BPL Community Profile

Luke Schmidt (Cameron) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale The WOODS
About Me Pursuing Christ, relationships, and adventure in that order. Nicknamed "Chief" because I grew up with a tribe of vegetarian cannibals on a small island off the coast of Iowa.
CityMidland TX
StateTexas
CountryUnited States

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Luke Schmidt

Showing 281 - 290 of 2059 | Page: 1 ...20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ...206

Forum » Thread

Absaroka Pack
+1 on the Absaroka if you can find one.

In GEAR » Favorite pack for less than $200?
September 29, 8:15pm

Re
I don't have any five year old stuff but here are some ideas. Check SierraTradingPost.com for pants and clothes. I don't think he has to have zip off pants to be comfortable (unless he wa...

In Gear Swap » WTB Boys 5T gear and some winter gear for dad
September 29, 7:03pm

Exped
I like the Exped 45/60. It meets all your requirements but its got a tallish frame so if you have small volume loads you might not like it as much as I do.

In GEAR » Favorite pack for less than $200?
September 29, 1:35pm

Re Re Where did you go Jennifer
Well sorry for the thread drift but based on the earlier Texas thread I'm glad you found a place to go. I'm too far away for Lake Georgetown so I'll be checking out the Guads soon.

In GEAR » Want to give a shout out to Zimmerpacks
September 28, 10:17pm

Where did you go Jennifer
Jennifer glad you found a place to hiker in Texas (I'm assuming you did it in Texas). Where'd you go?

In GEAR » Want to give a shout out to Zimmerpacks
September 28, 9:33pm

I need one
Not exactly UL but that would be a fun summer camp/car camping toy. I still prefer a gorilla costume though, we did so many pranks back in the day with a gorilla outfit.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » New sleeping bag to scare the hell out of your tent mate...
September 28, 1:48pm

Re Re Re Re Central Texas Hikes
Come to think of it there is a trail association that is working on a 32 mile trail in the area, I think its closer to San Antonio. Its going to be a multi-use, not totally wilderness trail but it...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Central Texas hikes
September 26, 5:48pm

Re Re Central Texas Hikes
Lost Maples and Enchanted Rock are some good options for day hikes. You might consider mountain biking as a better sport for Texas. I never got into it but there seemed to be more biking trails t...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Central Texas hikes
September 26, 3:54pm

Re Making a Blanket
I believe you can buy 7.5 oz insulation from some of the suppliers. I looked into it once but ended up finding such a good deal I never made one. I think layering two insulation would be tricky. ...

In Gear Lists » Clothing / Sleeping help for Tennessee in October
September 25, 5:23pm

Wish I'd seen this earlier
I wish I'd been able to read this before heading out to the Teton Wilderness and Wind River range this past summer. Its articles like this that keep me coming back to BPL. Any recommendat...

In Editor's Roundtable » Techniques for Talus
September 24, 8:07pm

All Reader Reviews by Luke Schmidt

Luke Schmidt has posted no reviews.