Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Barry P (BarryP) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Eastern Idaho (moved from Midwest)
About Me Electrical Engineer by trade. Hobbies include recumbent bike riding, magic, piano, music compostion and of course backpacking.

Backpack monthly with scouts or other small group. Love the exercise and alertness it brings. Ray Way caught my eye in 2001. My load lightened. Because of that, able to go faster, farther, AND still smell the roses. Love the lightweight insight on this forum. I'm also a Teva sandal backpacker. My feet love them.
StateID
My PDF Gear ListBarry's Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Barry P

Showing 281 - 290 of 390 | Page: 1 ...20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39

Forum » Thread

Re: Loss of Loft Marmot Helium?
“Is there any way to get the loft back?” I found an interesting article “How long can original fill power be maintained? Research on this subject is ongoing. Using steam conditioning, IDF...

In GEAR » Loss of Loft Marmot Helium?
January 15, 8:13am

Re: Footwear for hiking in sand
Your feet and body really get a work out on sand. The feet will get hot. Even though I go 15-20 miles/day, I drop to 10-12 miles/day in sand. I use my any-situation footwear (30F – 120F, rain...

In GEAR » Footwear for hiking in sand
January 08, 12:55pm

Re: Will my feet stay warm?
“It's a snug fit inside the shoe” I don’t know how you can handle this. Snug invites numb toes and cold feet. I would suggest finding a way to loosen the layers up. -Barry

In GEAR » Will my feet stay warm?
January 04, 4:45pm

Re: Re: Polycryo
“What do you do after it is unfolded and gets dirty? Do you throw it away and use another piece or what?” That’s what I usually do with a 1 mil painter’s cloth; well, maybe after 7 days. ...

In GEAR » Polycryo vs. window treatment from home improvement store
January 04, 4:40pm

Re: Polycryo vs. window treatment from home improvement store
What I’ve noticed is there are 2 types of window treatments; an outside version and an inside version. The ‘outside’ version is heavier (2.5oz for same area) than GG’s polycro (1.5oz) so I...

In GEAR » Polycryo vs. window treatment from home improvement store
January 04, 4:14pm

Re: Re: 4.5 ounce Demo Z-pack Tarp
Fully enclosed sure is nice in the high density ant hill, mosquito, and fly areas. You don’t have to worry about plugging every gap in your tent. Plus staying with an all mesh bottom should simpl...

In GEAR » Joe Valesko of Zpack's new 9oz tent
December 30, 4:27pm

Re: several months later...
The moment I feel a heel or arch pain, I fix it on the spot or pay mucho later. This is done (if standing) by holding the toes up for about 30 seconds. Like others have said, it’s a great help...

In Philosophy & Technique » dealing with heel pain
December 30, 4:18pm

Re: Re: sleeping in the extremes
“Conductive heat loss in your home is through the surface skin of the house. If you fill up your bathtub with water at the same temperature as the air in your home, it won't take any more ene...

In Winter Hiking » sleeping in the extremes
December 30, 3:44pm

Re: Re: sleeping in the extremes
“It doesn't take any energy to keep a mass at a given temperature.” I wish you would tell my electric bill that :(. And happy new year too! -Barry

December 30, 1:06pm

Re: sleeping in the extremes
“If I breathe through a fleece neck gaiter it frosts up and drives me nuts. Any solutions?” Well here’s what I do; At 5F conditions, after I have closed the hood so only my mouth and nose...

December 30, 12:10pm

All Reader Reviews by Barry P

Barry P has posted no reviews.