEET will ...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Colorado Trail Thru-Hike Summer 2014 - Input needed!
September 07, 4:31pm

Shoes for Off Trailing
I love the Lone Peaks because they fit me so well. The traction was good for the most part. There were two times when they were not perfect 1. Muddy trails - The trail the first day was very ...

In Editor's Roundtable » Off-trail in the Teton Wilderness - Take 2
September 07, 1:33pm

Re Re Bear learns how to crack Garcia cans at Yosemite
"Use bear spray - negative conditioning" My understanding was bear spray is illegal in Yosemite and Kings Canyon National Parks.

September 05, 6:07pm

Bears
I guess I could have tried to make a big circle around the bear. That is why I just backed away from the first one. On the other hand I lost track of where the first bear was so I wasn't sure...

In Editor's Roundtable » Off-trail in the Teton Wilderness - Take 2
September 04, 8:25pm

All Reader Reviews by Luke Schmidt

Luke Schmidt has posted no reviews.