Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

David Goodyear (dmgoody) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale mid-west
About Me David Goodyear has not added a biography yet.
StateMIchigan
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by David Goodyear

Showing 271 - 280 of 399 | Page: 1 ...19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ...40

Forum » Thread

weights
Sorry, I should have posted weights. Yes, I ditched the shelf, striped the fabric, cut off the top and replaced the rickety pins with alum bolts. Hardware was chosen to be durable as I mainly bu...

In Make Your Own Gear » modular everything pack - SUH
May 31, 7:43pm

pack done
Hey Troy, I just posted the pics of my finished modular pack. Thanks for your help and inspiration Dave http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/thread_display.ht...

In Make Your Own Gear » Making Alice. Pack Project, v1.
May 31, 5:49pm

modular everything pack - SUH
Disclaimer: I know this is an ultra light site; I've had a subscription for a few years. I own an ultra light, and a medium weight pack. I also own an osprey crescent 75 - which tore me up l...

In Make Your Own Gear » modular everything pack - SUH
May 31, 5:46pm

nalgene adapter
Sorry for the bad link, but I own a wide mouth adapter, so I know they make them.I used it on the wide mouthcanteen to convert it to a bladder. I'll try to get you a link. I have used the Katad...

In Make Your Own Gear » Reverse will Camelbak without pump
April 07, 3:30pm

platy
Katadyn makes a quick-release connection kit that splices into the hose. It makes it so you can hook the pump hose directly into the bladder hose. I modified one to work with a gravity filter. I...

In Make Your Own Gear » Reverse will Camelbak without pump
April 05, 4:30am

mods
Michael, Good ideas for more mods. Since I mainly use this shelter for winter and non-bug seasons, I cut out the screens in the vents (they froze up anyway) and replace the heavy straps with p...

In Make Your Own Gear » Shangri La 3 mods: Adding grossgrain/webbing guy-out loops to a felled seam?
March 29, 6:31am

?rivets?
it looks like you have made some attachements with rivets. Are they brass? How do they hold up? Do you have a source? I want to make a sort of molle webbing, but find that the bar tack stitch ca...

March 26, 8:45am

impressive
Good work ! What a timely post, as I am in the final planning stage of sewing my first pack. I just ordered the fabric and supplies. What did you use as the edging?? grosgrain? What materia...

March 25, 5:40pm

no runners
There hasn't been a need for runners. The terrain we hike is mostly forested, with small hills. We did hike the Porcupine Mountains last year, but I think it is a stretch to call them mountains...

In Make Your Own Gear » Bush-Worthy Pulk
January 26, 5:56am

mods - sled questions
Hi JIm, I like questions...I sure asked many when I was building this. First realize that your pulk will do fine on trails and in open areas where the snow is not too deep. The top attachmen...

In Make Your Own Gear » Bush-Worthy Pulk
January 25, 5:59am

All Reader Reviews by David Goodyear

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

caldera cone w gram cracker esbit stove snow peak solo
Just returned from a 4 day bushwhacking trip. This setup achieved 2 near boils (small bubbles) per esbit tab. Morning and night temps in the mid 30's - water taken from cold creeks. I allotted 4 t...

In Stoves - Other
October 08, 7:52am

Big Agnes Seedhouse SL1
I bought this tent before becoming a member of this site. When I read the review of the SL-1, I was worried about its stability and durability. I am not a tarp camper so the seedhouse seemed to be the...

In Shelters - Double Wall Tents
August 12, 7:22am