Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Will Rietveld (WilliWabbit) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Southwest Colorado
About Me Will Rietveld Ph.D, Senior Editor for Gear and Apparel, joined the BPL staff in April 2004. In his former career, Will was a research scientist, project manager, and R&D program administrator. Now retired, he lives in southern Colorado where he takes up a new career of backpacking year-round in the mountains and canyon country of the Southwest. During the summer months Will and his wife Janet are volunteer wilderness rangers in the Weminuche Wilderness. He has been a lightweight backpacker for 52 years and an ultralight backpacker for 13 years.
CityDurango
StateColorado
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://home.bresnan.net/~swultralight/

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Will Rietveld

Showing 271 - 280 of 313 | Page: 1 ...13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32

Forum » Thread

Mt View Crest
Hi Allen, I live next to the Weminuche and know the area well, e-mail me at: willi_wabbit AT bresnan Dot net

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Mnt. View Crest in the Needles???
August 27, 5:53am

ULA Catalyst
Hi Tom, Sorry, no plans to review the ULA Catalyst right now. You might look at the Reader Reviews. Will

In GEAR » Photos of ULA Conduit Please?
August 27, 5:44am

New <acpac AMP Light packs
Darren, just as a FYI, Macpac is upgrading the AMP and coming out with a new AMP Light series next year. Volumes will be 45, 35, and 20 L. Check out our dispatch from the OR Show from the home page...

In GEAR » What Pack
August 27, 5:31am

Re: Photos of ULA Conduit Please?
Hi Sam. In addition to JT's excellent photos, there is also an in-depth review of the Conduit on this website: http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/ultralight_adventure_equipmen...

In GEAR » Photos of ULA Conduit Please?
August 23, 1:02pm

Related question - can you pre-mix Aqua Mira?
I have been using Klear Water and like the simplicity. I take what I need on a trip in a dropper bottle. I have some Aqua Mira to use up and was wondering if I could pre-mix the amount of Aqua Mira...

In GEAR » Aqua Mira Warning
July 30, 10:46am

Pot Shape, etc
Good questions. The short answer is there is lots of discussion on this forum and elsewhere on the effects of pot shape, metal conductivity, windscreen design, etc . A really interesting new windsc...

In Editor's Roundtable » Comparative Fuel Efficiency and Carry Weight for Six Lightweight Backpacking Cooking Systems: Part I
July 05, 6:39am

FS: Fanatic Fringe Thompson Peak Pack, L
Like-new Thompson Peak frameless backpack in size Large, without hipbelt. Capacity is 3600 cubic inches, weight is 9.4 ounces. Color is blue/black. Cost new is $69, sell for $40 plus $5 shipping. ...

In Gear Swap » FS: Fanatic Fringe Thompson Peak Pack, L
July 04, 1:29pm

FS: GoLite Vision Pack, L
I have a GoLite Vision internal frame daypack that I want to sell. Its a size L, like-new condition, color is Yellow/black. 1850 cubic inches (30 L). Costs $120 new, sell for $50 plus $7.50 shippin...

In Gear Swap » FS: GoLite Vision Pack, L
July 04, 1:28pm

Removing Sap and DWR Treatment
Have you used Goo Gone with regular tent fly *************** No, I haven't, so I don't know what it would do to a DWR treatment on a tent or jacket. DWR treatments are mainly removed by repeated ...

In GEAR » Cleaning a silnylon tent
June 20, 7:31am

Seam Sealing Silnylon
Hi chiu. Is the leakage through the seam that you have circled? If so, you need to seal the seams with a silicone product, like McNett Silnett or a pure silicone caulk (like Silicone II in tubes). ...

In GEAR » question for silnyon
June 20, 7:20am

All Reader Reviews by Will Rietveld

Showing 1 - 4 of 4 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Integral Designs eVENT Shortie Gaiters
I have used these gaiters a lot and really like them. I don't mind their zipperless/Velcroless design, its lighter and simpler. I have size L. For me, they fit very well over mid or full height boo...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
April 23, 8:09am

Six Moon Designs Comet
The new Comet backpack has removeable aluminum stays which allow it to be used as either a frameless or internal frame pack. Without stays it weighs 22 oz and with stays it weighs 27 oz. The Comet ...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
August 03, 7:50pm

Lighten Up! by Don Ladigin
I just got this book and its superb! As I paged through the book, I kept saying yes, right on, perfect, exactly! Don presents the UL gospel clearly and concisely, and the illustrations by Mike Clellan...

In Books and Media
August 03, 7:36pm

Gossamer Gear Fire-fly
The Fire-fly is a real lightweight stove made by mo-go-gear and sold by Gossamer Gear. The whole kit weighs 1.5 ounces and includes the burner, pot stand, windscreen, and heat reflector. The open j...

In Stoves - Alcohol
August 03, 7:24pm