Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Matthew Marasco (BabyMatty) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Western/Central PA, Adirondacks
About Me Matthew Marasco has not added a biography yet.
CityNiagara Falls
StateNY
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Matthew Marasco

Showing 281 - 290 of 290 | Page: 1 ...10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

Forum » Thread

re:
What's your pad? Last spring I took my Lafuma Pro Down 650 to 27 degrees sleeping on a Thermarest Trail Lite. When I awoke the next morning, the eggs I brought for breakfast were mostly slush o...

In GEAR » Sleep system - how low can I go?
September 06, 11:57pm

BFT
I did the BFT July 26-28, it was awesome. Such a great variety of settings, and tons of wildlife. We saw four different rattlers, oh and I almost stepped on one. My avatar is from Minister Cree...

In Make Your Own Gear » Anyone use bubble wrap or Reflectix to supplement
September 06, 9:15pm

WillWeb
WillWeb, is that the Black Forest Trail in your avatar?

September 06, 7:59pm

Anyone using a camp chair?
It's the one luxury item I simply NEED to bring along every trip. It's great to have a little back support while sitting next to the fire or in my tent. I also use it to extend the leng...

In GEAR » Anyone using a camp chair?
September 06, 7:57pm

Re: Anyone use bubble wrap or Reflectix to supplement
That sounds ok for the type of trips I usually take (3-5 days, not much winter camping). With care, I believe the bubble wrap could last for a few days, and even if it failed I would still have a T...

September 06, 7:49pm

bubble pad
Seems like an easy enough way to get almost an inch of inflated air cushioning plus a bit of insulation from the foam for maybe 6 oz, right? Probably a bit heavier with the Reflectix, maybe 10 oz f...

September 06, 7:27pm

Anyone use bubble wrap or Reflectix to supplement
I was thinking of getting a ThinLite or BPL pad and supplementing it with a piece of bubble wrap or Reflectix underneath, or possibly creating a sandwich of wrap between two pads. I've searched...

September 06, 6:59pm

How fast do you hike?
I usually try to imagine I'm on a treadmill to gauge my speed. I generally shoot for a 3.2. Ascents and descents are completely different stories though.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » How fast do you hike?
August 16, 9:53am

ADK
Should be fine. I've got a Lafuma too, a 30 degree down. Kept it fully unzipped every night. The days were hot, pushing 90. The nights were cool. I'd say somewhere in the 50s. If you...

In GEAR » Five Ponds Adirondacks Conditions?
June 17, 7:09pm

ADK
I had an amazing trip through the W.C. Whitney Wilderness area last year in August. The black flies were ferocious! We had a portage of almost two miles and my arms and neck got chewed on most of t...

In GEAR » Five Ponds Adirondacks Conditions?
June 17, 5:45pm

All Reader Reviews by Matthew Marasco

Matthew Marasco has posted no reviews.