Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Barry P (BarryP) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Eastern Idaho (moved from Midwest)
About Me Electrical Engineer by trade. Hobbies include recumbent bike riding, magic, piano, music compostion and of course backpacking.

Backpack monthly with scouts or other small group. Love the exercise and alertness it brings. Ray Way caught my eye in 2001. My load lightened. Because of that, able to go faster, farther, AND still smell the roses. Love the lightweight insight on this forum. I'm also a Teva sandal backpacker. My feet love them.
My PDF Gear ListBarry's Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Barry P

Showing 281 - 290 of 396 | Page: 1 ...20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40

Forum » Thread

Re: Squall Classic with 47in LT3 Trekking Poles
My LT3 is 115cm (45”). I have just been using the pole/LT3 straight up. I like putting the tip up in the grommet. That looks more secure (stitching wise) than putting the handle in the pocket bec...

In GEAR » Squall Classic with 47in LT3 Trekking Poles
April 26, 4:41pm

Re: Keeping two Neoairs together
You probably have a lighter method than me. I didn’t modify our neoairs. I straddle them on a GG Thinlight. That provided enough grip to hold them together (for us). Another item I use sometim...

In GEAR » Keeping two Neoairs together
April 22, 8:25am

Re: Hot Weather Socks
I salute you my man for helping those countries out! “The temp gets to about 140 degrees F. I bought a pair of Asolo FSN 95 GTX boots and now I'm looking for socks. Can anyone please recom...

In GEAR » Hot Weather Socks
April 20, 10:16am

Re: Which footwear for wet cold weekend?
“Any thoughts or recommendations on any of the above?” Sorry, can’t recommend any of them. I use my teva terra fi2 in all terrain and temperatures 20F-120F. It makes for such a flexible s...

In GEAR » Which footwear for wet cold weekend?
April 20, 9:57am

Re: Joe Valesko of Zpack's new 9oz tent
Good thing I ordered last week since Joe upped his price and lengthened the delivery! -Barry

In GEAR » Joe Valesko of Zpack's new 9oz tent
February 25, 4:40pm

Re: External Pad Pocket versus Sweat
I’ve used a Gust and lately a Pinnacle (for long trips or if I’m carrying for 2). And I’ve used the Mariposa plus. My back sweats like a pig with these styles of packs. I don’t like wet ba...

In GEAR » External Pad Pocket versus Sweat
January 18, 1:41pm

Re: Loss of Loft Marmot Helium?
“Is there any way to get the loft back?” I found an interesting article “How long can original fill power be maintained? Research on this subject is ongoing. Using steam conditioning, IDF...

In GEAR » Loss of Loft Marmot Helium?
January 15, 8:13am

Re: Footwear for hiking in sand
Your feet and body really get a work out on sand. The feet will get hot. Even though I go 15-20 miles/day, I drop to 10-12 miles/day in sand. I use my any-situation footwear (30F – 120F, rain...

In GEAR » Footwear for hiking in sand
January 08, 12:55pm

Re: Will my feet stay warm?
“It's a snug fit inside the shoe” I don’t know how you can handle this. Snug invites numb toes and cold feet. I would suggest finding a way to loosen the layers up. -Barry

In GEAR » Will my feet stay warm?
January 04, 4:45pm

Re: Re: Polycryo
“What do you do after it is unfolded and gets dirty? Do you throw it away and use another piece or what?” That’s what I usually do with a 1 mil painter’s cloth; well, maybe after 7 days. ...

In GEAR » Polycryo vs. window treatment from home improvement store
January 04, 4:40pm

All Reader Reviews by Barry P

Barry P has posted no reviews.