BPL Community Profile

Barry P (BarryP) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Eastern Idaho (moved from Midwest)
About Me Electrical Engineer by trade. Hobbies include recumbent bike riding, magic, piano, music compostion and of course backpacking.

Backpack monthly with scouts or other small group. Love the exercise and alertness it brings. Ray Way caught my eye in 2001. My load lightened. Because of that, able to go faster, farther, AND still smell the roses. Love the lightweight insight on this forum. I'm also a Teva sandal backpacker. My feet love them.
StateID
My PDF Gear ListBarry's Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Barry P

Showing 281 - 290 of 312 | Page: 1 ...13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32

Forum » Thread

sleeves
Mad777, Yep, JRB is what I’m thinking of. I’ve dealt with them but haven’t bought the arm warmers yet. Yes, they are top notch. I love their Stealth quilt. halfturbo, Thanx for the heads...

In GEAR » How much do vests help?
September 03, 12:22pm

Re: How much do vests help?
I think I’m made weird. I never could get used to the vest, though I wanted to because it is soooo light. It made my torso toooo hot while my arms got toooo cold. I need the anti-vest (sleeves...

In GEAR » How much do vests help?
September 02, 1:52pm

Re: Non-slip rug pads for Slippery Silnylon?
“I have seen pads with much more open gridwork in the past but don't know where to find them at this point. Has anybody tried this technique?” Yes. And they also work very well. And t...

In GEAR » Sliding pad
August 28, 1:13pm

Re: re: Sliding pad
"A GG thinlight ..." That's the way I do it also. Keeps the tent floor nice. Otherwise the stripes pick up fine dust after a few nights. -Barry

In GEAR » Sliding pad
August 27, 3:06pm

Re: How heavy is the shirt on my back?
“Anyone care to step up with a rationale for or experience lightening the shirt on their back?” Sorry. I’m just going to repeat Bill’s experience. If I’m in hot humid weather, I want a...

In GEAR » How heavy is the shirt on my back?
August 25, 1:06pm

Re: YASST yet another side sleeper thread
“My next thought: 1. Really thick open cell foam, perhaps a couple layers of cheap egg-crate mattress topper with a waterproof sleeve if needed. Any thoughts? Even heavy ones?” My rand...

In GEAR » YASST yet another side sleeper thread
August 25, 12:54pm

Re: Comfortable but not my cup of tea
“I had blown out my large toe nail one day and decided to hike in my Tevas. Solved the toe nail problem and gave me another: plantar fascitis. I still have to deal with my heels from that hike a ...

In Editor's Roundtable » Sandals for Summer Backpacking
August 20, 1:21pm

Re: stuff in the sandal
“…or well placed skepticism.” Chris, It is well placed skepticism. For the sandals you have, plan on always picking up stuff. It’s a pain. Closed-in-toe sandals are a hassle in a lot of...

August 20, 10:34am

Sandals for Summer Backpacking
Nice article Chris. I enjoyed your first time sandal experience “I wore the boots in camp for warmth, as it was often frosty, but I walked the whole route in sandals,..” Too funny. I would l...

August 20, 7:04am

Re: homemade mummy coupler insert?
“Can you say any more about your project? Materials, dimensions, weight, images?” Hello tippymcstagger, Here’s some details: -My wife is the sewer (that word doesn’t look right). She b...

In GEAR » Mountain Hardwear Phantom 32 vs. Western Mountaineering Summerlite
August 19, 8:36am

All Reader Reviews by Barry P

Barry P has posted no reviews.