BPL Community Profile

robert v (mtnbob123) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Upstate South Carolina
About Me Father, Backpacker, Canoeist, Special Ed Teacher
--Starting to explore the ultralight philosophy as I get older just so I can keep up with my sons on the trail!!!
CitySpartanburg
StateSC

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by robert v

Showing 271 - 280 of 342 | Page: 1 ...16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35

Forum » Thread

Lightgear Solong 6
I have an early production model of the Solong 6 and I'm not sure how yours is set up, but I changed the velcro on my ridgepole to make it more solid. I just keep the ridgepole attached at all ...

In GEAR » Easy to pitch sub-2 lb tent?
October 23, 2:59pm

How hard is it to put a headhole in the middle of a down quilt?
Since I now have a down quilt on order, I was wondering how tough it would be to put a headhole in it ala Sierra Sniveler. Any hints or suggestion? I'm picturing myself sitting in the middle of...

In Make Your Own Gear » How hard is it to put a headhole in the middle of a down quilt?
October 23, 2:53pm

Lightgear modification
Thanks for the heads up. It looks like stacked polyfoam. Where did you get it? Packing material reuse? It is true I have been in some serious rain and in some serious wind on top of Siler Bald near...

October 23, 2:34pm

Nice Work!
Very Nice!!!

In Make Your Own Gear » New Bivy
October 23, 12:35pm

Lightheart Gear Solong 6 setup
Another observation about the Lightheart Gear ridge pole is quite a bit more solid of a connection than what I have seen on my friend's flexible connection on his SMD Skyscape Trekker. You just...

October 23, 12:31pm

Lightheart Gear
I know I am biased, but it is a very easy transition from a standard double wall tent to a Solong 6, as long as you use trekking poles anyway. On my last trip, both my girlfriend, who is short and ...

October 23, 9:55am

Lightheart Gear Solo or Solong 6
I have a Solong 6 but checked out the Solo too. Depending on your height and thickness of you pad and sleeping bag. Solo works for most, but I bought the Solong 6 because I really liked the extra l...

October 22, 11:53pm

WTB no-see-um 12-14" or full width leftovers
I recently acquired a SMD Vamp Tarp and would like to attempt to sew a approximately 12-14" wide piece of no-see-um mesh around the bottom, to try to make it more usable in the buggy Southeast...

In Gear Swap » WTB no-see-um 12-14" mesh scraps
October 21, 8:49pm

Smith Lenses
I would like the Smith lenses for $5. You don't even need to include the cases if you can package the lenses securely. Assuming the lense(s) are in excellent shape.

In Gear Swap » Screamin Deals On Closet Clean!!
October 20, 8:33pm

2nd on the Neo Air
: ) Ya never know

In Gear Swap » FS - closet cleaning... NeoAir, Snow Peak, Osprey, Petzl
October 20, 6:33pm

All Reader Reviews by robert v

Showing 1 - 6 of 6 | Page: 1

Review

Category

LightHeartGear Solong6 Cuben
Very nice tent, especially with the awning! Excellent reinforcement in wear areas. Sets up tight and the material lets in just the right amount of sunlight so that it is never gloomy inside, but still...

In Shelters - Single Wall Tents
September 27, 3:46am

Lawson Equipment Customer Service
I have ordered several times from Lawson. For some reason, something seems to get screwed up about every other order. I have eventually received everything, but it has taken several emails on several ...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
January 29, 10:14pm

Enlightened Equipment Revelation X
Love this Quilt! It is Huge(2.5"baffle, Wide and Long model- overstuffed ) but weighs very little(28oz in stuffsack). Very warm when cinched up tight, but still useable as a lightweight quilt in ...

In Sleeping Bags - Quilts & Top Bags
August 01, 11:35am

Lightheart Gear Tents Solong 6 Cuben Fiber with Awning
Large 1 person tent. Two friendly people can easily fit in this tent. It is very long, a...

In Shelters - Double Wall Tents
January 29, 7:09pm

Lightheart Gear
I have bought two Solong 6 tents from Judy and Mark at Lightheart Gear. I have one made of Sil-Nylon and one made of Cuben fiber. They have always been more than patient with me as I asked a thousand ...

January 29, 6:13pm

GoLite GoLite customer service
I returned a 12 year old Golite breeze pack and was told that they would replace it with a brand new Peak pack. It is on its way!!!!

August 06, 6:05am