BPL Community Profile

Luke Schmidt (Cameron) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale The WOODS
About Me Pursuing Christ, relationships, and adventure in that order. Nicknamed "Chief" because I grew up with a tribe of vegetarian cannibals on a small island off the coast of Iowa.
CityMidland TX
StateTexas
CountryUnited States
My Website URLhttp://westtexasmountainman.wordpress.com/

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Luke Schmidt

Showing 281 - 290 of 2082 | Page: 1 ...20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ...209

Forum » Thread

Teach them
I'm all for "unplugging" but kids that are used to constant stimulation need to be taught how to enjoy the woods. That is why I like things like knives and fire, most kids can't ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Ideas for UL Activities When Hiking with Your kids
November 09, 10:34pm

Activities for kids
If there isn't a burn ban fire is great. Start with matches then progress to more advanced options. I bring a bag full of 100 or so cotton balls and a magnesium fire starter. The key is to s...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Ideas for UL Activities When Hiking with Your kids
November 09, 9:31pm

Re PM Sent
If by some chance the deal on the Artic1000 falls through I'll buy it.

In Gear Swap » FS: Odds and Ends (and an old Arctic 1000)
November 08, 8:23pm

Who is Really in Charge
+1 on "Be Nice." I'd say we discuss the "Three G's" fairly well considering how controversial they are. I can always skip those discussions if I want. Its hard not...

In Website & Forum Admin/Support » BPL wants input on proposed forum code of conduct
November 03, 10:22pm

Love It!
Way to go Ike, the sense of humor you bring to all the little quarks kids have that can drive adults up a tree. You've inspired me I need to write up "K-SUL Primer for Hiking with Boy...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » K-SUL: A Primer for Ultralight Hiking with Kids
November 03, 9:23pm

Only with knife?
I wonder if the gunshot slowed the bear down at all? I don't doubt a knife would could kill a bear. I just wonder if the bear would have lived long enough to do more damage if it hadn't a...

In Chaff » Man kills grizzly with...knife.
November 01, 4:54pm

Bivy
I use a MLD bivy, its water resistant but not water proof, I use it under a tarp. Equinox makes a similar but cheaper bivy that I used for a long time. The floor isn't the greatest qualit...

In Gear Lists » Smoky Mountain Winter Gear List.... Help Please!!!
October 20, 9:38pm

Re Re Re Jerry
"maybe it's a myth that liberals and conservatives can't agree with each other" haha I've enjoyed watching both sides make each other's arguments.

In GEAR » quadcopter/drones for backpacking (the future is coming)
October 20, 10:37am

Re Jerry
That is a good point. Its easier to send in a drone then a Marine unit so presidents can get careless. Personally I think drones are great, we just need to rethink the moral and legal limits ...

October 20, 10:12am

Re Re Re Re Re Re al-Awlaki
There is an interesting free video on Stratfor.com discussing the issue of technology and war. Basically they argue precision weapons have changed how wars will be fought and the moral calculation...

October 20, 9:45am

All Reader Reviews by Luke Schmidt

Luke Schmidt has posted no reviews.