Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

David Goodyear (dmgoody) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale mid-west
About Me David Goodyear has not added a biography yet.
StateMIchigan
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by David Goodyear

Showing 271 - 280 of 402 | Page: 1 ...19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ...41

Forum » Thread

re
Thanks for the kind words everyone. I thought I would get flamed posting a 5lb pack here. who knows it may inspire an ultralight tube pack. Terry, I looked hard at the Mystery Ranch packs, bu...

In Make Your Own Gear » modular everything pack - SUH
May 31, 8:27pm

dry bag
I find the 3 tube system with the daypack adequate for now. I would use the dry bag in the winter to keep layers dry - or you could have your base gear in it and haul it up a tree and go search. It...

May 31, 8:03pm

weights
The SAR I just went on I carried 32 lbs. It was a dry SAR, so we had to hump in our own water. After we determine the search area, we set up a base camp and carry a daypack with rain gear and ER p...

May 31, 7:56pm

weights
Sorry, I should have posted weights. Yes, I ditched the shelf, striped the fabric, cut off the top and replaced the rickety pins with alum bolts. Hardware was chosen to be durable as I mainly bu...

May 31, 7:43pm

pack done
Hey Troy, I just posted the pics of my finished modular pack. Thanks for your help and inspiration Dave http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/thread_display.ht...

In Make Your Own Gear » Making Alice. Pack Project, v1.
May 31, 5:49pm

modular everything pack - SUH
Disclaimer: I know this is an ultra light site; I've had a subscription for a few years. I own an ultra light, and a medium weight pack. I also own an osprey crescent 75 - which tore me up l...

May 31, 5:46pm

nalgene adapter
Sorry for the bad link, but I own a wide mouth adapter, so I know they make them.I used it on the wide mouthcanteen to convert it to a bladder. I'll try to get you a link. I have used the Katad...

In Make Your Own Gear » Reverse will Camelbak without pump
April 07, 3:30pm

platy
Katadyn makes a quick-release connection kit that splices into the hose. It makes it so you can hook the pump hose directly into the bladder hose. I modified one to work with a gravity filter. I...

In Make Your Own Gear » Reverse will Camelbak without pump
April 05, 4:30am

mods
Michael, Good ideas for more mods. Since I mainly use this shelter for winter and non-bug seasons, I cut out the screens in the vents (they froze up anyway) and replace the heavy straps with p...

In Make Your Own Gear » Shangri La 3 mods: Adding grossgrain/webbing guy-out loops to a felled seam?
March 29, 6:31am

?rivets?
it looks like you have made some attachements with rivets. Are they brass? How do they hold up? Do you have a source? I want to make a sort of molle webbing, but find that the bar tack stitch ca...

In Make Your Own Gear » Making Alice. Pack Project, v1.
March 26, 8:45am

All Reader Reviews by David Goodyear

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

caldera cone w gram cracker esbit stove snow peak solo
Just returned from a 4 day bushwhacking trip. This setup achieved 2 near boils (small bubbles) per esbit tab. Morning and night temps in the mid 30's - water taken from cold creeks. I allotted 4 t...

In Stoves - Other
October 08, 7:52am

Big Agnes Seedhouse SL1
I bought this tent before becoming a member of this site. When I read the review of the SL-1, I was worried about its stability and durability. I am not a tarp camper so the seedhouse seemed to be the...

In Shelters - Double Wall Tents
August 12, 7:22am