Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Barry P (BarryP) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Eastern Idaho (moved from Midwest)
About Me Electrical Engineer by trade. Hobbies include recumbent bike riding, magic, piano, music compostion and of course backpacking.

Backpack monthly with scouts or other small group. Love the exercise and alertness it brings. Ray Way caught my eye in 2001. My load lightened. Because of that, able to go faster, farther, AND still smell the roses. Love the lightweight insight on this forum. I'm also a Teva sandal backpacker. My feet love them.
StateID
My PDF Gear ListBarry's Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Barry P

Showing 281 - 290 of 384 | Page: 1 ...20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39

Forum » Thread

Re: several months later...
The moment I feel a heel or arch pain, I fix it on the spot or pay mucho later. This is done (if standing) by holding the toes up for about 30 seconds. Like others have said, it’s a great help...

In Philosophy & Technique » dealing with heel pain
December 30, 4:18pm

Re: Re: sleeping in the extremes
“Conductive heat loss in your home is through the surface skin of the house. If you fill up your bathtub with water at the same temperature as the air in your home, it won't take any more ene...

In Winter Hiking » sleeping in the extremes
December 30, 3:44pm

Re: Re: sleeping in the extremes
“It doesn't take any energy to keep a mass at a given temperature.” I wish you would tell my electric bill that :(. And happy new year too! -Barry

December 30, 1:06pm

Re: sleeping in the extremes
“If I breathe through a fleece neck gaiter it frosts up and drives me nuts. Any solutions?” Well here’s what I do; At 5F conditions, after I have closed the hood so only my mouth and nose...

December 30, 12:10pm

Re: Pros and cons of this neoair setup please
I have both regular and short and have used both. I feel more comfortable on the short. My wife likes the regular. And my 18 year old son likes the regular. He claims to have better sleep on it tha...

In GEAR » Pros and cons of this neoair setup please
December 29, 8:05am

Re: Joe Valesko of Zpack's new 9oz tent
Can it be set up decently with a fixed length pole (115cm)? -Barry

In GEAR » Joe Valesko of Zpack's new 9oz tent
December 21, 3:37pm

Re: Free $20.00 from backcountry
Got mine Dec 17th. I ordered a First Need cartridge. They shipped it the same day. I don't know how they pick who gets the 'email'. I spent about $130 with them this past year. -B...

In Gear Deals » Free $20.00 from backcountry
December 21, 12:55pm

Re: NeoAir Leak-Down
“I have leak tested it by going over it with a soap solution. No detectable leaks fabric or valve.” I have done this on a Women’s Prolite 4 because it had a real slow leak somewhere. And I...

In GEAR » NeoAir Leak-Down
December 15, 4:10pm

Re: Your best gear of 2009
1. GG Murmur. The pack is made out of Spinnaker with a sit pad; 8.0oz 2. short Neo Air; 9.0oz 3. teva terra fi2 sandals. Never a blister and my feet stay warm or cool depending on my sock. I’m ...

In GEAR » Your best gear of 2009
December 07, 4:04pm

Re: Unique Foot Problem, Got Advice?
“I started off using waterproof boots, and would change my socks once a day.” In this situation, I’ve found that socks need to be diligently changed every hour for a highly sweaty guy. ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Unique Foot Problem, Got Advice?
November 13, 3:44pm

All Reader Reviews by Barry P

Barry P has posted no reviews.