BPL Community Profile

Jim Colten (jcolten) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale MN
About Me Jim Colten has not added a biography yet.
My PDF Gear Listtest

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Jim Colten

Showing 271 - 280 of 1855 | Page: 1 ...19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ...186

Forum » Thread

Re: Where would you like a midwest GGG be held
It might be best to hold multiple events but I would like to find what area would be best for the most people. Finding one location to generate the largest attendance may be a worthwhile goal bu...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Where would you like a midwest GGG be held
February 07, 11:34am

Re: +1 for Climashield
another +1 for climashield (if synthetic is what you need/want)

In GEAR » Looking for a synthetic quilt
February 05, 6:04pm

@Nick Re: @ Jerry
Concerning: The Constitution is about the limitation of government, not the conduct of individuals. It is not a charter of the Government's power; but about protecting individuals from governm...

In Chaff » Corporations are Soylent Green!
February 05, 5:50pm

Re: Marmot Arroyo and WM Megalite in Quilt Mode
I have used the Arroyo as a quilt. That was several years ago and I no longer own the bag so I can't measure it. The zipper was not short ... but did not extend all the way to the foot end .....

In GEAR » Marmot Arroyo and WM Megalite in Quilt Mode
January 27, 7:57am

Re: Let the Free Market Decide!!
@Micheal L who said I like true competition. So would I .... but it is SO rare. We do not have a functional market and have not for a long time. The only kind of competition you're likely ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » So....how do you all feel about Oregon??
January 25, 2:22pm

Re: Thanks, all...
Most of us married guys have some marital constraints ... I tell folks I can't buy at Walmart and stay married.

In GEAR » Stuffsack-with-straps as a daypack
January 25, 2:11pm

Re: Let the Free Market Decide!!
Guy gets a garunteed job and is lazy. Not quite. That there is a job there IS guaranteed ... that a any particular person gets and keeps that job is optional.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » So....how do you all feel about Oregon??
January 24, 9:56pm

Re: Mandatory pump jockeys: Let the Free Market Decide!!
Because the manpower to pump the gas increases the variable operating costs of the business, requiring the owner to charge more money for a gallon of gas So true. But that is also looking at th...

January 24, 9:50pm

Re: ha, ok ok.
I second the suggestion that you not be scared off by our extremes here. If anyone suggests that you need a meet a particular pack weight goal just politely remind them that it your hike, not thei...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Is there a decent non-lightweight forum?
January 21, 11:10am

price reduction bump: REI Downtime 15 sleeping bag
Price reduced in the OP

In Gear Swap » FS: REI Downtime 15 sleeping bag
January 17, 3:28am

All Reader Reviews by Jim Colten

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

TarpTent
My entry into the world of tarping was with Hernry's orginal squall. Later that year the Cloudburst was introduced. I contacted him about an idea of converting my squall to use an arched front p...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
December 30, 11:04am

Thru-Hiker.com
1) good products 2) friendly and useful help before ans after sale 3) great customer service I'd rate Thru-Hiker a 6 if that was an option

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
December 01, 8:10am

Minibull Designs Pocket Puck
Hector, I had similar experience .... but only the first time I lit it. Since then I've been giving the pocket puck about 15-30 seconds more warmup time and it has always stayed lit. There is a...

In Stoves - Alcohol
October 16, 6:04am