Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Barry P (BarryP) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Eastern Idaho (moved from Midwest)
About Me Electrical Engineer by trade. Hobbies include recumbent bike riding, magic, piano, music compostion and of course backpacking.

Backpack monthly with scouts or other small group. Love the exercise and alertness it brings. Ray Way caught my eye in 2001. My load lightened. Because of that, able to go faster, farther, AND still smell the roses. Love the lightweight insight on this forum. I'm also a Teva sandal backpacker. My feet love them.
StateID
My PDF Gear ListBarry's Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Barry P

Showing 281 - 290 of 358 | Page: 1 ...17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36

Forum » Thread

Yankz Re: Re: Tyvek jacket? - Yanks?
I got my Yankz jacket form here a couple of years back http://www.sportshell.com/ I have 2 types of those jackets (with nice cuffs and w/o). And I also have the pants. They are a very soft tyv...

In GEAR » Tyvek jacket?
April 15, 10:11am

Re: Permathren
“How often do you have to re-apply Permathren to the clothing ? (every day, after washing, after rain, etc)” From http://www.sawyerproducts.com/faqpermethrin.htm “an application lasts fo...

In GEAR » Mosquitoes & Black Flies vs Clothing
April 03, 2:49pm

Re: Help packing up my Tarptent
“How do you pack up and put away a Tarptent Rainshadow. I had a really tough time getting it back into the stuff sack. Is there a special way of folding it?” The regular Rainshadow, that I h...

In GEAR » Help packing up my Tarptent
April 03, 2:30pm

Re: Six Moon Designs
"go with the Wild Oasis " How did you like it in the summer heat? Thanx, -Barry

In GEAR » Your Favorite 3-Season Solo Tarp Tent, Double Wall Tent or Tarp + Bivvy?
March 23, 2:33pm

Re: Set up time
“Do you think it would atleast be equivalent to the BA Seedhouse due to the face that you have to erect the fly and tent separately as opposed to the single wall design of the TTs?” I’ve n...

In GEAR » Big Agnes Seedhouse SL2 vs. TT-Cloudburst
March 09, 3:39pm

Re: Big Agnes Seedhouse SL2 vs. TT-Cloudburst
“So fast setup time is a must.” I own or owned a Virga, GG Squall Classic, Cloudburst (1), Rainshadow, and Double Rainbow. Out of all of them, the Cloudburst took the longest to setup--- may...

In GEAR » Big Agnes Seedhouse SL2 vs. TT-Cloudburst
March 09, 2:34pm

Re: New Tarptents. It's official !
This is what I have been waiting for! My wife will probably make me sell about 3 tents first. -Barry

In GEAR » New Tarptents. It's official !
March 09, 2:07pm

Re: Re: Permethrin experience
“My Permethrin is Repel brand Permanone -- a spray available at Wally World, etc.” That stuff works good. It kills ticks as they crawl on my socks. With it on the hat, the mosquitoes usually...

In GEAR » Mosquito Protection
March 05, 1:13pm

Re: trekking pole question
Comments from above: “i also don't want fixed length poles.” How come? Most people set their poles at one length and do the entire hike that way. They don’t want to keep readjusting...

In GEAR » trekking pole question
February 27, 3:42pm

Re: Wet Back of Shirt
I don’t like wet backs because when you stop for a break, take the pack off, whew! Instant freeze (for cooler days). For hot days, I don’t like wet backs because the sweat will run down the leg...

In GEAR » Wet Back of Shirt
February 25, 2:21pm

All Reader Reviews by Barry P

Barry P has posted no reviews.