BPL Community Profile

Luke Schmidt (Cameron) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale The WOODS
About Me Pursuing Christ, relationships, and adventure in that order. Nicknamed "Chief" because I grew up with a tribe of vegetarian cannibals on a small island off the coast of Iowa.
CityMidland TX
StateTexas
CountryUnited States

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Luke Schmidt

Showing 281 - 290 of 2002 | Page: 1 ...20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ...201

Forum » Thread

Re Probably Down to freezing
One VERY important thing I forgot to mention, I used a bivy when I took mine down to 35. That adds a few degrees of warmth in any situation and it makes a huge difference if you are using a quilt ...

In GEAR » Pushing a 50F Syn quilt below its rating.
September 07, 10:45pm

Losing Weight
My ideas are as follows Try a short Prolite pad, saves 10 oz. Skip pillow and use your rain gear inside a stuff sack instead, saves about 4 oz Leave the Cap. 3 bottoms at home unless its ...

In Gear Lists » 3-season gear list, want to lose some weight
September 07, 10:42pm

Re good one sir
Seriously though, I don't mind sharing some places, even most places. Partly because most places I go aren't super secret. Normally there are already guide books and articles discussing t...

In Post-Trip Reports » East to West - Uinta Highline Trail
September 07, 10:20pm

Re Re East to West - Uinta Highline Trail
"Don't complain if it's crowded next time, Mr. Mags ;)" Haha Ken that jokes kinda on me. The great thing about this area is its far from Colorado, Yellowstone and Yosemite a...

September 07, 9:58pm

Size Up
I have not worn true boots in a long time so take this with a grain of salt. Since boots lace up farther I find I can get away with a bigger size. I'm swimming in a size 10 shoe but I remembe...

In GEAR » Boot Hunt
September 07, 9:53pm

Re East to West - Uinta Highline Trail
Nice report Mags. Basically the first report I've seen of that area. I knew it had to be special in some way because Ryan had lots of pictures of the Uintas in his book and early BPL articles...

September 07, 9:49pm

Re Re Pushing a 50F Syn quilt below its rating
I'm hesitant to make recommendations but with the setup you have I'd probably feel safe to about 35-40 for short nights. In other words if its summer and it will only dip to 35 for a coupl...

In GEAR » Pushing a 50F Syn quilt below its rating.
September 07, 9:39pm

Re Re Re win, win, win
Really Ken you fled the east? What ran you off? Or was it the mountains?

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Bear learns how to crack Garcia cans at Yosemite
September 07, 9:23pm

How about Powdered Nutella?
Next we need powdered Nutella! One summer camp I had my own personal jar of Nutella I'd bring to breakfast and put all over my pancakes. Everyone teased me about it until some teens made up a...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » New trail food intro: Powdered peanut butter
September 07, 9:14pm

Win-win-win
Yeah I think the folks in New York got tired of saying "No Luke we can't do that here." I did have some great friends in both states and they are both nice places. I just didn&#...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Bear learns how to crack Garcia cans at Yosemite
September 07, 6:34pm

All Reader Reviews by Luke Schmidt

Luke Schmidt has posted no reviews.