Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

George Matthews (gmatthews) - BPL Professional Member

My Locale George Matthews hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me George Matthews has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by George Matthews

Showing 271 - 280 of 1731 | Page: 1 ...19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ...174

Forum » Thread

Re: shoes for an overpronater
>> When you walk around town, walk fast or briskly. If you find you are bouncing up and down like a dork, you might be one... er, I mean you might be walking more on the front of your feet :)...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » shoes for an overpronater
April 30, 5:55pm

Re: Ritual
For all of us, our trips into the wilderness and then returning back is the act that most stirs our souls. All the great stories ever told begin and end with around a journey - legends or religio...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Summit/ Happy place rituals?
April 30, 2:35pm

Re: Re: Royal Wedding & BPL&Logic
lol. congrats rog! definitely a better use of time.

In Chaff » Royal Wedding & BPL
April 30, 1:37pm

Re: The Carbon Flame War (D vs R) a dramatization
Disclaimer: This is only a dramatization. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental.

In Chaff » The Carbon Flame War
April 30, 1:32pm

Re: Re: You Fix the Budget Deficit
Call it whatever you want, but CORPORATE welfare dollars are the same as POOR and/or ELDERLY FOLKS welfare dollars. The illusion that the former is GOOD for us and that the latter is BAD is crea...

In Chaff » You Fix the Budget Deficit
April 29, 11:03am

Re: No shuttle launch today
imo the launches of the mecury, gemini, and apollo missions during the sixties' space race to the Moon was so much better than the shuttles have been. For baby boomer kids it was sci-fi turning...

In Chaff » No shuttle launch today
April 29, 10:56am

Re: Re: Re: mld tarp poncho thing
Here is a MLD poncho tarp using line from tree to tree

In GEAR » setting up Golite poncho tarp
April 28, 8:31pm

Re: Re: golite tarp poncho thing
I'd forgotten this thread, but it really helped me. Here is the set up in Yosemite (Oct 2007) of golite poncho tarp. My son was using tarptent in picture. Was a great trip.

In GEAR » setting up Golite poncho tarp
April 28, 8:26pm

Re: Re: Inov 8 Shoes ... Just Another Cult ?
>> Terroc 330 By far one of my favorite runners. Mine are very worn down and overdue for replacement, but are not causing problems. I recently started using Fivefinger Treks. The transitio...

In GEAR » Inov 8 Shoes ... Just Another Cult ?
April 28, 11:14am

Re: Re: Re: Re: The Carbon Flame War Is On
Interesting how recent strange weather is not generating the warming discussions. I believe it was back in mid-70s when there was a super-tornado-something from the South up through the East. The c...

In Chaff » The Carbon Flame War
April 28, 11:06am

All Reader Reviews by George Matthews

Showing 1 - 10 of 52 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Review

Category

Backpacking Light Thorofare Trekking Pant
Backpacking Light Thorofare Trekking Pant Size L (my scale 4.1 oz) I'm 5'11" and 185 lb Very comfortable fit for me. Snaps on pant bottom (two settings gives flexibility) The p...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - SYNTHETIC
December 30, 4:28pm

Rocky Rocky GTX Socks
I use trailrunners (Inov8 Terrocs) and bought the Rocky GTX socks for cold, really messy weather. I gave them a few good tests this fall. I wore them over Smartwool socks (medium thickness). Fortun...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
December 30, 3:46pm

White Box Alcohol Stove
Got one in July for when I want to use alcohol stove for 2 - 3 hikers. Bought the combo from BPL Shop. T...

In Stoves - Alcohol
December 28, 12:21pm

Trail Designs Caldera Stove
Really nice system. All you need is the Mug. I usually boil 1.5 cups of water using about 3/4 oz (12 drams) or a bit less of denatured alcohol depending on the water's coldness. A secondary ben...

In Stoves - Alcohol
December 21, 1:14pm

Mountain Laurel Designs MLD 2Thirds XP Quilt
Per MLD: Shell Fabric: Momentum Mini Ripstop (Aegean Blue) Lining Fabric: Momentum Taffeta (Black) Insulation: ClimaShield XP 2.5oz/sq/yd 8.9 oz ClimaShield XP 2.5oz/sq/yd Top Width 43”, ...

In Sleeping Bags - Quilts & Top Bags
December 20, 4:36pm

Frogg Toggs Rain Suit
I know these have been around for a while, but I was itching to get something with the Print-Issue-RIP coupon. I tried them during a good rain on a cool day. They are comfy and kept me dry. Howe...

In Clothing - Raingear
December 20, 4:05pm

Backpacking Light Merino UL Pants
The pants are light and comfortable. I like to wear them under running shorts. I plan to integrate them into my clothing system for cool through cold weather. They were also nice under Precip pants...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - WOOL
December 20, 3:59pm

FireLite Trapper's Mug
FireLite 475ml Titanium Trapper's Mug Trapper's Mug Absolute simplicity! ...

In Cookware - Titanium
December 20, 2:50pm

BPL Beartooth Merino Wool Hoody
The Backpacking Light Beartooth Merino Wool Hoody The need for a single, functional, highly versatile garment that minimized layering changes during the Arctic 1000 expedition inspired Ryan Jordan ...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - WOOL
December 06, 1:52pm

Liqumins Electrolyte Stamina Power Pak OrangeBlast
I picked up a box of Liqumins Electrolyte Stamina Power Pak (Orange Blast) at Vitamin Shoppe. The product claims: "feel the difference or your money back". I thought, why not try it. Typi...

In Foods - Energy Bars, Gels, and Drinks
June 11, 6:14am