BPL Community Profile

Barry P (BarryP) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Eastern Idaho (moved from Midwest)
About Me Electrical Engineer by trade. Hobbies include recumbent bike riding, magic, piano, music compostion and of course backpacking.

Backpack monthly with scouts or other small group. Love the exercise and alertness it brings. Ray Way caught my eye in 2001. My load lightened. Because of that, able to go faster, farther, AND still smell the roses. Love the lightweight insight on this forum. I'm also a Teva sandal backpacker. My feet love them.
StateID
My PDF Gear ListBarry's Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Barry P

Showing 281 - 290 of 351 | Page: 1 ...17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Permethrin experience
“My Permethrin is Repel brand Permanone -- a spray available at Wally World, etc.” That stuff works good. It kills ticks as they crawl on my socks. With it on the hat, the mosquitoes usually...

In GEAR » Mosquito Protection
March 05, 1:13pm

Re: trekking pole question
Comments from above: “i also don't want fixed length poles.” How come? Most people set their poles at one length and do the entire hike that way. They don’t want to keep readjusting...

In GEAR » trekking pole question
February 27, 3:42pm

Re: Wet Back of Shirt
I don’t like wet backs because when you stop for a break, take the pack off, whew! Instant freeze (for cooler days). For hot days, I don’t like wet backs because the sweat will run down the leg...

In GEAR » Wet Back of Shirt
February 25, 2:21pm

Re: Re: WTB: FS: Trekking Poles
An edit to my original post. They are not 110cm. They are 113 cm (44.5”) from bottom of carbide tip to top of handle. Still for sale. -Barry

In Gear Swap » WTB: Trekking Poles
February 24, 9:27am

Re: choosing an alcohol stove
If you want everything to fit in your titan kettle, take less volume and be lower cost than the c cone, I find this to be fast and efficient: the open jet burner. This is the setup I use the most. ...

In GEAR » choosing an alcohol stove
February 20, 2:58pm

Re: Most expensive?
5 years ago I got my WM MegaLite for $280. About 3 years ago, I paid close to the same price for my GG Squall Classic.

In GEAR » Most expensive?
February 20, 2:02pm

Re: WTB: Trekking Poles
“I'm looking for a pair of trekking poles. Let me know what you've got.” I have some Gossamer Gear Lightrkek 2004. The Originals. Good condition. Black foam handle (which I think is ...

In Gear Swap » WTB: Trekking Poles
February 19, 4:21pm

Re: Shelter predicament
Yea, that’s why I say I don’t feel I have the tent set up right yet. My inadequacies are revealed in thunderstorms. I do great with other Tarptents. However, sometimes I do erect the DR very ni...

In GEAR » Shelter predicament
February 19, 6:54am

Re: Re: Re: Rain Suit vs. Poncho
“just roll my thoroughfare trousers up in hot weather.” That is a cool idea :)!. How do you keep the pants from unrolling during heavy walking? I would like to roll the pants above the knee....

In GEAR » Poncho vs Rain Jacket and Pants
February 17, 1:30pm

Re: Re: Why is a reference (w/o links) to Ebay or White Blaze not allowed - please explain
“I think the best way to go about it is this: 1. List it on BPL gear swap 2. If it doesn't sell after a week or so, post a follow-up message stating that you are now advertising it on ebay/...

In Gear Swap » JRB NS, Nano bivy, GG bag, MLD 2/3 quilt
February 17, 11:43am

All Reader Reviews by Barry P

Barry P has posted no reviews.