Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Carol Crooker (cmcrooker) - BPL Professional Member

My Locale Desert Southwest, USA
About Me I live and do a lot of my backpacking in the desert, but I LOVE the mountains of the west! I also get out to the east coast occasionally to backpack.
CityPhoenix
StateArizona
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListHammock, Lows to 40

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Carol Crooker

Showing 271 - 280 of 346 | Page: 1 ...16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35

Forum » Thread

Model Year
FYI, all the articles and reviews on BPL list the date published in the citation (fine print at the bottom of the article). We now list model year in the Specs on all reviews. It's a really good id...

In GEAR » Double Wall Tents Review Summary and Gear Guide Overview
April 14, 11:00am

Philmont Gear List
We'll be publishing a Philmont gear list next week.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Philmont Summer 2006 -
April 14, 10:13am

Re: philmont
Thanks Jeremy, but I'm looking for 2001 or later.

In Gear Lists » Ryan Jordan's SUL Winter Challenge
April 06, 12:24pm

Re: Missed philmont :-(
Hey, YOU don't have to be in the photo. Just some Scouts :)

April 05, 8:06pm

Re: SUL winter/SUL skin out?
Ryan F - Off topic - I'm looking for recent photos from Philmont (see forum 2715). Do you have any? Know anyone who has? The photos are for a Philmont Gear List we'll be publishing soon.

April 05, 7:34pm

FINALLY! THE RESULTS
Hi folks, I'm posting this for Ryan who is busy with that Skurka (C2C) guy :) "I was able to get one night in. Everything went great. Cold temps were about five below at night, highs in the day ...

April 05, 4:55pm

Philmont Photos, Looking For
Hey all you Scouters. We'll be publishing a gear list for Philmont this month. I'm looking for some recent photos to go with the article. I'd like at least one that somehow captures Philmont - a gr...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Philmont Photos, Looking For
April 04, 8:44am

Online Editorial Calendar
The Online Editorial Calendar is now available. Click the button under Resources in the left column on the home page or... Online Editorial Calendar It doesn't include everything we have planne...

In Chaff » BPL double charging?
March 22, 9:11pm

Editorial Calendar
The Online Editorial Calendar is now available. Click the button under Resources in the left column on the home page or... Online Editorial Calendar It doesn't include everything we have planne...

In Chaff » Throwing In The Towel
March 22, 8:59pm

Author submissions, David
Hi David, Send author submissions to: submissions@backpackinglight.com We'll get that address linked to the Info for authors page. Thanks for bringing it to our attention. Carol

In Chaff » Throwing In The Towel
March 22, 9:35am

All Reader Reviews by Carol Crooker

Showing 1 - 5 of 5 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Coughlan's LED Clip-on Headlight
The Coughlan’s LED Clip-on Headlight is light weight, inexpensive and bright enough for around camp chores. The red filter is a nice feature to save night vision. I gave it a 3 of 5 because it was fru...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
August 07, 4:22pm

Coughlan's Micro Lantern
The Coughlan Micro Lantern is a tiny LED light shaped like a lantern. It has a clip ring on top so it can be hung from your tent zipper pull or the like. The light shines out in a 360 degree circle an...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
June 03, 5:16pm

Inov8 Terroc 330 - Men's
I love the way the Terrocs conform to my feet without needing to be tied too tightly. So - our feet are different or your Terrocs came laced differently than mine. Mine came with a heel locking lacing...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
June 27, 10:21pm

Wilderness First Aid Classes by WMI/NOLS
16 hour course on first aid in the backcountry. Lots of hands on scenarios for practice. The course I attended in AZ in May 2006 was taught by an EMT from Pennsylvania and an EMT/ski patroller from Co...

In First Aid and Survival Gear & Accessories
May 09, 1:06pm

Tilley LT5
Well I thought the LT5 was perfect until Ryan suggested it would be even better if it was lighter. But of course! And it's stylish too - at least we Tilley wearers think so. And Ryan, just slip on yo...

In Clothing - Headwear, Handwear
August 02, 6:30am