BPL Community Profile

Nick Gatel (ngatel) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Southern California
About Me Started backpacking in the 1960's and still going strong.
CityPalm Springs
StateCA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.popupbackpacker.com
My PDF Gear ListSub 4 lb

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Nick Gatel

Showing 271 - 280 of 5366 | Page: 1 ...19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ...537

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Let's Start Over From The Beginning
"Why do I suspect the sole reason for this entire post was this last line?" Male fixation on pp's ?

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » I say let's decide on a general consensus of Ultralight definitions and terms.
January 09, 9:43am

Let's Start Over From The Beginning
Cesar has good intentions. Let's stop criticizing and think the subject through. First step is to go back are re-read my dissertation on the case for the English System of Weights and Measur...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » I say let's decide on a general consensus of Ultralight definitions and terms.
January 09, 1:22am

Re: This ain't Pizza
Cesar has been trying really hard to make a serious attempt at something he thinks should be considered. Let's give him credit and applaud the effort. The guy hikes a lot and posts some pretty ...

January 08, 8:21pm

Bingo! We have a winner!
"I guess I could just forgo shelters all together, but then I feel like I will miss out on a social aspect of the trail." Good plan all around, IMO.

In GEAR » Durability of OPsacks?
January 08, 8:15pm

Re: Re: Cesar
"giggle... the SUL/XUL classifications were added by me." LOL.

January 08, 7:52pm

Re: Question for fellow side sleepers
Many quilt users prefer a full sleeping bag for colder weather, let's say around 20F. I like quilts, but was hesitant at first. I bought a used synthetic quilt here on BPL years ago, that wa...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Question for fellow side sleepers
January 08, 3:32pm

Re: consensus
I do XUL, SUL, UL, and LW. None of them define me. There is no better pizza than my lovely wife's Campground Baby Q Pizza, baked in a Weber brand Baby Q Grill!! It is a Friday night camping ...

January 08, 2:39pm

Re: The Notch, in the wind, on a platform
I don't understand why anyone would want to sleep on one of those platform thingies. Is it required by law?

In GEAR » The Notch, in the wind, on a platform
January 08, 2:27pm

Re: Re: Re: Feeling safe and secure
Often relationships require compromises. If my wife enjoyed exactly the same things as me, the marriage might get boring. She will never, ever be willing to sleep on the ground. She is thrilled to ...

In Philosophy & Technique » helping girlfriend reduce weight - personal fears
January 08, 9:57am

Re: Best ABC watch for off trail travels
"Obviously the compass part of watch is not necessary but typically are part of these style watches." I just use the squiggly lines on my map to determine the altitude. ;)

In GEAR » Best ABC watch for off trail travels
January 07, 2:52pm

All Reader Reviews by Nick Gatel

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

BPL Beartooth Merino Wool Hoody
Cool enough in 82F weather, warm in cool weather. Hood replaces light cap and light baclava. One piece of gear replaces several single items! Sizing is not 'standard.' But... if you review ...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - WOOL
March 09, 11:38pm

ULA Equipment
5/5 It seems that from earlier reviews, ULA has solved the communication issues with the addition of Casey to the staff, which must have solved that void. Not only was the communication great (t...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
February 23, 1:49am