Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Carol Crooker (cmcrooker) - BPL Professional Member

My Locale Desert Southwest, USA
About Me I live and do a lot of my backpacking in the desert, but I LOVE the mountains of the west! I also get out to the east coast occasionally to backpack.
CityPhoenix
StateArizona
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListHammock, Lows to 40

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Carol Crooker

Showing 271 - 280 of 322 | Page: 1 ...14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33

Forum » Thread

Creature
Thanks Richard and Kristin! I added a note to the photo.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Notes from the Field: SuperUltraLight Hammocking on the Black Forest Trail in Pennsylvania
October 20, 10:52am

Ryan Jordan's SUL Winter Challenge
Hi all, So, our illustrious publisher and certified nut, Ryan Jordan, and I were chatting about the SUL challenge. He came up with this idea with no help from me... You all choose his SUL gear ...

In Gear Lists » Ryan Jordan's SUL Winter Challenge
October 19, 11:29am

modified G6
Hi Kevin, Gossamer Gear added the pockets, and yep, it's a pofessional job! It's an idea GVP was playing with. Don't know if he'll ever offer G6s with pockets. As to a sternum strap - I didn't ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Notes from the Field: SuperUltraLight Hammocking on the Black Forest Trail in Pennsylvania
October 19, 11:15am

Filling a Platy
Being a gram weenie and bandaid counter, I use the package of the last energy bar I ate to fill the Platy. If there is enough water, skimming the Platy fast over the surface (with mouth and part o...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Getting water in a 1L Platypus
September 06, 7:34am

Preferred hammock
Well... I also have a review of the Speer hammock coming out in the near future. So, which is better - Speer, Hennessy, or The Travel hammock? First - Hammocks are Good. Second - Depends. ...

In Editor's Roundtable » Notes from the Field: SuperUltraLight Tarp vs. Hammock in the High Uintas
August 31, 3:49pm

Materials and Weight
Hi all, I just published a SpotLite Review that should answer your questions about weight and material.

In GEAR » Ultralight Outfitters Beer Can Stove System for Esbit Fuel
August 26, 8:58am

Toad or Lizard?
Thanks Victor, take a look at the "creature" caption now.

In Editor's Roundtable » Ultralight Hammock Camping
August 07, 8:16am

Mountain Laurel Designs Pack
Hi Patti, Sounds like some great mods to the Travel Hammock! The Mountain Laurel Designs Prophet 25 pack is getting some more field testing by our editor Doug Johnson, including use on an attempt...

August 07, 8:08am

Horny toad
Thanks Ryan, Noted in the article. David - thanks!

August 04, 10:27am

bras
In the summer, I wear a long sleeved sun shirt to hike in. I usually start a trip wearing a sport top (Patagonia mesh), then leave it in my pack when I get sick of it. The sun shirt (RR Adventure...

In GEAR » bras: to wear or not to wear
July 20, 3:44pm

All Reader Reviews by Carol Crooker

Showing 1 - 5 of 5 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Coughlan's LED Clip-on Headlight
The Coughlan’s LED Clip-on Headlight is light weight, inexpensive and bright enough for around camp chores. The red filter is a nice feature to save night vision. I gave it a 3 of 5 because it was fru...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
August 07, 4:22pm

Coughlan's Micro Lantern
The Coughlan Micro Lantern is a tiny LED light shaped like a lantern. It has a clip ring on top so it can be hung from your tent zipper pull or the like. The light shines out in a 360 degree circle an...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
June 03, 5:16pm

Inov8 Terroc 330 - Men's
I love the way the Terrocs conform to my feet without needing to be tied too tightly. So - our feet are different or your Terrocs came laced differently than mine. Mine came with a heel locking lacing...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
June 27, 10:21pm

Wilderness First Aid Classes by WMI/NOLS
16 hour course on first aid in the backcountry. Lots of hands on scenarios for practice. The course I attended in AZ in May 2006 was taught by an EMT from Pennsylvania and an EMT/ski patroller from Co...

In First Aid and Survival Gear & Accessories
May 09, 1:06pm

Tilley LT5
Well I thought the LT5 was perfect until Ryan suggested it would be even better if it was lighter. But of course! And it's stylish too - at least we Tilley wearers think so. And Ryan, just slip on yo...

In Clothing - Headwear, Handwear
August 02, 6:30am